UK couple seeking help for stay in Fort Lauderdale

welshwizards

Go with your initial interest! The Riverside meets all your criteria and is the only hotel on Las Olas Blvd which is an iconic section of Fort Lauderdale as opposed to the 17th Street area which could be any multi-lane road bordered by strip malls anywhere in the USA (it does have nice palm trees that you don't find everywhere though). For more info on Las Olas Blvd, check out http://www.lasolasboulevard.com.

Yes to Riverside Hotel!! It's an older hotel, but very nice. So many neat shops and restaurants along the street, some with outside tables, music. It's great, especially if you arrived by plane and don't have a car.

We have stayed there several times.

Hi all, we are booked on Reflection 4th Jan 19. We fly in on 3rd and am looking for somewhere decent to stay. We would like a safe hotel near to decent bars and maybe close to some shops. The Riverside has attracted our attention, thanks

Wait...Are you talking about January, 2019?

If so, that's two years from now and there are hotels, bars and restaurants that aren't even built and opened yet that will be then. Anything we tell you now would be completely outdated two years from now.

Ft lauderdale hotels. The riverside is a good choice, as mentioned close to many things and for the most part walkable. 17 Ave is closer to the port with numerous stores restaurant , bars shopping. I would limit my search to one of those areas if you will not have a car rental. the bus system in Ft lauderdale is easy to navigate and quite good,

I would book something fully refundable as soon as the hotels open for booking, about a year or so out. Then keep checking for deals and new recommendations as the time draws near.

I often rebook my original reservation (either at same hotel or different one) as I uncover a deal/promotion. Quick and easy to do, at least here in US.

Wait...Are you talking about January, 2019?

If so, that's two years from now and there are hotels, bars and restaurants that aren't even built and opened yet that will be then. Anything we tell you now would be completely outdated two years from now.

We currently have four different hotels being built downtown Fort Lauderdale. I would wait a little closer to your time. I do love the Riverside Hotel.

We are from UK and have just returned from our cruise from FLL.

We stayed 2nts at hyatt regency pier 66 literally a 5 min drive from the cruise terminal and I can't praise that hotel enough...Fab location, views from the tower bedrooms were amazing and there was a restaurant called Pelican Landing on site that did the best fish tacos we have ever had.They also have a free shuttle to and from the beach....we will definitely stay again

We are from UK and have just returned from our cruise from FLL.

We stayed 2nts at hyatt regency pier 66 literally a 5 min drive from the cruise terminal and I can't praise that hotel enough...Fab location, views from the tower bedrooms were amazing and there was a restaurant called Pelican Landing on site that did the best fish tacos we have ever had.They also have a free shuttle to and from the beach....we will definitely stay again

The Pier 66 was recently sold so who knows what it will be two years from now.