ES price drop OBC?

superdave69

Did you tell your TA about the drop and have him/her submit the form? Carnival doesn't automatically give obc when they drop prices. You have to see it and claim it.

Yes TA did submit form and it was approved..was just hoping to see it on Docs.

If you go to Carnival.com and Manage My Cruise. Then click on View My Cruise Documents. There is a box on the second page that says Cruise Itemized Charges (this lists your rate, taxes, fees.) Then there is a smaller box right below it that has my On Board Credit and the next line below it states "Government taxes and fees are subject to change...."

If you go to Carnival.com and Manage My Cruise. Then click on View My Cruise Documents. There is a box on the second page that says Cruise Itemized Charges (this lists your rate, taxes, fees.) Then there is a smaller box right below it that has my On Board Credit and the next line below it states "Government taxes and fees are subject to change...."

On ours on the Cruise Itemized charges..all it say on every line is "As Agreed"

We booked through a TA. We have three OBCs coming to us on this cruise.

The first is $150 from Carnival that was part of their advertizing when we booked. That one shows on our docs, just the way abitaturbodog said.

The second OBC is a $300 reimbursement from Carnival for an error on their part. (To long to explain it.) That shows up too.

The third OBC is $100 from our travel agent. That one does not show, but she has explained that it will not show until right before we sail. (This is the same procedure as the OBC she gave us last time we cruised). We do have that one clearly stated on our Booking confirmation e-mail.

So it may depend on the source of the on board credit. If it's from your TA, check with her, it may show up later. Still, you need to get that in writing (e-mail) from her. If it's from the cruise line itself, you need to call your TA and get that in writing too.

We booked through a TA. We have three OBCs coming to us on this cruise.

The first is $150 from Carnival that was part of their advertizing when we booked. That one shows on our docs, just the way abitaturbodog said.

The second OBC is a $300 reimbursement from Carnival for an error on their part. (To long to explain it.) That shows up too.

The third OBC is $100 from our travel agent. That one does not show, but she has explained that it will not show until right before we sail. (This is the same procedure as the OBC she gave us last time we cruised). We do have that one clearly stated on our Booking confirmation e-mail.

So it may depend on the source of the on board credit. If it's from your TA, check with her, it may show up later. Still, you need to get that in writing (e-mail) from her. If it's from the cruise line itself, you need to call your TA and get that in writing too.

I agree!..just weird how viewing our cruise docs on Carnival.. its the same every time we cruise..never shows the $$ amounts that we paid in the cruise Itemized area..just says "As Agreed" on every single line..we have always gotten our OBC from our TA even tho its never shown on our Docs..and this is first time we ever booked the ES in 13 yrs..and it does not show the price drop OBC from Carnival..so emailed my TA who I have used for my group cruises for the past 6 years...just weird to me how others who use TA's can see their OBC but we never can..

I agree!..just weird how viewing our cruise docs on Carnival.. its the same every time we cruise..never shows the $$ amounts that we paid in the cruise Itemized area..just says "As Agreed" on every single line..we have always gotten our OBC from our TA even tho its never shown on our Docs..and this is first time we ever booked the ES in 13 yrs..and it does not show the price drop OBC from Carnival..so emailed my TA who I have used for my group cruises for the past 6 years...just weird to me how others who use TA's can see their OBC but we never can..

That's really weird.:confused: This is the first time we've used a TA and gotten on board credit, so it's new to us.

I'm wondering if the OBC the OP was supposed to get was coming as a "gift" from their TA and not from Carnival as a price drop. If I was a TA and promised to give an OBC, I would most likely wait right up until my customer was going to sail to remove the funds from my bank account and apply them to their booking. Especially if my bank account was interest earning. If that' the case, it will probably show up closer to the date that the OP sails. I guess...

Archived