Toulon

longoverdueitaly

You can also use Toulon as a gateway to places in Provence (e.g., Aix, Arles, Avingon)

If I am looking to find a nice (and maybe not touristy) beach that day that is not too far from port, do you have a suggestion? This will be the second to last day of the trip and a day of relaxation might be the best idea. Thanks.

ps - I'm also in Howard County!

Most cruise ships now stop at La Seyne sur Mer. The lovely sandy beach at Sablettes is just a short bus ride away. Walk out the port to main road, turn right, walk 100 metres, cross road to 'Avenue Charles Tournier' - bus stop is on right hand side up hill about another 100 metres or so. Catch number 83 bus to Les Sablettes. Journey is about 10 minutes and cost is less than 2 euro's each. When you get to Sablettes (last stop for bus), get off the bus, go to the right slightly (50 metres) and walk through to beach on other side. On return journey, bus stop is opposite where you got off. The stop you need is 'Rouve' (you'll see the port as you go down the hill on the bus). It's an easy journey, the bus drivers are used to people off the cruise ships and are very helpful though they do appreciate not being presented with large euro notes!

Most cruise ships now stop at La Seyne sur Mer. The lovely sandy beach at Sablettes is just a short bus ride away. Walk out the port to main road, turn right, walk 100 metres, cross road to 'Avenue Charles Tournier' - bus stop is on right hand side up hill about another 100 metres or so. Catch number 83 bus to Les Sablettes. Journey is about 10 minutes and cost is less than 2 euro's each. When you get to Sablettes (last stop for bus), get off the bus, go to the right slightly (50 metres) and walk through to beach on other side. On return journey, bus stop is opposite where you got off. The stop you need is 'Rouve' (you'll see the port as you go down the hill on the bus). It's an easy journey, the bus drivers are used to people off the cruise ships and are very helpful though they do appreciate not being presented with large euro notes!

Do you catch bus 83 on the way back from the beach? How often does bus 83 run on a Sunday in July?

• 2 weeks later...
Will be in Toulon in a few weeks with X Constellation. From what I read - beaches, wine tours and markets are main attractions. Any suggestions on must sees? Any suggestions on easiest way to best beach?

Good afternoon.

I have the ideal solution for you.

Take a look at my cruise blog review of how to spend a day in Toulon...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2016/07/14/one-way-to-do-toulon-and-cassis/

27629186561_224399029e_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We did Toulon on our own, very easy to do. No need to get the ship's transfer either, much cheaper to take local transit/bus. There is a good size mall there and lots of great shopping and sightseeing. Here is my blog report about that day with info about the port

http://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.ca/2015/11/friday-november-13-toulon-france.html

Good afternoon.

I have the ideal solution for you.

Take a look at my cruise blog review of how to spend a day in Toulon...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2016/07/14/one-way-to-do-toulon-and-cassis/

27629186561_224399029e_z.jpg

Love the blog. Maybe I am missing something, which pictures are from Toulan and which are from Chassie. If I just walk through Toulan, will I see some interesting sights as well?

• 4 months later...