Celebrity bus to Bayonne from Ct

Lorian

Anyone ever use the bus that Celebrity provides for the Zenith? We're in Ct. and wonder if it's a pain-too many stops or too crowded?How long does it take? Thanks in advanced for any help or advice.

I don't think Celebrity will start sailing from Bayonne until 2005. (we'll know for sure if they ever publish the schedule for next summer)This year Zenith is still sailing from New York

We used the Celebrity bus (Academy Bus Lines) from Providence

on May 22, 2004 and return a week later. We had to make one

stop in New Haven. However, I think other cruise lines use the

same bus line and if there are other ships in New York at the time

I wondered if they would make more stops. The service was great.

Put your bags on the bus in Providence and next time you saw

them was in front of your cabin door on the Zenith. Coming back

you had to take your bags thru customs. Buses are right outside

the cruise terminal. I don't know how it will work when Celebrity

goes to Bayonne, but can't really see a change, except for longer

trip on the bus. Good luck.

Lorian where are you in CT? I live in Stamford.

Does Celebrity really have a bus from CT to NY For the Zenith and how much is it if they do? It's one hour exactly by car from my house to the NY Port. I'm mad they are moving to NJ because now if we want to cruise we'll have to drive over that wonderful (not) GW Bridge.

We have taken it 3 times from Hartford to the NYC terminal. It's the greatest thing since sliced bread!!!!! Once we made one stop in New Haven, once, one stop in Danbury, once one stop (I don't remember where) As they operate the bus from several cities, I think the exact route may very weekly depending on demand from which cities, and then they determine their routing. There was no additional charge to the cruise fare, either. You oversee them loading your bags onto the bus and that's it. When you arrive at the terminal, the bus lets you off right in front of the elevator/escalator, you take it up to check-in , and board. You see your bags next in, or infront of, your cabin!!! On return, you have to claim them and go through customs, but the buses are quite close and the porter will bring them right to your bus.

Ask your TA what cities are included in the bus offer. Even if you have to have someone drive you up to let's say, Bridgeport, I'd rather drive a half hr in the opposite direction than have to drive to NY and pay $25 a day to park in NY, (that's a lot of umbrella drinks by the pool) not to mention having to deal with all of your luggage on your own. Also, I think the bus reservation has to be made at least 14 days prior to the departure date. The driver had a list of the passengers.

Cruisinchick, Hi we're in Trumbull- I had a brain freeze when I said Bayonne, it is NY but I'm glad to hear so many good comments about the bus.The price is $65 pp and I'm glad to hear that includes not lugging your luggage off the bus and onto the ship. One more question- does anyone know if it's best to use Priceline for a Florida hotel only 1 or 2 months before or do they give the same deals 6 months before? I've just tried them for a pre-cruise stay in Feb 05 and keep getting denied even tho I've bid more than what people have written they have paid. Again thanks everyone.

February for FLL is prime time. If you can get a price now that you think is decent, take it. We usually do a Caribbean cruise end of Jan/early Feb and usually book a hotel by early Sept at the latest. You shouldn't have a problem getting something in the $65-80 range. When we go, we usually only do 1 or 2 nights pre-cruise, so it doesn't have to have a lot of resort amenities. We usually look for airport pick-up, pier shuttle, continental breakfast and a pool. THere are a lot that fit this criteria, even not on priceline.

Archived