Last Minute Brilliance Of the Seas Questions - Recent Cruisers

HI, Have a few quick questions for those who have sailed the Panama Canal Route this season, especially the 10 day. (We are on the 10 day sailing on Tuesday 1/2/07).

Which Nights were formal nights if you remember? How many formal nights were there?

WHat time was early seating? (6 or 6:30?)

When was lobster served?

How many stage/production shows?

What other kind of shows were done?

I was on the Brilliance 4 years ago when she was brand new, but figured some of the details had changed.

Hi,

We just sailed on Brilliance OTS, 10-nt Panama Canal, 12/1-12/11/06. Hope this information will answer your questions:

1) There were two formal nights--Day 2 and Day 8. I think I remember the lobster being served the 2nd formal night. I also remember it wasn't the best lobster I ever had on a cruise. Just my opinion, of course.

2) Early seating was 6 p.m. We had late, which was 8:30 p.m.

3) There were two big production shows. Both were good. One was Tango Buenos Aires, and the other was a salute to Broadway. Both were very enjoyable. The other shows included the typical cruise fare: jugglers, magicians, singers and musicians. etc. All very enjoyable. The big headliner was Marty Allen. We went to every show, every evening. BTW, during the first half of the cruise, the shows for late dinner seating was after dinner (around 10:45), and the second half of the cruise, the shows were pre-dinner. The shows for early seating was at 9:00 every night. The one exception was the night we were in Aruba--no show that night. Lots of people off the ship, as we didn't sail until 1 a.m.

If you are interested in reading my review of our cruise, you can log on to Cruisecritics Memer Reviews section, and my review is listed under my name, Karen Henelde. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post them.

Have a fantastic cruise!!!!

KeywestK,

We are going to be on the Brilliance on March 26th. Do you remember who the cruise director or concierge was? What other entertainment was there?

I probably should have read your review before sending this, but I willl go read it now.

I have never been on the Brilliance, but I heard that it is beautiful. I can't wait!

I am sceduled to be on the Feb 23rd 2007 cruise on Brilliance. Can you who have taken this 10 day cruise tell me what exactly happens in the canal. Does the ship go through the locks? I was under the assumption that it did. Do you go half way through and turn around? Please clear my thoughts on this topic.

Thanks

Luvcruzen.....The CD on our Brilliance 10-nt PC cruise last month was Bill Brunkhorst. He was fine--not dynamic and *in your face,* but more low-keyed. Personally, I like a very dynamic and funny CD. Bill was very visible on the ship and very approachable. He also came to our Meet & Mingle, which I thought was a nice touch.

Luvtotravel....On the 10-nt PC cruise, we went through the locks from the Caribbean side very early in the morning (5 or 5:30 a.m) You should be up on deck (we were on the bow of the ship, actually on the helipad) as early as you possibly can. You'll go through several sets of locks until you reach Gatun Lake, which is about halfway through the Canal. The ship will stay there for several hours. Only those passengers who purchase excursions through RCI are permitted to tender off the ship. Everyone else stays on the ship until it goes back out through the locks and docks at Cristobol Pier. That will be at approx. 3 p.m. Then you can get off the ship and walk around the pier and shop for souveniers.

Any more questions? Just ask. Have a fantastic cruise!

will be our CD for 4/16 Brilliance TA. Just got an email from one of the Aussie ladies on the cruise who is President of his fan club. She has groups of Aussie ladies that cruise with him on whatever ship he is working as he emails her where he will be.

They also want to know about the new bedding. She had read so many different stories here on CC. Drydock during our cruise, drydock in 2008, bedding to be changed during our cruise, and new beds will be ready for us to use first.

So does anyone know the truth......... even my TA can't get an answer.

We sail her April 16 TA, and hope for new beds. Who is CD? I was told he is Aussie but no name. The cruise will have loads of Aussies as they follow this guy. This will make for a great one!

will be our CD for 4/16 Brilliance TA. Just got an email from one of the Aussie ladies on the cruise who is President of his fan club. She has groups of Aussie ladies that cruise with him on whatever ship he is working as he emails her where he will be.

So does anyone know the truth......... even my TA can't get an answer.

Actually, you'd better verify your facts before you post. ;) Kieron is NOT Aussie and he won't be on the Brilliance. Back on the Radiance as of 3/25/07. He may have a group of Aussie ladies that cruise with him ... but he, in fact, is English. :)

~dianne

Actually' date=' you'd better verify your facts before you post. ;) Kieron is NOT Aussie and he won't be on the Brilliance. Back on the Radiance as of 3/25/07. He may have a group of Aussie ladies that cruise with him ... but he, in fact, is English. :) [/font']

~dianne

Thanks Dianne for the correct information. If anyone had Kieron's info regarding his schedule, I knew it would be you. I was hoping to see him again when we sail on Radiance in April. After spending 29 days with him, I thought he was English and not an Aussie.

as I asked on our Roll Call who the CD was. And the woman in drove answered. But I will not insult them by passing on your feelings.

Actually' date=' you'd better verify your facts before you post. ;) Kieron is NOT Aussie and he won't be on the Brilliance. Back on the Radiance as of 3/25/07. He may have a group of Aussie ladies that cruise with him ... but he, in fact, is English. :) [/font']

~dianne

Archived