A few questions about Viking

MalibooNewYork

My friend and I took out first river cruise ever, Wine and Chateau, and had a wonderful time. I have a few general questions because we would like to take another one. Here goes:

The Forseti was spotlessly clean. Are all Viking ships as clean?

There was only one young person on our ship, a girl about 16 or so. does Viking have any age policies or restrictions? Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the adult atmosphere and would not want to cruise with children.

I haven't read any reviews yet but am looking at the two Danube cruises: Romantic Danube and Danube Waltz. I would really appreciate any information.

As i said, we have one cruise under our belt and I think we are hooked as we are already planning our next after only being back a month.

Thank you in advance.

I have been on four Viking cruises and the ships are all very clean.

The ships are mainly for adults but on my first river cruise years ago there was a family with children but I think they very rarely take children.

We were on the Viking Skadi in April of this year and it was very clean. Our group of three couples all thought the ship was very nice. I am 46 and my friend is 52 and we were the "kids" on the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The ships are mainly for adults but on my first river cruise years ago there was a family with children but I think they very rarely take children.

I'll post the Viking policy on children here as well as people are more likely to find it in this thread:

H4. CHILDREN/MINORS

Due to the nature of our cruises, we do not maintain specific facilities or services for children aboard cruise vessels. On all cruises children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by and share a cabin with a parent, legal guardian or other responsible adult over the age of 21. We regret that we are unable to accommodate children under the age of 12 and reserve the right to limit the number of children on board any particular vessel between the ages of 12 and 18.

This is Scenic's policy on Young Passengers

4.8 Young Passengers

(a) Passengers under the age of 21 years (as at the Tour Departure Date) must be accompanied by an adult and share their accommodation with an adult.

(b) Children under the age of 12 years are not encouraged (with the exception of Christmas tours and cruises) and are accepted or rejected at Our sole discretion.

We are just back from the Grand European Tour on the Viking Jarl. Ship is very very clean. There were two young boys (about 7 and 11) on board with a grandmother and aunt. They were never a problem, however, I do think they got pretty bored. General population is retirement age. I would highly recommend the Grand European Tour for anyone.

I just returned from the Grand European cruise on the Atla. The ship was clean and the personnel good. BE AWARE of water levels and top deck closures though. We had a 3 day bus cruise to start due to low water levels and the top deck was closed most of the cruise, a big negative not mentioned in their literature.

Very luck of the draw. The Jarl had no problem navigating the waters and if I remember correctly the upper deck was only closed the normal two days due to low bridges. We were out there from June 24 thru July 8. We had a great time.

I just returned from the Grand European cruise on the Atla. The ship was clean and the personnel good. BE AWARE of water levels and top deck closures though. We had a 3 day bus cruise to start due to low water levels and the top deck was closed most of the cruise, a big negative not mentioned in their literature.

Unfortunate but it certainly happens - both high and low water periods. The top deck is closed a lot due to low bridges too. Our Gram European Cruise on the Idun in 2012 was spectacular even though the top deck was closed for a few days.

I've only been on one Viking Ship so far, the Helgi, and it was immaculate as well as being child-free. My husband and I were the two youngest passengers (49 - him and 43 - me).

I can't say enough great things about our entire experience with Viking, we loved every minute of it and we hope to sail with Viking again.

Edited by LipBalmAddict