cruise points on RCCL

lullabel

Hi I'm just back from a 12 night cruise on the Oasis which was amazing. I was told by my booking agent I would get double points as I was a solo traveller. I just checked my points and I wasn't awarded double points. Does anyone know anything about these awards?

lullabel

Hi I'm just back from a 12 night cruise on the Oasis which was amazing. I was told by my booking agent I would get double points as I was a solo traveller. I just checked my points and I wasn't awarded double points. Does anyone know anything about these awards?

lullabel

Other solo cruisers have reported this happening. They have been able to contact Crown & Anchor and have the additional points added.

I thought the policy was based on the supplement you paid, and if you paid higher than 100% you received double points?

Not True. Only with you book an SB Category (Quantum-Class) or SI Category (Quantum and Radiance class) all other supplements you will get double points.

As far as my understanding goes - and someone like Bob would know better than I do - any solo booking in a double occupancy cabin is going to get the double points, even if it was booked with a 150% supplement special, or as a BOGOHO, or similar (with an extra point for JS and above).

If you book one of the "single" cabins, you only get one point. So the SB and SI should only get one point.

As far as my understanding goes - and someone like Bob would know better than I do - any solo booking in a double occupancy cabin is going to get the double points, even if it was booked with a 150% supplement special, or as a BOGOHO, or similar (with an extra point for JS and above).

If you book one of the "single" cabins, you only get one point. So the SB and SI should only get one point.

correct.

Thank you guys for getting back to me so promptly. I have emailed C&A so hopefully they will add on the points.

You will get a faster response by calling them....I had this happen to me on a cruise I took Sept. 1st...only got the single points...emailed C&A..got the canned we have received your email response...and then nothing...a few day's later I called C&A & by the next day my points were showing correctly...:)

lullabel

I apologize that you live in Ireland and will not be able to use the simple solution that I do, which is to call Crown & Anchor at 800-526-9723.

Here is your C&A number. I hope that they can help. 0844 493 5010 I have been hearing some scary things about the "help" that they are now providing to our European friends. :eek:

This is correct. A solo will get the extra point per night in ANY cabin that is not specifically CALLED a solo cabin by Royal Caribbean. As pointed out above, those are the "new" solo cabins on some Radiance class ships and the Quantum and Anthem.

This is correct. A solo will get the extra point per night in ANY cabin that is not specifically CALLED a solo cabin by Royal Caribbean. As pointed out above, those are the "new" solo cabins on some Radiance class ships and the Quantum and Anthem.

everytime I try and price a Solo cabin, they always come out more expensive than a Q category. Do you know why that is?

exactly. but there are cases where you get a regular cabin with reduced single supplement, say 150%. you will get the double points on those as well.

What I am trying to understand is can you book a room, that would normally have a supplement, but for whatever reason NOT have one when you book AND still get the bonus points?

I thought I saw something that said you would get the bonus points as long as you paid a supplement.

FWIW, I'm unlikely to traveling alone, but I do have some friends who do so and am trying to sensitive to their situation.

What I am trying to understand is can you book a room, that would normally have a supplement, but for whatever reason NOT have one when you book AND still get the bonus points?

I thought I saw something that said you would get the bonus points as long as you paid a supplement.

FWIW, I'm unlikely to traveling alone, but I do have some friends who do so and am trying to sensitive to their situation.

The way I understand it, a single is supposed to get the bonus points based only on the stateroom category they book. Nothing to do with the amount of supplement. If they book a category that normally holds two (or more) guests, they get the bonus points. If they book one of those single categories that are on Quantum and Radiance, then they don't get the bonus points.