Thanks!!

TX Trucker 71

I'm new here. I've been reading many threads over the past few weeks. Found this site, on accident, actually. I'm very happy I found it, as it has been very informative.

I am planning on surprising my fiancee' with a cruise. It will be a first for both of us. I did not know how much thought & decision goes into this. I'm very excited & looking forward to the whole process.

Our first cruise will most likely be to the Western Caribbean, out of Galveston, in the Fall of 2012.

Just wanted to say Hi & thanks, ahead of time, for any & all advice, tips, etc...

• 4 years later...

Update:

My how time flies!

Back in 2011, we got busy planning a wedding. So, needless to say, we didn't get a chance to go on a cruise. Had the wedding in 2012, then worked on getting a local job for me. Finally, last year, I was able to find the perfect one for me - hauling fuel in DFW. Love this job!

About 2 months ago, I returned here and started reading, planning, devising, creating, and yes,..... booking! So now, the wife and I, will be going on a 2nd honeymoon to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Montego Bay on the Carnival Freedom, out of Galveston. We're slightly stoked, as neither of us have cruised before. As a matter of fact, she has never been out of the country.

So far, I've had a chance to read a few awesome reviews by Jamman54 and gapearl. Felt like I was there with them on their whole vacation! They made us even more excited about our cruise. Thanks again to both of them!

Now to wait, and wait, and wait. :cool:

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear you are going on your first cruise. Our first cruise was in 2007 out of Galveston on the Carnival Conquest. I'm excited for you! You will have an awesome experience!

I hope you will post an update all about your first cruise when you return. Happy cruising! It's a wonderful way to see the world!

Edited by JimAOk1945

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear you are going on your first cruise. Our first cruise was in 2007 out of Galveston on the Carnival Conquest. I'm excited for you! You will have an awesome experience!

I hope you will post an update all about your first cruise when you return. Happy cruising! It's a wonderful way to see the world!

Thank you! We're definitely looking forward to it, although, I'm nervous about catching the bug. :eek:

Thanks for coming back and letting us know what has happened.

You will have a wonderful cruise.

My pleasure!

How's the weather in Greenville? My folks live in Columbia. Lots of flooding. My brother and his family are stuck in Myrtle Beach.

Hello fellow Texan! Cruising out of Galveston is so convenient, and a cruise for a honeymoon will be awesome...you two will have nothing to worry about and can just enjoy! We're heading out next June for our 2nd cruise on RCCL, first on Liberty of the Seas. Can't wait...and happy planning!

Hello fellow Texan! Cruising out of Galveston is so convenient, and a cruise for a honeymoon will be awesome...you two will have nothing to worry about and can just enjoy! We're heading out next June for our 2nd cruise on RCCL, first on Liberty of the Seas. Can't wait...and happy planning!

Hello and thanks! I'm thinking we might get hooked on cruising. LOL! It sounds very enjoyable!

Hello and thanks! I'm thinking we might get hooked on cruising. LOL! It sounds very enjoyable!

It is! Our first cruise, like the post above, was on the Carnival Conquest from Galveston, except we started in 2008. We've done 18 since then and number 19, 20 and 21 (3 weeks in a row) will be on Carnival Freedom starting Nov 28.

Maybe we'll see you. Be sure to join the Roll Call thread for your ship and sailing date. Next Nov/Dec we'll be on the Breeze out of Galveston.

It is! Our first cruise, like the post above, was on the Carnival Conquest from Galveston, except we started in 2008. We've done 18 since then and number 19, 20 and 21 (3 weeks in a row) will be on Carnival Freedom starting Nov 28.

Maybe we'll see you. Be sure to join the Roll Call thread for your ship and sailing date. Next Nov/Dec we'll be on the Breeze out of Galveston.

3 weeks in a row? Now that really sounds like fun! Have fun!

I'll be sure to join the roll call, thanks!

3 weeks in a row? Now that really sounds like fun! Have fun!

I'll be sure to join the roll call, thanks!

Welcome to CC!

Assuming you are driving down from Dallas, I'd suggest you drive down the day before to avoid that miserable Houston traffic!

Check the Ports of Call board for surest ions on what to do in those ports.

Have fun!

Welcome to CC!

Assuming you are driving down from Dallas, I'd suggest you drive down the day before to avoid that miserable Houston traffic!

Check the Ports of Call board for surest ions on what to do in those ports.

Have fun!

Thank you!

We're definitely driving down the day before. Not of fan of that Houston traffic.