How obstructed??

PJ's

I have been looking on the Cunard website and notice a cruise on QM2 in December 2014 to the Canary Islands for 12 days which is offered at the moment on an early saver fare. The grade of balcony cabins is DA & DC which are on deck 8 and specifies that they have an obstructed view (lifeboats). Does this mean that when you are on your balcony you will be looking at a lifeboat with no view of the sea? Having been on QV once before and getting ready to cruise on her again in a couple of weeks :) we have always looked forward to the day when we could embark QM2. Any info would be appreciated.

I have been looking on the Cunard website and notice a cruise on QM2 in December 2014 to the Canary Islands for 12 days which is offered at the moment on an early saver fare. The grade of balcony cabins is DA & DC which are on deck 8 and specifies that they have an obstructed view (lifeboats). Does this mean that when you are on your balcony you will be looking at a lifeboat with no view of the sea? Having been on QV once before and getting ready to cruise on her again in a couple of weeks :) we have always looked forward to the day when we could embark QM2. Any info would be appreciated.
Yes' date=' I'm afraid it does, unless you are [i']very[/i] lucky. There are a few balconies where a (narrow) view of the sea is possible between the lifeboats, but you'd need to be able to book specific cabin numbers to be sure of obtaining one of these. Otherwise you'll be looking at a big orange thing :eek: . I've never had an "obstructed view" cabin yet, and will do my best in future to avoid one!

Here is the link:

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/qm2_obs

to the Cunard Website where there are photos of the view from each individual "obstructed view" balcony (these are port side cabins, starboard side ones are similar, just consult a deck plan). They are great photos, if your favourite colour is orange!

All best wishes,

Edited by pepperrn

Thanks for your prompt replies - I think I'll pass this time, do not want a view of a lifeboat for 12 days. At least I've got my cruise on QV to look forward to in a couple of weeks. :):)