Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Mexican Riviera

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Mexican Riviera Includes: Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Loreto, Manzanillo, Mazatlan, Pichilingue/La Paz, Puerto Vallarta, Topolobampo & Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico

Old January 17th, 2014, 03:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Spa services (basic massage) ON SHORE? PV, Maz, and Cabo

? Anyone know anything?
I'd rather save some money and get a massage locally than onboard where its so expensive. If anyone has any information I would deeply appreciate it and will help you with your questions about other things if I can....

Happy sailing!

Ad Sponsored By
Old January 17th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

In Cabo there is a great place in the harbor area. Wish I could remember the name, but I go there after my cantina crawl each visit.

If you go around the harbor, as if you are heading into town, you will see Captain Tony's, then Soloman's Landing, then Wamongo. Next to Wamongo you will find some people standing at a lecturn. They are the front people selling the massages. As of my last visit in December, the price was $20 for an hour long massage.

Tho I have never been, in PV there is a place called Venus Sunshine Spa. It is "supposedly" about 5 minutes by taxi from the dock. 75 minutes for $40. They offer Swedish, Hot Stone, Therapeutic, four hands, and couples massages. Again, I have never been, but have planned to.

By Maz, are you referring to Mazatlan? I didn't think any ships were going there. If you meant Manzanillo, then skip this part.

Last time in Mazatlan we went to a very nice place called Aroma Spa. I think the massages were $20 an hour. They also offered all the different kinds of massages, including couples and multiple hands (2 people working on you at the same time). Since being there, they have changed owners (was owned by an American) and the name to Athina Spa. They have a very nice website and you can check them out. Just type in the name as one word and add dot com.

So those are the places I have been to, or in the case of PV - heard about. Enjoy your massage(s). I know I do...

Bob

And here you thought you'd seen everything....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK9ktl-f7FA

Sept/1992 - Carnival Jubilee 7 day Puerto Vallarta........July/2002 - Carnival Ecstasy 4 day Ensenada........June/2004 - Carnival Conquest 7 day Western Caribbean........Feb/2005 - Carnival Spirit 8 day Acapulco........Dec/2006 - Carnival Paradise 4 day Ensenada........Feb/2007 - RCCL Monarch OT Sea 3 day Ensenada........ June/2007 - Carnival Glory 7 day Eastern Caribbean........Sept/2007 - Carnival Paradise 4 day Ensenada........Feb/2008 - Carnival Spirit 8 day Acapulco........June/2008 - Carnival Paradise 3 day Ensenada........July/2008 - Dawn Princess 10 day Alaska........Dec/2008 - Carnival Paradise 4 day Ensenada........Feb/2009 - Carnival Spirit 8 day Acapulco........Aug/2009 - Carnival Splendor 7 day Puerto Vallarta........Oct/2009 - Carnival Elation 4 day Ensenada........Feb/2011 - Carnival Paradise 3 day Ensenada........June/2011 - Carnival Legend 7 day Western Caribbean........Mar/2012 - Carnival Spirit 9 day Mexican Riviera........Aug/2012 - Carnival Splendor 7 day PV and Cabo........Oct/2012 - Carnival Inspiration 4 day Ensenada........Mar/2013 - Carnival Miracle 15 day Panama Canal........May/2013 - Carnival Inspiration 3 day Ensenada........Aug/2013 - Carnival Inspiration 3 day Ensenada........Oct/2013 - Carnival Miracle 4 day Catalina........Dec/2013 - Carnival Miracle 6 day PV and Cabo........Jan/2014 - Carnival Imagination 2 day. B2B with Feb/2014 - Carnival Imagination 4 day Catalina.........Mar/2014 - 4 day Catalina........April/2014 - Carnival Miracle 16 day Hawaii reposition (booked but not sailed).........June/2014 - Carnival Miracle 7 day Alaska (booked but not sailed).

If you're wondering why so many Mexico cruises... because I live in Las Vegas and do NOT fly.

Old January 17th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you so much Bob...I truly do appreciate all the info!!!! Really great and very detailed.

Yes, I did mean Mazatlan....NCL Star stops there.

I was there back in the 90's on a land vacation and loved it ....I really appreciate the time and effort you put into your post...I think I will probably do the massage in Cabo....those prices are jaw dropping! Thanks again!

You can also put people on this board on "ignore" if they annoy you. Simply go to your User CP - On the left menu, you will see "Edit your Ignore List". Click on that. Then, simply enter the person's user id name into the box, hit "okay" and voila! No more annoyance.

When I was younger, I used to wonder if strangers would like me. The older I get, the more I wonder if I will like them.

"Don't blame Beethoven for bad violinists". --My priest

Cruises Completed: But only the ones I can remember:
1992 - Song of Norway - RCI***1992 - Premiere Cruises - "Seabreeze" - It later sunk. Sad.***1995 - RCI - Nordic Empress***1995 - RCI - Majesty of the Seas***1996= s/s Norway - NCL***1997 -RCI - Viking Serenade***1997 RCI - Empress of the Seas***1998 - Carnival - Destiny***1998 Viking Serenade***1998 Monarch - RCI: ship ran aground and foundered. All souls saved.***1999 - Crystal Symphony***1999 - HAL - Westerdam***2000 - RCI - Vision of the Seas***2000 - Celebrity Century
2000 - s/s Norway - NCL***2000 - Seabreeze. Evacuated, and then she "sunk". All souls saved. ***2001 - Celebrity Millenium***2001 - Star Clipper - Royal Clipper and Star Flyer***2002 - Star Clipper - Star Flyer***2002 - s/s Norway - NCL***2002 or was it 03?? Anyways - RCI - Vision of the Seas***2003 - s/s Norway - NCL - onboard when the boiler exploded. Several souls lost to the sea. So sad!***2003 - Flying Cloud - Windjammer***2003 - Celebrity Constellation***2005 - Princess - Star Princess***2006 - Princess - Ocean Princess***2008 - Star Clipper -- Star Flyer***
Future Cruises:
3/16/14 - NCL Star - Mexican Riveria
9/2014 - Star Flyer - Star Clippers

Old January 17th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by artist47 View Post
? Anyone know anything?
I'd rather save some money and get a massage locally than onboard where its so expensive. If anyone has any information I would deeply appreciate it and will help you with your questions about other things if I can....

Happy sailing!
Agree with xbatt8 on Cabo, we just got one there last month, I believe it was $25. You will see a lady standing out on the walkway by the bars behind a little podium. Here is a map of the general area. Cabo Massage

As for PV, we didn't do one this year but last year there was a place right across from the main dock that Carnival uses. I have centered the map on the location of buildings. PV Massage I believe it was $30 in PV
Elation September 2007 Mexico - Baja
Oosterdam February 2008 Mexican Riviera
Star Princess May 2008 Alaska
Oosterdam October 2008 Mexican Riviera
Veendam October 2009 Mexican Riviera
Westerdam November 2011 Southern Caribbean
Splendor December 2012 Christmas Cruise Mexico
Oosterdam June 2013 Alaska
Future
Veendam December 2013 Mexican Riviera

Last edited by waASPCrusier; January 17th, 2014 at 12:33 PM.

Old January 17th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Thank you so much Bob...I truly do appreciate all the info!!!! Really great and very detailed.

Yes, I did mean Mazatlan....NCL Star stops there.

I was there back in the 90's on a land vacation and loved it ....I really appreciate the time and effort you put into your post...I think I will probably do the massage in Cabo....those prices are jaw dropping! Thanks again!
Mazatlan, we just went to Stone Island and didn't see anything there, but in the past we have seen signs downtown/hotel area for massages.
Future

Old January 17th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

You guys are so nice and very, very helpful!!! Thank you so much!!!

I am trying to figure out which port I want to do this in...I've never been to PV and so that's a quandary....also, because I am a painter, I want to paint at least one scene in each port...obviously, Lands' End Arch at Cabo is a beautiful scene....and I could do Stone Island, either actually on the island, or from shore/beach as a distance study....but ...I don't know....
I'm just really grateful for your answers. They will definitely help me in planning,a nd I have printed them out. (Don't worry -- I have not forwarded them to the White House. JUST KIDDING!!!!)

Thanks again both of you so much

You can also put people on this board on "ignore" if they annoy you. Simply go to your User CP - On the left menu, you will see "Edit your Ignore List". Click on that. Then, simply enter the person's user id name into the box, hit "okay" and voila! No more annoyance.

When I was younger, I used to wonder if strangers would like me. The older I get, the more I wonder if I will like them.

"Don't blame Beethoven for bad violinists". --My priest

Cruises Completed: But only the ones I can remember:
1992 - Song of Norway - RCI***1992 - Premiere Cruises - "Seabreeze" - It later sunk. Sad.***1995 - RCI - Nordic Empress***1995 - RCI - Majesty of the Seas***1996= s/s Norway - NCL***1997 -RCI - Viking Serenade***1997 RCI - Empress of the Seas***1998 - Carnival - Destiny***1998 Viking Serenade***1998 Monarch - RCI: ship ran aground and foundered. All souls saved.***1999 - Crystal Symphony***1999 - HAL - Westerdam***2000 - RCI - Vision of the Seas***2000 - Celebrity Century
2000 - s/s Norway - NCL***2000 - Seabreeze. Evacuated, and then she "sunk". All souls saved. ***2001 - Celebrity Millenium***2001 - Star Clipper - Royal Clipper and Star Flyer***2002 - Star Clipper - Star Flyer***2002 - s/s Norway - NCL***2002 or was it 03?? Anyways - RCI - Vision of the Seas***2003 - s/s Norway - NCL - onboard when the boiler exploded. Several souls lost to the sea. So sad!***2003 - Flying Cloud - Windjammer***2003 - Celebrity Constellation***2005 - Princess - Star Princess***2006 - Princess - Ocean Princess***2008 - Star Clipper -- Star Flyer***
Future Cruises:
3/16/14 - NCL Star - Mexican Riveria
9/2014 - Star Flyer - Star Clippers

Old January 17th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
You guys are so nice and very, very helpful!!! Thank you so much!!!

I am trying to figure out which port I want to do this in...I've never been to PV and so that's a quandary....also, because I am a painter, I want to paint at least one scene in each port...obviously, Lands' End Arch at Cabo is a beautiful scene....and I could do Stone Island, either actually on the island, or from shore/beach as a distance study....but ...I don't know....
I'm just really grateful for your answers. They will definitely help me in planning,a nd I have printed them out. (Don't worry -- I have not forwarded them to the White House. JUST KIDDING!!!!)

Thanks again both of you so much
Glad to help.

My suggestion would be a massage in cabo if I had to choose. IMO, PV has so many neat things to see, we always just grab a local bus right across from Walmart, and head downtown to walk around. In Mazatlan we walk to the water taxi for Stone Island and then enjoy the day at one of the many local places on the water. The couple of times we went to the hotel zone in Mazatlan we didn't really care for it. But to each their own.
Future