Luggage

rcandkc

We are doing the 2 night pre cruise stay at the IC before our cruise. I know we don't leave for the ship until 2;30/3:00. Do we have to leave rooms by noon? If so, what do we with luggage? Our stay is with a PG package.

Last summer we did the same thing you are doing...we called for the bags to be picked up at the room, had them store them until about 2pm, then set them out in the lobby with the other bags of folks that were to be transported to the ship. Many others did this also....frees you up to do the lunch and wander till then.

Chuck

Last summer we did the same thing you are doing...we called for the bags to be picked up at the room, had them store them until about 2pm, then set them out in the lobby with the other bags of folks that were to be transported to the ship. Many others did this also....frees you up to do the lunch and wander till then.

Chuck

Not sure if you were referencing this, but I have read that previosuly there was a pre-cruise lunch included for folks who did the pre-cruise stay at the IC. I looked though my cruise documents and did not see any reference to this. I did see that breakfast was included. Anyone back recently know?

Last July (2011) the pre-cruise lunch was provided at the IC Tahiti. Was listed in the items we received approx. 25 days prior to the sailing.

Was a nice selection to pick from on the menu..... however, I learned the hard way, they do not have re-fills (for free) on ice tea. Came to about $22 US for 4 glasses of tea.

Chuck

Last July (2011) the pre-cruise lunch was provided at the IC Tahiti. Was listed in the items we received approx. 25 days prior to the sailing.

Was a nice selection to pick from on the menu..... however, I learned the hard way, they do not have re-fills (for free) on ice tea. Came to about $22 US for 4 glasses of tea.

Chuck

Ouch! Thanks for the warning.

On page 8 of the brochure "pre and post cruise hotel programs" that comes with your documents, it specifically states --Embarkation Day--"Tahiti guests will check out after breakfast, by 11:00 and will be provided a complimentary lunch at the hotel prior to their afternoon transfer to the pier for embarkation at 3:00pm."

Charlottegirl has pointed out the verbiage. We took our docs with us but didnt need them. When we got to the hotel we mentioned this at the restaurant and they showed us the list with our names on it and told us that we were entitled to the lunch.

Its not provided by the PG but by the hotel.

FYI................we were on the March 3 cruise with the PG 2 Day pre-cruise at the IC-Tahiti.

-When we sat down in the restaurant for "included" lunch on the last day (there were 6 of us traveling together), I referenced the included lunch. I was then told it was no longer included.

-I then went to the front desk with my PG "Pre/Post Tour Extension" booklet which mentioned the lunch. The front desk agreed to honor it for my wife and I, but said PG had sent me old literature.

-As our traveling companions had not received (or had discarded) their booklets, we decided just to move to a table in the outdoor bar area and have drinks until time for departure to the PG....figured we'd be getting enough food on the PG!

-So.............there's no more free lunch on the last day at the IC-Tahiti on the PG package. Not a big deal....we were still "full" from the included breakfast at the IC.

Mighty El, thanks for the info. We're doing the 2-day IC pre-cruise, and my husband and I are doing a dive on the morning of embarkation day, while our friends will hang out at the IC. It would be really helpful if we got a free lunch that day, and I was hoping it would be included so we didn't have to worry about it. But good to know we won't. We'll figure something else out, I guess.

Archived