Places or things you could see/do pre/post Cruise in Seattle

shadowmeboy

We always do Select dining. Just booked all my dinner reservations for dining based on our port schedule. If you have Select I advise you to do the same to get the times you want based on our port schedule. Some nights we are in late and it is later than we eat but we will adjust.

We always do Select dining. Just booked all my dinner reservations for dining based on our port schedule. If you have Select I advise you to do the same to get the times you want based on our port schedule. Some nights we are in late and it is later than we eat but we will adjust.

It might be better to post this post one the board related to the cruise line you are sailing, as it doesn't relate to this threads topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see several Mendenhall Glacier excursions in several ports that vary in price by $20 or so. Is there a better port to do the excursion in? I am trying not to break the bank on excursions on this trip since it is our third cruise this year.

This is better discussed on the Alaska board located here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

It might be better to post this post one the board related to the cruise line you are sailing, as it doesn't relate to this threads topic.

So sorry,. I was trying to figure our why it didn't post to my roll call and wondering where it posted. I had too many windows open. My apologies..

We are doing a 1 nighter in May and thinking of heading to Great Wolf. I don't want to rent a car and it looks as if it would be possible by train to Cascadia and then maybe a cab from the station to the waterpark. Has anyone ever done it by train? Any thoughts? Is it worth the cost? I have two kids, aged 10 and 5 and think they would have a blast there. We have done Seattle so many times that it would be nice to try something different!

We are doing a 1 nighter in May and thinking of heading to Great Wolf. I don't want to rent a car and it looks as if it would be possible by train to Cascadia and then maybe a cab from the station to the waterpark. Has anyone ever done it by train? Any thoughts? Is it worth the cost? I have two kids, aged 10 and 5 and think they would have a blast there. We have done Seattle so many times that it would be nice to try something different!

You would need to take the train to Centralia. Should be doable though. I would contact the cab company in Centrailia before you go as there will be few cabs there.

Great Wolf Lodge is actually in Grand mound. It's about 6 or 7 miles North of Centralia. Like what Shadowmeboy said, I'd contact a local cab company or contact Great Wolf Lodge to see if transportation is available from the train station to the Great Wolf Lodge.

Great Wolf Lodge is actually in Grand mound. It's about 6 or 7 miles North of Centralia. Like what Shadowmeboy said, I'd contact a local cab company or contact Great Wolf Lodge to see if transportation is available from the train station to the Great Wolf Lodge.

Thanks for the heads up. I assumed if there was a train station there would be plenty of cabs. I'm used to city living! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Great info! Thanks for sharing :). If we fly into Seattle morning before our cruise, would it make sense to stay in a hotel near airport for that night? Thinking it would be easy to drop luggage and then use the train into the city. Then use a shuttle service for a ride to pier next morning. Hotels look to be about half the price of staying downtown.

Game test at Microsoft ( may have coordination difficulties) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/playtest/default.aspx

Center for Wooden Boats

The Underground Tour

The Argosy Tour

Ballard Locks

Seattle Art Museum

The Troll and Fremont district

Micro brew and Micro Distillery tour

The bad art museum

Wing Luke

Experience Music Project/Space Needle/ Experience Music Project

Kubota Gardens

The Central Library

Piece of the Berlin Wall and the statue of Lenin

Salty Dog Pottery

Pioneer Square

the Monorail

Museum of Flight

The Waterfront

Ferry ride to Bremerton

Olympic Sculptor Park

Klondike Gold Rush National Historic Park.

Fishing Charter

Steve's Weird House

Smith Tower

the Zoo

Pike Place Market

the International District (chinatown)/ Uwajimama asian super market

the Seattle Arboretum

Canoe from the U. of Washington

Water Taxi ti W. Seattle

Ride the Slut

Baseball/Football/Soccer game

Bruce Lee's Grave

Volunteer Park Water Tower

Getting out of Seattle opens up multiple National Parks, railroad museums, historic towns and a lot more.

Edited by geeko1

Great info! Thanks for sharing :). If we fly into Seattle morning before our cruise, would it make sense to stay in a hotel near airport for that night? Thinking it would be easy to drop luggage and then use the train into the city. Then use a shuttle service for a ride to pier next morning. Hotels look to be about half the price of staying downtown.

That's what I would do.

• 4 weeks later...
Experience Music Project/Space Needle/ Experience Music Project

Just adding for future accuracy EMP has been renamed as the Museum of Pop Culture or MoPOP. Still a great visit if you are in to music and/or Science Fiction.

Just adding for future accuracy EMP has been renamed as the Museum of Pop Culture or MoPOP. Still a great visit if you are in to music and/or Science Fiction.

wow this place looks great. thanks for sharing

Loved EMP when we were in Seattle. My older child listed that as a really desired activity and since none of us had strong leanings elsewhere that's where we went. Awesome experience.

In the evening my younger son and I went to Safeco Field to see his first baseball game while the other two went too a movie.

We cashed in our Westjet point too fly to Vancouver took the train to Seattle and also cashed in almost all my IHG points to stay at the Holiday Inn on Aurora.

Really glad we went. Seattle was an awesome port city but w did find it pricey. If it wasn't from accumulated points from lots of business travel from a previous job we wouldn't have been able to go.

Perhaps one year we can go back and just experience Seattle properly

Sent from my LG-D852 using Forums mobile app