Safes on Viling Long Ships

roberts2005

We just returned from sailing on Viking Embla, one of the longships, and I thought the safe was quite large. I had no trouble with putting an iPad, iPhone, camera, money belt, and even my purse that I used during the day.

There should be no problem.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

How large are the safes on the Viking Long Ships. Will they hold a lapyop?

Safe on Viking Fontane is/was OK but would not take a normal laptop.... however the ship's safebox might do..

Why not lock your laptop in your suitcase which is stored under your bed? Yes, not 100% secure but we felt totally secure with the staff who looked after our suite on Viking Fontane 6 to 14 October, Berlin to Prague.

If I'm not mistaken, the Fontane is not one of Vikings newer longships but a smaller ship, maybe that is a reason for the smaller in room safes.

The safe box on the Fontane is similar to one you would find in a room at the Hilton. It was adequate to store all our 'valuables' plus an iPad but would not take one of the larger laptops.

p.s. You are not mistaken, the two Elbe boats are smaller than the longboats. They have only 56 cabins so offer a 'cosy' environment.

Are the room safes on the new longboats able to take a laptop with 19 inch screen?

hendenne, I honestly don't know the dimensions of the safe in our cabin on the Embla so can't say if a 19" laptop would fit. Why don't you email Viking and ask for the size then you'll know for certain? Enjoy your trip.

Archived