Post Cruise Stay in Paris

crjj

My family and I are planning a post cruise stay in Paris before sailing on the Brilliance of the Seas, June 27th. We'll be in Paris from June 22nd-25th. We're staying in the Montparnasse area.

There will be five in our group: my wife, our youngest daughter, and myself and my parents. Any thoughts and/or recommendations on good websites to visit for additional information, tour/bus services we should think about utilizing or good restaurants to visit that are relatively reasonable in cost. Obvioulsy, we'd like to maximize our time and see as much as possible during our visit.

Thanks,

chester

My family and I are planning a post cruise stay in Paris before sailing on the Brilliance of the Seas, June 27th. We'll be in Paris from June 22nd-25th. We're staying in the Montparnasse area.

There will be five in our group: my wife, our youngest daughter, and myself and my parents. Any thoughts and/or recommendations on good websites to visit for additional information, tour/bus services we should think about utilizing or good restaurants to visit that are relatively reasonable in cost. Obvioulsy, we'd like to maximize our time and see as much as possible during our visit.

Thanks,

chester

Bonsoir...

My favourite way to get around...

http://www.batobus.com/english/

Have a great time in Paris.

Regards,

HeinBloed

My family and I are planning a post cruise stay in Paris before sailing on the Brilliance of the Seas, June 27th. We'll be in Paris from June 22nd-25th. We're staying in the Montparnasse area. There will be five in our group: my wife, our youngest daughter, and myself and my parents. Any thoughts and/or recommendations on good websites to visit for additional information, tour/bus services we should think about utilizing or good restaurants to visit that are relatively reasonable in cost. Obvioulsy, we'd like to maximize our time and see as much as possible during our visit. Thanks,

chester

Hi to Chester from Ohio! There are lots and lots of great options in Paris. We have been to Paris many times and I am an "expert" on another website (that I'm not allowed to mention by CC).

I can offer many, many great suggestions, but it would help to have more information on . . . whether this is the first trip to Paris for your large and diverse group? Are all very mobile and able to walk lots around this charming city with so much to see and enjoy? Get up and down steps to use the wonderful Metro system in Paris? Do you want to do any day-trips to such places as the Loire Valley, Reims/Champagne Country, Versailles, etc.? What are your interests between museums, churches, shopping, entertainment, etc.? If we know more than we can be much more specific and helpful.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Another vote for the Batobus - I think we bought a 2 day ticket - what a lovely way to get about Paris. We used the last boat of the night as an evening river cruise too. Don't miss the Louvre, Notre Dame and Eiffel Tower (obviously), expect crowds at the Eiffel Tower, and I loved the church Sacre Coeur at Montmatre. Don't miss the Nutella crepes at roadside stalls - cheap and absolutely delicious!:)

Thanks,

chester

Paris is the easiest city in the world to navigate if you learn how to use the Metro. Download a Metro map from the internet and study details on how to use the system and purchase tickets. It is the only way to see Paris.

I have recently uploaded some Paris sightseeing videos to my Youtube Travel Channel.

Click on the link below for information posted on Cruise Critic regarding this website.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=926243

CruzerTwo

Paris is the easiest city in the world to navigate if you learn how to use the Metro. Download a Metro map from the internet and study details on how to use the system and purchase tickets. It is the only way to see Paris. CruzerTwo

The Metro is great in Paris. BUT . . . there are thirteen different subway lines, plus the suburban RER rail options. It is important to know which line or lines you want to use, IN ADVANCE, and the name of the end station for your direction so that you go down the right set of stairs to be on the correct side of the tracks. It's not as simple as New York City with uptown or downtown! But it offers totally great, fast, frequent service. Very clean and nice! Single tickets (1.40 Euros) may be purchased at the counters each time, but the better value is a carnet of 10 (10.70 Euros), which will also save you waiting in line. These packets of ten tickets, rather than a multi-day, three or five day pass, might be a better value, depending on your size of party and needs. WEBSITE for maps and other info/details: http://www.ratp.info/touristes/index.php?langue=en

THANKS! Enjoy Paris! Terry in Ohio

Hi to Chester from Ohio! There are lots and lots of great options in Paris. We have been to Paris many times and I am an "expert" on another website (that I'm not allowed to mention by CC).

I can offer many, many great suggestions, but it would help to have more information on . . . whether this is the first trip to Paris for your large and diverse group? Are all very mobile and able to walk lots around this charming city with so much to see and enjoy? Get up and down steps to use the wonderful Metro system in Paris? Do you want to do any day-trips to such places as the Loire Valley, Reims/Champagne Country, Versailles, etc.? What are your interests between museums, churches, shopping, entertainment, etc.? If we know more than we can be much more specific and helpful.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Thank you for your response. Yes, this will be our first trip to Paris. We are all mobile -- the group will consist of myself, our nine year old daughter and my wife, and my parents. They are in their late 60's. We are interested in visiting the usual sites, museums, etc. in Paris and also taking a day trip Versailles. We are also looking for sites that my daughter would enjoy as well. We arrive in Paris the morning of June 22nd and take an overnight train from Paris to Barcelona late on June 26th.

Any recommendations or insights would be helpful.

Thanks,

chester

Archived