Another newbie question

hi all

As I mentioned in a previous thread, this will be my first Seabourn cruise. I saw that under my cruising preferences, I can pick what type of beverages I would like in my stateroom. If I pick two alcohols, does that mean I won't get any bottled water? May I request different beverages along the way?

thanks again

Liz

They will usually bring a couple of 1.5 l bottles of water - you should be able to ask for smaller bottles. They will also bring any type of soda. If you do not find it in your cabin, just ask your room steward. I have even made special request for certain types of soda.

There were 3 large bottles of water always in our cupboard above the fridge. As we used them they were always replaced by the stewardess. There are any number of places to get smaller bottles on the ship. When ever you leave/return to the ship there are bottle on the table near the exit, there are bottles in the gym etc. Or just ask your stewardess for some (but I have never had to do that).

I liked to have the flip top smaller bottles (not screw caps) beside my bed so I bought an Evian bottle and refilled it as necessary from the large bottles in my suite.

You can also request wine from room service. We often do that along with a cheese plate in late afternoon

Yes we did that a couple of afternoons. The cheese platter was nice and they delivered a bottle of our preferred wine. One afternoon I went to the TK bar and got a couple of espresso martinis to have on our balcony. I guess what I'm saying is, most things are possible.

My partner is a Diet Mountain Dew addict. Tanquerey Rangpuhr gin is one of my favorite hard liquors. We requested both in advance; even though our port of Origin was Buenas Ares, somehow Seaborn managed to stock the cases of it that my partner consumed over the next multiple weeks. They really will do almost anything to accommodate. On another cruise, we had specifically mentioned how much we liked skate and sweet breads. The night we requested the skate, we got a personal visit from the chef apologizing (he thought they had skate on board and they didn't) and basically provided us with some of the most extraordinary dishes-from truffle risotto to scallops with bacon brittle-that we've ever had.

I'm already drooling thinking about our upcoming cruise in November :-)

We learned very quickly on Seabourn one doesn't make throw away comments as Seabourn will make it happen.

One night we were in the main dining room, I think the Quest, when the passengers next to us on our table jokingly asked if they could have Corned Beef and Cauliflower sauce for dinner. The waiter went away and came back and said they could have it in a couple of nights if they wished as Seabourn would have to corn the beef. The passenger was only joking. The rest of the table joined them for the Corned Beef dinner night. Things like this which happen is why we like Seabourn

• 2 weeks later...
We learned very quickly on Seabourn one doesn't make throw away comments as Seabourn will make it happen.

One night we were in the main dining room, I think the Quest, when the passengers next to us on our table jokingly asked if they could have Corned Beef and Cauliflower sauce for dinner. The waiter went away and came back and said they could have it in a couple of nights if they wished as Seabourn would have to corn the beef. The passenger was only joking. The rest of the table joined them for the Corned Beef dinner night. Things like this which happen is why we like Seabourn

I have had 2 similar experiences on Azamara. Several years ago, before escargot were on the "everyday menu", I requested them and they were available the next day or the day after. I also love their sausage rolls that are available sometimes in the morning at the Mosaic coffee bar. I was there one morning, in the hopes of having one and there were none available. After a brief discussion, one of the chefs appeared, apologized to no end and then offered to go make some for me. It truly is the little things.

Liz

Lisa these stories are about your wish is my opportunity to please you . We also have many such experiences of being unexpectedly delighted by Seabourn spoiling. You will find Seabourn is like the fairy Godmother. Be prepared to be amazed by the magic experienced on Seabourn.

PRESENTLY Seabourn 60 days to date. PAST Azamara cruiser of 100++days .

Enjoy your Cruise.

Edited by koalapanda

As we will be first time cruisers in November and as we have chosen Seabourn for our first venture on the seas I am sure you can all imagine the delight we are having in reading all the wonderful remarks about being very well looked. Thank you all Seabourn afficiandos!

Maureen and Jon

.... and as we have chosen Seabourn for our first venture on the seas

We were the same as you are, SB was our first cruise line. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. We have no reason to try another line as each cruise has been as good or better than the previous. (we are only on 44 days, but there will be more).

Lisa these stories are about your wish is my opportunity to please you . We also have many such experiences of being unexpectedly delighted by Seabourn spoiling. You will find Seabourn is like the fairy Godmother. Be prepared to be amazed by the magic experienced on Seabourn.

PRESENTLY Seabourn 60 days to date. PAST Azamara cruiser of 100++days .

Enjoy your Cruise.

Thank you!

We were the same as you are, SB was our first cruise line. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. We have no reason to try another line as each cruise has been as good or better than the previous. (we are only on 44 days, but there will be more).

Ditto. SB was our first cruise line too. It was going to be a one off but third SB cruise coming up! :D

My favorite Seabourn story is when we were on our 30+ day I had asked for a can of tomato juice in our refrigerator. Each day I found a glass of covered tomato juice waiting for me. At first I was confused that they would open a can and pour it into a glass rather than letting me open the can when I was ready to have a drink. Several days later our stewardess apologized to me that there was no tomato juice in the refrigerator that morning. She told me they were late squeezing the tomatoes that day. No cans on Seabourn just the best fresh ingredients they can provide. While my next cruise is on a Silverseas I am looking forward to another cruise with Seabourn.

Yes.

Seabourn's internet packages are as follows:

Packages by the hour:

"SILVER": Buy two hours for $19.95, and use your 120 minutes at your leisure.

"GOLD": Buy three hours for $29.95, and use your 180 minutes at your leisure.

"PLATINUM ": Buy four hours for $39.95, and use your 240 minutes at your leisure.

Packages for your stay:

"DIAMOND": Buy seven days unlimited access for $239.95.

"DIAMOND EXTENDED": If your cruise exceeds seven days, this package includes unlimited internet access for your entire stay at a one-time charge of $399.95.

Yes.

Seabourn's internet packages are as follows:

Packages by the hour:

"SILVER": Buy two hours for $19.95, and use your 120 minutes at your leisure.

"GOLD": Buy three hours for $29.95, and use your 180 minutes at your leisure.

"PLATINUM ": Buy four hours for $39.95, and use your 240 minutes at your leisure.

Packages for your stay:

"DIAMOND": Buy seven days unlimited access for $239.95.

"DIAMOND EXTENDED": If your cruise exceeds seven days, this package includes unlimited internet access for your entire stay at a one-time charge of $399.95.

I do wonder why SB don't offer a reduced rate for say the Gold or Platinum package because it's the same whatever package you buy ($10 an hour) with no incentive to buy a few hours for a slightly reduced rate. It's a big leap from Platinum to Diamond.

Whilst my beloved whinges like mad about having to pay for the Internet, we went for the 'free' silver package as our 'rewards' for being silver members and after 2 weeks still had 20 minutes left from the 4 hours (in total). Instead of having my nose in my iPad and surfing the WWW, I rationed it and tbh, didn't really miss it. Beloved used his to mainly check out mountain biking routes :D

It would be different if we needed it for work but I banned him from bringing work with him ;)

• 1 month later...
As we will be first time cruisers in November and as we have chosen Seabourn for our first venture on the seas I am sure you can all imagine the delight we are having in reading all the wonderful remarks about being very well looked. Thank you all Seabourn afficiandos!

Maureen and Jon

what is your embarkation date?...we are also first timers on seabourn sailing nov. 23...stephen and holly.