You Know You are Cruise Geek When...

FRMPEI

I am such a cruise geek. Celebrity Summit will be making her first stop of the year in my hometown of Charlottetown PEI on Friday Sept 13. Can't wait... get off work and go down to Confederation landing and what her leave at 6:00PM. Picture opportunity may not be very good because Tropical Storm Gabrielle is on her way with heavy rain forecasted. If Rain is heavy will drive over to Victoria Park and watch Summit leave from there in our car.

My idea of a cruise geek is a person who checks the port webcams daily and knows all the statistics about the ships.

I'm with you on standing aboard or ashore and watching the big ships leave port. I wouldn't miss the chance if I was in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami of watching ships leaving those major ports and thinking about all the fun aboard.

-Marisa

When you wear a lanyard for your cabin card that is filled with pins, a vest with patches, a CC cap, a charm bracelet from Diamonds International that is filled with the charms, a Cariloha necklace and carrying a drink in a souvenir glass filling out forms to enter the raffles while standing in line at the Customer Relations Desk to ask if there are any free up grades available.

That is while on board. Here it is those that list every cruise that they have ever been on plus the countdown clocks. :D

:D

when you wear a lanyard for your cabin card that is filled with pins, a vest with patches, a cc cap, a charm bracelet from diamonds international that is filled with the charms, a cariloha necklace and carrying a drink in a souvenir glass filling out forms to enter the raffles while standing in line at the customer relations desk to ask if there are any free up grades available.

That is while on board. Here it is those that list every cruise that they have ever been on plus the countdown clocks. :d

:d

**Like**

I love watching the port everglades webcam in the winter because HAL's Westerdam usually has a captain that makes the ships horn toot up to a hundred plus times. It's awesome to hear! I actually rearranged plans at time to be able to catch that display (very geeky)

Can't help it, just love the ships!

I am such a cruise geek. Celebrity Summit will be making her first stop of the year in my hometown of Charlottetown PEI on Friday Sept 13. Can't wait... get off work and go down to Confederation landing and what her leave at 6:00PM. Picture opportunity may not be very good because Tropical Storm Gabrielle is on her way with heavy rain forecasted. If Rain is heavy will drive over to Victoria Park and watch Summit leave from there in our car.

I hope the weather won't be too bad, I have some cruising friends on that sailing. :eek:

You know you are a cruise geek when you have posted over 5000 messages here :)

I confess, on here almost 20 years probably have close to 60 or 70 thousand posts, most of which have been removed in various computer configurations, tried to stop but can't.

Also, to those who mentioned the FLL web cam, it is great to leave there because the people in the apartments on the left as you leave have parties with airhorns, etc. We actually knew someone in the apt. years ago and made up a bed sheet with her name on it. She got quite a kick out of it.

Funny thing is back in the 90s, there was a lot of discussion on this board about why Celebrity cruise ships leaving FLL were the only ones not to toot their horns.

Yes... I'm a cruise geek, in the fact that my CLOSET is organized by:

(1) Excursions

(2) Casual night

(3) Formal night

(4) Outer wear

(5) Shoes

(6) Jewelry

Every single purchase is prefaced by "can I wear this on a cruise?" If the answer is no, it usually won't see my closet! :eek::p:)

Yes... I'm a cruise geek, in the fact that my CLOSET is organized by:

(1) Excursions

(2) Casual night

(3) Formal night

(4) Outer wear

(5) Shoes

(6) Jewelry

Every single purchase is prefaced by "can I wear this on a cruise?" If the answer is no, it usually won't see my closet! :eek::p:)

OMG, there are two of us!!!

Hi Everyone,

I admit I'm a cruise geek... and I'm extremely proud of it !

I knew that I was hooked years ago, when I began thinking about Celebrity & Azamara, at all hours of the day and night - still do :). To me, helping others is not work, it's a passion. I also have a collection of Cruise memorabilia, focusing on Celebrity items.

While I consider myself fortunate to have sailed on many cruises over the years... You might think it's a bit less exciting.... but it's *never* that way. I look forward to each and every cruise, like a kid in a candy shop. I'm counting the days to our next Eclipse sailing in November.

You know you're a Celebrity Cruise Geek, when you know where every Solstice Class cabin's bed & couch is situated near the bed or the bathroom, by the cabin number, and rarely looking at a deck plan :)

Of course I am a cruise geek- otherwise I wouldn´t have noticed this Thread! LOL. You can also call one a cruise geek, who stops counting his birthday from the real year of his birth and starts counting when he first made his first cruise! Always a better number (nicer) anyway. So I am not 44- no I am just 30!!!! Of course!

Michael

Of course I am a cruise geek- otherwise I wouldn´t have noticed this Thread! LOL. You can also call one a cruise geek, who stops counting his birthday from the real year of his birth and starts counting when he first made his first cruise! Always a better number (nicer) anyway. So I am not 44- no I am just 30!!!! Of course!

Michael

Love how you have figured that out, my husband and I are now both 31. I'm going to start posting that instead of 70 and 73.:D

I can beat that. I took a three-day trip to London [100 miles away] to see Azamara Journey sail up the Thames and then left the hotel at 4:00am to be in place to watch her leave again two days later.

Sue

Archived