Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

A thread for single supplement/solo bargains is very helpful for solo cruisers. :)

There used to be one, but it disappeared :confused: ...maybe it got too big.

So let's start another one and see what happens. :rolleyes:

:D Post all those great deals everyone! :D

But remember, you can't mention specific travel agencies, just general info like:

"Cruise line .... currently has good prices for solo occupancy on .... sailing".

NCL Europe sent out an email, that they will not charge any single supp. at Norwegian Gem TA Barcelona/Spain-New York.

Rate is all incl. Fuel supp and all port fees

Inside € 539 Outside € 699 Balcony € 849 Mini Suite € 1.059

Cruise starts Nov 16

Wendy

Carnival has a good price on Elation, Oct. 18,2008, 5 nights out of San Diego to Cabo San Lucas and Ensenada, Mexico, plus 2 sea days.

I got a single occupancy 1A category, with automatic upgrade to 4B level cabin (nicer interior cabin), for just under $400.

Holland America- April 3 -- April 29

26 Days Transatlantic + Eastern & Western Med

Fort Lauderdale, Lisbon, Portimao, Cadiz, Almeria, Ibiza, Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Rome, Croatia, Corfu, Katakolon, Santorini, Turkey, Athens, Sicily and Rome + 11 days at sea

$2909.00 includes all taxes, fees and fuel surcharges

Just found out about the 0% single supplement for the NCL Jewel on its 12 day repo cruise from NYC to Miami, so I'm taking the plunge and doing my first solo cruise since becoming a widower. Certainly can't beat the price.

Anyone else going?

Still a few interior cabins left for the inaugeral transatlantic for Independence of the Seas - toral cost $863 for 13 nights. Anyone want to join me on the ship? Also have great deals on the other transatlantics.

HI, I AM VERY INTERESTED IN YOUR GREAT DEALS ON OTHER TRANSATLANTICS. THANKS.:)

Hippie Lady

The Independence is sailing on Nov 6 - 13 nights to Ft. Lauderdale with stops in Vigo, Spain, Funchal, and St. Martin. There are equally good deals on the other RCCL Transatlantics - actually a little better but they're going out of Barcelona and I wanted to spend a few days in Scotland visiting friends so I wanted a ship out of Southampton. For one way air I used an air consolidator = much cheaper price for one way fare.

I almost booked the NCL Jewel from New York to Miami - had a great time on NCL Gem last year so was willing to sail NCL again. Make sure you go to the roll call so you'll already have some contacts when you get on the ship. I was also a recent widow, and that was my first solo cruise.

Great Thread!

A) How does one do this one way air thing with a consolidator? Can you put website addresses on here? If not we can do it privately....

B) Are these solo rates advertised or do you need to contact the cruise lines by phone and inquire?

Howard

Not a singles' supplement deal, but NCL is offering several Bahamas sailings for $99 pp - 3 and 4 day. I priced out a 4 day inside cabin in November for $340.51 including taxes and fuel surcharge. And, I've found it slightly cheaper on the online website I use to book cruises.

Hmmmm, I can't seem to get that price - I am coming up with $1,289 - which is still good !

Dee

That is because it is a Tuesday special. I have booked for that price Inside deck 10 $744 with all taxes and fees. Check it out again next Tuesday. It will be my first solo cruise although I have a lot of friends on board.

A thread for single supplement/solo bargains is very helpful for solo cruisers. :)

There used to be one, but it disappeared :confused: ...maybe it got too big.

So let's start another one and see what happens. :rolleyes:

:D Post all those great deals everyone! :D

But remember, you can't mention specific travel agencies, just general info like:

"Cruise line .... currently has good prices for solo occupancy on .... sailing".

Thanks CruisinRyan for this Thread!!! Not able to use any info yet, but keep it coming. Booked on Caribbean Princess out of NY 5/24/09 and Explorer of the Seas 9/17/09 out of Bayonne (Cape Liberty), NJ.

Regards to all who have posted here,

NewJersey222

Marie

Hmmmm, I can't seem to get that price - I am coming up with $1,289 - which is still good !

Dee

Hummm...I just went to the RCCL site and got it again. Not sure what is going on.

Anyone interested........go to RCCL.....search for a cruise.....15 day, transatlantic, leaving from Bracelona 11/29/08 on VOS. Inside is $399.00

• 2 weeks later...

Royal Caribbean Voyager OTS May 13, 2009 from Southampton to Barcelona, 11 nights, just had a price drop. My interior cabin is now $1769 including fuel surcharge and taxes, etc. Not bad - $160/nite. PLUS if you have 100 shares of RCI stock, you receive $200 OBC. Great itinerary - come on along!

Liz