Law Enforcement discount

orville99

I always tell rci I am a career firefighter while making the reservation for my family and have never ever gotten a discount. Been a carreer firefighter for ten years and have tried to get this discount for six cruises now on all diff classes of royals ships and never get it.They say my state connecticut is not eligible Strange some get this discount and others dont.And anytime I go online to create a future cruise it never gives me a discount when i enter it in the dropdown list. Same price without putting it in.. Ticks me off Im always told its not applicable even though its right in the drop down menu to enter.

I understand your pain. Federal Law Enforcement Officers(Active and Retired) are no longer eligible for a discount either. This changed about a year and a half ago. Not sure why. Can't seem to get an answer.

I have been in the Military and Law Enforcement for over 33 years. Almost every company DOES offer Military and Law Enforcement discounts. ALL you need is your department issued ID or Discharge papers. Often times you have to really push hard to get it. Other times you get an agent that knows what they are doing.

HOWEVER EVERYONE I have come across are only on the base rates of base accommodations. As soon as you upgrade in any way / shape / form the discount no longer applies. Since my wife and I love balcony room's we can never get any military or LE discounts.

I do personally thank any and all companies that offer a true discount for those that served and still serve. HOWEVER, the companies that only offer a minuscule discount to say they do for publicity reasons... well you know!

TO THOSE THAT HAVE SERVED and STILL SERVE.... (Military, Law Enforcement, Fire Fighting, Teachers) From one public servant to another.... THANK YOU for your hard work and dedication!!

I understand your pain. Federal Law Enforcement Officers(Active and Retired) are no longer eligible for a discount either. This changed about a year and a half ago. Not sure why. Can't seem to get an answer.

It was posted some time ago that the discount is considered a gift and Federal policy stricktly prohibits accepting gifts.

I always tell rci I am a career firefighter while making the reservation for my family and have never ever gotten a discount. Been a carreer firefighter for ten years and have tried to get this discount for six cruises now on all diff classes of royals ships and never get it.They say my state connecticut is not eligible Strange some get this discount and others dont.And anytime I go online to create a future cruise it never gives me a discount when i enter it in the dropdown list. Same price without putting it in.. Ticks me off Im always told its not applicable even though its right in the drop down menu to enter.

Not all cabins on all ships have a discount rate. When they do, it is often like any RCCL rate. ... changes at a moments notice and it's gone. The availability of senior, police/fire, state of residence and military discounts are all very much hit and miss. It's not a blanket % or amount they apply.

Consider it a gift.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

To find the above mentioned discounts go to Royal's website.

Click on Plan a Cruise on the left side of the page.

Click Search for a Cruise.

Click Advanced Search.

Under Exclusive Savings click U.S. or Canadian Law Enforcement, Fire Dept. or EMT.

Make any other choices on the page. At the bottom click See Results. Scroll down the new page for the results.

Currently there are 93 discounts. Of course, once you narrow your choices for practicality you'll have less. Still, this is a good way to find them.

Its not applicable on all cruises. Out of my 16 or so cruises I think it was available on like less than half. As far as the state discount. I only have received it when I cruised out of NYC twice since Im from NY state. I am assuming FL residents get the benefit of this the most. People who are landlocked probably never get it

Originally Posted by xvxpskowro viewpost.gif

It is only for actual law enforcement officers. Does not apply to civilians working for law enforcement.

This is not true. I am a civilian and I get the discount

Edited by mariapd719