Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

• Administrators

Hello, everyone!

The first part of this thread reached over 5000 posts, so it's time to close it and start a new one. The original is now closed, but remains available for review and reading at this link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1894360

Please continue your water cooler discussion in this thread. :)

As we've been closed ..... thought I'd just add the opening post out of the original thread for continuity ..... that went to over 206,000 views and over the limit of 5k posts ....

Jeff

Clearly some of the threads have moved so far off-topic from the OPs original intentions that there is a clear need for a place for people to post where they do not irritate others and can proceed to discuss only those things that are severely unimportant and are the square root of nothing in particular. This use to be something very popular over in SBLand and seems to be something that needs to fill a vacuum here so, and Host Dan agrees. And as a non-recovering OT recidivist he has agreed I should open it.

I guess that in order to ensure this doesn't make Host Dan's life even more problematic we remind ourselves that ALL CC guidelines apply but with the exception that things can be both on and off topic. I'd also like to add a rider for this thread. I personally try to be poster-blind. I try to read each post on it's merits. I'd like this thread to be a place for everyone to banter on anything they wish and the topic either floats or sinks on the interest it generates. I'd also like old perceived slights and scores to be set-aside. I'd like to see the only rule is that anything can be posted that if you were reasonably imaginative and generous it's appropriate. I'd also like to offer the suggestion that everyone should be offered the benefit of the doubt. If you don't like a post then either ignore it, or report it. Don't say you don't like it. Anyway – I have no authority – I just want to start a congenial thread which people simply enjoy with minimal risk of nastiness. Host Dan can if he wants dump all the rubbish form other threads here if he thinks appropriate.

So where do we start.

Guess where I am?

ps. apologies for tappawhalla ipad issues

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

It's lovely to see the Americans looking forward to invading Germany and bringing back a Volkswagen. A Car Of The People! I'm looking forward to the tri and piccies.

JP, I finally decided today that I couldn't delay any further and had to stump up the cash and buy the Sony, and they are out stock! £850 saved!

Jeff

Nicely done, crashing the boards and all... :)

Working evenings/nights this week. And Saturday. Oh well, Germany is getting closer!

JP, evenings and nights must be a tough slog! Hope it goes quickly for you!

I must have missed it in a previous post - what Sony?

My last one was the same but the first release. It went wrong ... partly because I dropped it .... and John Lewis gave me my original cash back plus a bit so it is fully refunded from the refund near enough ...

http://www.johnlewis.com/sony-cyber-shot-rx-100-iv-camera-4k-20-1mp-2-9x-optical-zoom-wi-fi-nfc-oled-evf-3-tiltable-screen/p2087142

Jeff

Do you have enough sun for the use of your outdoor oven Jeff? Is the chicken a go? :)

No ... it is below the 18c figure so it is indoors for inside food.

In a way I'm sorry Terry didn't post #5000 as we could have blamed in for our defenestration and summary ejection and eviction from our home. And the Host was from Atlanta ... all that Souther Hospitatility GONE! :D

I was getting use to the curtains and everything and here we are in a new home and we've got to redecorate! :eek:

Jeff

Wifey thinks we should have a State Opening of Cooler#2.

I think as Host Michel is our latest guest and needs to join us .... (he? she?) should do it ... or all our ladies should ... and I include Lola who is currently in between.

Anyway, Brenda has offered to lead ....

Jeff

ImageVaultHandler.aspx.jpg

6830aed4-eb63-11e3-_710514c.jpg

queen_s-speech_Sol_3319069k.jpg

Queens-speech.jpg

ImageVaultHandler.aspx.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Unfortunate about your weather! We are in a heat stew here! Walking out into it feels like being slapped in the face with a hot wet towel. If you redecorate here, retro would be cool! :) Maybe some psychedelics?

My last one was the same but the first release. It went wrong ... partly because I dropped it .... and John Lewis gave me my original cash back plus a bit so it is fully refunded from the refund near enough ...

http://www.johnlewis.com/sony-cyber-shot-rx-100-iv-camera-4k-20-1mp-2-9x-optical-zoom-wi-fi-nfc-oled-evf-3-tiltable-screen/p2087142

Jeff

I looked at that camera... As a second pocket camera, was waiting until the new prices went down, because

I have the Sony alpha 77, mirror less.

First one, it's great. I wish I could get my zeiss rollei lenses adapted to fit the alpha.

Nicely done, crashing the boards and all... :) Working evenings/nights this week. And Saturday. Oh well, Germany is getting closer!

Congratulations on filling up the old Cooler and getting a "second round" started. Wonderful food pictures today from Jeff and looking forward to hearing more in the future about the upcoming Germany "adventure" for JP and Chris.

Super love the "Royal Opening" pictures. Keep it coming!! On the run with various meetings today, but will catch up later today. Try not to fill up completely this one too quick today. Hopefully this one will last for a few more weeks. Hate to be confused too soon by looking for "round three".

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 116,315 views for this posting.

I looked at that camera... As a second pocket camera, was waiting until the new prices went down, because I have the Sony alpha 77, mirror less. First one, it's great. I wish I could get my zeiss rollei lenses adapted to fit the alpha.

Welcome back to Candy. Go ahead and get that new camera. Just put it on Jeff's credit card. He could use the Frequent Flyer miles by allowing you to charge it to his credit card.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 203,079 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Welcome back to Candy. Go ahead and get that new camera. Just put it on Jeff's credit card. He could use the Frequent Flyer miles by allowing you to charge it to his credit card.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 203,079 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Thanks Terry.

I will wait until Jeff posts his credit card.

That ought to boost coolerdeuxs ratings quickly.

Spin,

Mk1, 2 and 3 of the camera are all wonderful and I was delighted with Mk1. So if you read a bit you might find that v3 might be even better for you .... and save a bit. It's all spin those prices ...

But have a look at some of the slo mo and other stuff ... it is an unbelievable camera - and don't miss the link to "view more videos". This is an ultra hi HD video camera as well as an uber point and shoot.

http://www.sony.net/Products/di/en-us/products/f5kd/index.html

Jeff

ps .... ipad piccies ....

9598FDEE-2A1C-47BC-98CE-032C9EF59F85.jpg

B0349E80-2E1B-4BE9-BA92-2A2919473D2D.jpg

FF9B97F4-A1EE-4D24-A737-A5F1E2239BB4.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

54 and raining up here in Shrops - brrrr. Poor 4 legs wants to go out for a meander around the flower beds but far too nasty for that.

JP I love the thought of American bacon - another thing to add to the long list of things I miss from the real world......

Jeff like the look of the little salad today. DH does not understand my love of rabbit food nor do I understand his love of carbs LOL

M