How is the pizza?

If it's similar to the pizza on other NCL ships it will bear no resemblance to pizza that would be served by any self-respecting NY City pizzeria. If you want real NY pizza stop at almost any pizzeria in Manhattan before or after your cruise.

Will be on the Bway in three weeks. Hoping for some good ole New York style pizza.
I'm new to NCL so asked the same question a few months ago as my son loves Pizza....the responses were very mixed. Here is a link to that thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1792812&highlight=pizza

The best pizza at sea is on Princess....it's very good and VERY close to New York style.:)

Seems like a ship dedicated to NYC style, all the way down to the tiny real estate, match box style balconies, would attempt to offer up a descent slice of nyc style pizza. :( ....

Well said :D

I'm new to NCL so asked the same question a few months ago as my son loves Pizza....the responses were very mixed. Here is a link to that thread:

The best pizza at sea is on Princess....it's very good and VERY close to New York style.:)

Princess' pizza is good for a cruise ship. NCL's is comparable to Dominos. Dominos may have the edge .... if your son is little, it probably won't matter LOL Kids love pizza!

You are in Brick - have you ever gone to Pete and Elda's in Neptune? So darn good (if you like thin crust). Gonna head there soon - very soon. Have to go before memorial day weekend, or it's too much benny traffic. Also, Sila Bella in Toms River - good pizza.

AMEN to that Roe2ship!!! Haven't enjoyed a better pizza at sea since I sailed Princess. We had it for lunch almost daily it was so good. :D

You are in Brick - have you ever gone to Pete and Elda's in Neptune? So darn good (if you like thin crust). Gonna head there soon - very soon. Have to go before memorial day weekend, or it's too much benny traffic. Also, Sila Bella in Toms River - good pizza.
Yes, Pete and Elda'a very good...I agree. Have not heard of Sila Bella....you happen to know where in Toms River?

AMEN to that Roe2ship!!! Haven't enjoyed a better pizza at sea since I sailed Princess. We had it for lunch almost daily it was so good. :D
Haha....it REALLY is good! We had it daily for our afternoon snack!;)

Yes, Pete and Elda'a very good...I agree. Have not heard of Sila Bella....you happen to know where in Toms River?

Haha....it REALLY is good! We had it daily for our afternoon snack!;)

1341 Route 9

Toms River, NJ 08755

It's right across the street from the Home Depot. It's in a strip mall.

1341 Route 9

Toms River, NJ 08755

It's right across the street from the Home Depot. It's in a strip mall.

Haha....you even had the exact address! Thanks, will definitely have to try some day.:)

Seems like a ship dedicated to NYC style, all the way down to the tiny real estate, match box style balconies, would attempt to offer up a descent slice of nyc style pizza. :(

Am from North Jersey, btw.

Exactly!

Haha....you even had the exact address! Thanks, will definitely have to try some day.:)

I always know where the good food is LOL If you like garlic crabs, try Bum Rogers in Seaside. They are re-opening this weekend (I think) from Sandy damage.

And you don't have to pay $5 for it. :):):):)

Seems like a ship dedicated to NYC style, all the way down to the tiny real estate, match box style balconies, would attempt to offer up a descent slice of nyc style pizza. :(

Am from North Jersey, btw.

That is a great idea and too bad Sheehan did not think of it. The cake boss is ok but a real NYC style pizza place on the waterfront would have been an excellent idea

And you don't have to pay $5 for it. :):):):)
Exactly!;)

The cake boss is ok but a real NYC style pizza place on the waterfront would have been an excellent idea
It certainly would have....minus the $5 too.:D

If you're from anywhere other than North Jersey or NY, you'd probably like it. You couldn't pay me to eat it!! :D

This will be our 11th cruise and have never tasted one bite of a pizza made by NCL staff. The only pizza I had was made by our 5 year old granddaughter at a Kid's Crew party where the kids customized their own small pizzas they could share with their family.

Our favorite pizza is New Haven style (CT)thin crust brick oven pizza. We are pretty fussy about our pizza, too!

Ok, I know I will sound stupid, but I'm not from ny. I know what Chicago style pizza is, but I have no idea what ny style pizza is. Someone?

It's not deep dish. At least that's what "chicago style" is around here. NY is thinner crust but the slices are usually enormous. And delicious!

Archived