Suites on NCL Star

bjay3

Just have a question for anyone who has stayed in suite categories SG or SJ on deck 12 of the Star. We enjoyed the aft facing suites but they are not available for us this time. I notice the SG suite has a small balcony and the SJ seems to have no balcony. Has anyone stayed in either of these and, if so, what did you think?

We have stayed in the SJ and toured the SG. Did not miss the balcony AT ALL! Just walked up one flight to the fabulous deck 13 and had a blast.

LOVE the high ceilings and all the space. These bathtubs are better than the Penthouse Suite bathtubs!

Just have a question for anyone who has stayed in suite categories SG or SJ on deck 12 of the Star. We enjoyed the aft facing suites but they are not available for us this time. I notice the SG suite has a small balcony and the SJ seems to have no balcony. Has anyone stayed in either of these and, if so, what did you think?

We stayed in the SG I think it was 12012? We loved the decor the most of any suite so far, my husband spent a lot of time on the balcony, it was not that wide, but deep. I think there is a glass ceiling above part of it, if I am remembering correctly. We really did like it. The one thing that suite is missing is a dining table, so no breakfasts in the suite, we went to Cagney's instead.

We have stayed in the SJ and toured the SG. Did not miss the balcony AT ALL! Just walked up one flight to the fabulous deck 13 and had a blast.

LOVE the high ceilings and all the space. These bathtubs are better than the Penthouse Suite bathtubs!

I assume this one still included Breakfast & lunch at Cagneys and had the butler & concierge service?

Oh yes! And we did have a dining table where we enjoyed en suite dinner one night.

Okay, just one more question and I will thank you for your help and stop my silly questions.....was there an espresso machine in the cabin?

We have been looking at the SJ suites on the Star and the description says "Butler and concierge available". All the other descriptions read "Butler and concierge included". Would we have to do something to be able to get these services? Thanks.

We have been looking at the SJ suites on the Star and the description says "Butler and concierge available". All the other descriptions read "Butler and concierge included". Would we have to do something to be able to get these services? Thanks.

It's just how they phrase it. All that begin with an S, i.e. SE, SJ, SA etc all get butler and concierge. Remember they are not covered in the DSC and should be remembered at the end of the cruise.

Okay, just one more question and I will thank you for your help and stop my silly questions.....was there an espresso machine in the cabin?

Hey, not silly! I love being able to help. :D

Yes, we had the real deal, the Lavazza machine. Loved it! We made espresso and tea.

While valleyvillage has told everything needed, I need to chime in and confirm everything about the SJ suites. They are wonderful! We were in one on Star last year and will be in one on Dawn next year.

For our next year's cruise, the price was originally only $100pp more than the mini-suite (not a suite at all, no perks) for whole 12 days, the choice of SJ was a no-brainer. -- Well, ok, I wasn't going to book anything besides the SJ suite for this repo anyway. :D

Here are some pictures from an SJ suite on the Dawn (same design as the Star).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1536165

We love these rooms. Huge bathroom and in a great location on the ship. Quiet too.

bruce...

Thanks so much folks. Looks like I'm sold on the SJ suites. Really appreciated the pictures

Archived