Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

MrsWaldo... I absolutely adore Australia! I would move there in a blink! We've been twice and my favourite place is Adelaide. I deal with the heat much better than I do with the cold. Seems to be getting more difficult as I age. Enjoy your lovely weather! :)

Hi all. Nice sunshine today but chilly nonetheless. Took the convertible out as its dry, and I wanted to run it when o can, before the snow flies. I have to blow out our sprinkler system soon - hopefully Saturday, when it's supposed to be warm. Then we should be ready for winter.

Had to take our old cat to the vet yesterday as she stopped eating suddenly and looked miserable. This cat is a tiny thing who has weighed less than 6# all her life but eats everything in sight so a missed meal is a really odd thing. She has no reserves and is pushing 19, so no taking chances.

She had a UTI so with antibiotics and some SQ fluids she was much better. Today she spent the morning bugging the heck out of me for extra food, and when I tried to eat a tuna sandwich for lunch she almost attacked me! Glad she's feeling better! Hope it lasts. We have some time away coming up next month so we want her better for that.

[quote name='Mark_K']Happy Thanksgiving to all from somewhere north of the Dominican Republic. [/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Georgia"] YES, it is [I][B]"Turkey Day"[/B][/I] in the USA. Happy Thanksgivings Day greetings to all. Appreciate the update and picture from your sailing in the Caribbean. We are in the Charlottesville, Virginia, area now. Beautiful, historic area that was home to three of our country's early and most-famous Presidents.

Enjoying [B]wonderfully sunny, 60'sF weather[/B] for the next couple of days here with our two grandsons and family. Lots to be thankful for in our lives, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, [B]Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle[/B] cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at [B]189,367 views[/B].
[B][url]www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923[/url][/B]

[quote name='spinnaker2']Happy thanksgiving day! [B]We too have much to be grateful for![/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Georgia"] YES!! [B]Much to appreciate in our blessed lives.[/B] Don't forget, once settled and caught up from your trans-Atlantic trip to give us a summary, key tips/ideas, etc. Love to hear more thoughts, secrets and insights.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from [B]Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik[/B]. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at [B]206,885 views[/B] for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:
[B][url]www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474[/url][/B]

Canada chiming in with a Happy Thanksgiving! It seems the stores and shops here have decided that the concept of Black Friday should be part of our culture now. This is odd because Black Friday doesn't really mean anything here. Our Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday in October. Be that as it may, we will have Black Friday sales.

On a different note, I watched "Adele Live in London" last night. I love her! I did have a wee bit of a problem understanding some of the things she said during the interview portions. My ears struggled a bit with her accent. I know people will say that she doesn't have an accent and that I do. :) She was a joy!

Well.....as I've been feeling better I started trimming up yesterday....DD thinks I've gone mad but it's been many years since I've
got into the spirit so early...my electrician came in to fix some outdoor lights and that got me in the mood....there are only five of us in our little lane, all retired, so l thought a bit of Christmas sparkle would cheer us all up..[emoji4]

Off to a charity ladies luncheon tomorrow so no doubt more festive stuff will be coming home with me!

New electric hob was fitted yesterday and boy am l a happy bunny now...cooking from scratch again beckons.......

Sophia [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote name='mysty']Canada chiming in with a Happy Thanksgiving! It seems the stores and shops here have decided that the concept of Black Friday should be part of our culture now. This is odd because Black Friday doesn't really mean anything here. Our Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday in October. Be that as it may, we will have Black Friday sales.

On a different note, I watched "Adele Live in London" last night. I love her! I did have a wee bit of a problem understanding some of the things she said during the interview portions. My ears struggled a bit with her accent. I know people will say that she doesn't have an accent and that I do. :) She was a joy![/QUOTE]

Mysty......Black Friday to us here always referred to Friday 13th....we have picked up this manic mega sale day from our american cousins...so our stores tomorrow will be hectic.....[emoji15]
Adele is good isn't she....it's the Welsh accent which can be difficult to understand.......[emoji4]

Sophia.....Happy to hear that your electric hob is now in place. I have never cooked with gas so I did understand your preference for electric. Trimming up sounds like a brilliant idea! I have not decorated for years either. With just Myster and me here at Christmas (and he doesn't much care for decorations), I have not been motivated.

I got Adele's new album "25" on the IPod for our big adventure. :)

Enjoy your day all!

From the London/UK Telegraph newspaper earlier this month, they have this headline: "New Zealand ahead in battle to be the world's best country" with these highlights: "More than 20,000 have already voted in Telegraph Travel's annual awards - but which country do you think is the greatest on Earth? There are 14 categories in all, each voted for by readers, but perhaps the most prestigious is the award for the world's best country."

Need ideas for future location to visit to fill our your "wish list"? What other "stars" are missing from this listing?

South Africa is, so far, running in third place behind New Zealand and Maldives. Also in the top ten, in order after South Africa are: Namibia, Japan, Australia, Burma, Tanzania, Botswana and Mauritius. In their poll for the best city in the world, Cape Town has been the top winner for the past three years among their readers.

Agree from our early 2014 experiences with both New Zealand and Australia to be in the Top Ten. Looking forward to checking out both South Africa and Botswana in two months.

Full story at:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/australiaandpacific/newzealand/12000386/New-Zealand-ahead-in-battle-to-be-the-worlds-best-country.html

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 32,734 views for these postings.

Morning Coolies ... and apologies Soppy.

A pretty busy week rather prevented dipping in much .. the highlight of which has been our new broadband. We're in a very small village and we campaigned to have fast broadband and engineers spent several months here and the little green box finnaly appeared at the bottom of our road. So now it is currently moved from around 6 mbps download and 0.3mbps upload to 80/20 respectively. Instant Netflix and Amazon Prime and Now TV streaming (Sky) ... and it means when our travels start again streaming from our home slingboxes and security camera systems etc at HD quality. Who would have thought.

Jeff

Afternoon All......

Great news Jeff getting your internet sorted....I'm on infinity here..whatever that means....but it's quick and it works so I'm happy!

Charity lunch was excellent yesterday...met up with some old friends which was very enjoyable and more funds raised for cancer research. The organiser has to date raised over £114k through her hard work and deserves to be supported.

The ex 'Royal Butler' Paul Burrell was displaying his wares...l bought a couple of table centre pieces for DD!

Trimmings are finished and it's all looking very festive for when the Hampshire family arrive for Christmas...I'm sure l will be doing more tweaking between now and then!! [emoji6]

Weather here is cold and damp with the forecast looking pretty bleak.....glad to be cuddling up with pup....!!

Happy Weekend

Sophia [emoji4]

Morning Fellow Coolers! The snow forecast for overnight did not materialize (or if it did it melted on contact). It is another grey day but dry so far.

Welcome back J! Enjoy your rocket speed internet!

Sophia...Glad you enjoyed your charity lunch. Since your first mention of trimmings I look around here and I miss them. Next year maybe....

Have a great day all!

Well, I have already made a start for our Christmas food shopping which will not have anything remotely Christmas about it. As I have all my stuff delivered because it is perfect and also great value and fresh and untouched .. and we also must prebook our Chrissy slots ... our lunches will be an antidote to all the stuff we see on TV.

These last few weeks have been interesting if you are bored and think of such things. It seems to me that the genuine "world power" appears to be Mr Putin whilst the previous world power owner seems to be in a deep rather self-satisfied slumbering semi-comotose state and gently fossilising into a contented pre-retirement afternoon nap. I say this because Mr Putin has no one to answer to and has resources and unbridled power. And the previous almost-leader appears to be distracted on lesser things as he has always seemed to be. I remember that early middle-Easter speech. Not a dry eye anywhere in the world. And then everything stopped. Putin it seems is in fact like it or not the current world leader. IMHO. Who would have thought. :(

It is against that background, perhaps under the influence of some medication and Torres that I pondered as I do the unintended consequence of disperate and unblieivable but sometimes inevitable converging trends that leads to a world with The Trump as POTUS and our beloved and wise Jeremy Corbyn as our First Lord of The Treasury and Occupier of Number 10. If you are bored, that is worth dwelling on and be interesting. I guess the first thing would be to annex Scotland to be Alta Scotia the 51st golfing state. And other things.

Loads of the same food as normal this week .... below was our midweek rendang ( but I forgot my bananas) and todays crispy duck which we had with Boxed Wine and some Chinese ribs.

Jeff

D8100766-4437-4881-B011-C4D3AE21EEF5.jpg

D9BE8E9E-AA2D-4B29-A46B-A263BF93A70F.jpg