bringing coke onboard NCL Spirit

kmsheart

I have just gotten an email back on the bar set up and I asked the question can I bring tonic and Coke products onboard the reply back was NO you can not bring any food or drink onboard ...

We are cruising on the NCL Spirit and the last cruise we did NCL Sky only served Pepsi products ... we are not a Pepsi family ... so I am needing a answer can we bring coke onboard or not... mixed reviews on the threads ... some older ones say they serve Coke products and I know that is not true...

any help would be appreciated

I have just gotten an email back on the bar set up and I asked the question can I bring tonic and Coke products onboard the reply back was NO you can not bring any food or drink onboard ...

We are cruising on the NCL Spirit and the last cruise we did NCL Sky only served Pepsi products ... we are not a Pepsi family ... so I am needing a answer can we bring coke onboard or not... mixed reviews on the threads ... some older ones say they serve Coke products and I know that is not true...

I have brought coke on every NCL cruise I have taken with no problem.

BG

This is customer service's stock answer and one example of the disconnect between the shore office and the ships. Yes, you can bring soda, water, tonic water onboard. Many tape it all together and put a luggage tag on it, most bring it on in a carry-on. (Yes, NCL now serves Pepsi products fleet-wide.)

thanks everyone for your help I was getting a bit frustrated while searching the boards ... Since we live close to the port I will just pack a suitcase with coke, diet coke and tonic... I am new to this cruising but we had such a great time on our last one.. I really can not think of a vacation any other way

The customer service people have been lying to people and telling them that they can't bring water or soda on board for years.

It is just another gimmick to make money. Tell people that they can't bring it on board so that they won't and they will buy the over priced stuff on NCL instead.

People have taken a case of soda or water on board before and many people even "restock" in the ports. So just ignore NCL Customer DISService....as most people should.

Actually, it may not be the cust service people at all.

I think it is their policy, but they do not enforce it. But, I am sure if enough people complain, they will begin to enforce it soon enough.

But, as said on these boards over and over, nobody has ever been told they could not bring soda or water aboard once they were at the ship.

we carry it on...no prob, also i bring pre-packaged snacks and things too and never had a problem--

ENJOY your first cruise:)...the SPIRIT is an unique and lovely ship with its Asian decor!!

Hey, Jan - can i give you my snack and bottled water order for you to bring on the cruise? LOL. :)

As long as we are talking about soda, then you will be fine. If you mean the other coke, then you will skip past the naughty room and probably spend the rest of the cruise in the brig.

On my first cruise (Majesty of the Seas, '03) some 17 year old kid was busted trying to bring pot on the ship from Nassau. Don't know exactly what happened, but I remember it being pretty bad.

As long as we are talking about soda, then you will be fine. If you mean the other coke, then you will skip past the naughty room and probably spend the rest of the cruise in the brig.

On my first cruise (Majesty of the Seas, '03) some 17 year old kid was busted trying to bring pot on the ship from Nassau. Don't know exactly what happened, but I remember it being pretty bad.

ROFL ... I think I will pass on the other coke I want to enjoy my cruise ... I bet that 17 year old learned a great life lesson .... I would kill one of my kids before they could carry them to the naughty room ...:eek:

ROFL ... I think I will pass on the other coke I want to enjoy my cruise ... I bet that 17 year old learned a great life lesson .... I would kill one of my kids before they could carry them to the naughty room ...:eek:

I think there is another room for people who kill their kids. ;0)

dang but if they were that bad it would be much trouble .... thank goodness no kids for this cruise ..... rofl

I tend to go when kids are in school. We usually cruise in April or May except for this year where we set sail in Sept. Land trips are in October.

I really have never seen or heard too many kids on any of my cruises, which is very nice. Not that it would matter much since none of them would belong to me so I can always just walk away. lol

I would love to go on a NO KIDS cruise but doubt they have such a cruise.

I got it, NO SMOKING AND NO KIDS CRUISE. :D

Standard response and I can not figure out why. No one can. Our granddaughter will be cruising with us in Feb. She only drinks Dr Pepper..do not worry about bringing your coke. Of course things can always change, but right now there will be no problems. the same is true about food. Lots of people bring snacks on board or special food for their picky kids. WHy anyone would want to bring their own food blows my mind, but it is up to them.

Nita

Standard response and I can not figure out why. No one can.

Nita

Oh Nita... you know why NCL tells everyone no soda. They don't want people to bring their own... they want them to buy their overpriced stuff or a soda card onboard.

Btw... I have an awful time saying "soda"... in Ohio, we call it "pop."

We were on the Spirit on 8/6-8/16. I had no problem bringing my Diet Coke with me. Room stewards put ice in the ice bucket each time they came in and I just cooled what I needed. I did get the soda card but it was a bit of a hassle as it always has to be filled at a bar or by waitstaff who do not make it their first priority.

Oh Nita... you know why NCL tells everyone no soda. They don't want people to bring their own... they want them to buy their overpriced stuff or a soda card onboard.

here in the south most folks say coke and that goes for everything ... however in New Orleans they say cold drink which again can stand for anything ...lol I have family that lived in New Jersey and they say pop as a kid I always thought that was strange but they always thought Iwas strange for asking for a coke ...lol funny funny

I am packing coke, diet coke, water and tonic water in one suitcase ... if they want to hold on to it then I suppose they can ...otherwise we will be happy people =)

kmsheart, Just don't let my DS see that you are bringing on Coke! He may just mug you for the sodas!;) He can't drink Pepsi (makes him burp!) so he misses having Coke easily available.

Michigan uses "pop" also. It took me half a year to learn to call it "soda" in CA. When I first moved here some friends gave me lessons, Pop vs Soda, Highway vs Freeway etc. I love how we still have different dialects in the US.

Oh, of course you are right, I think I should have said, it makes mo sense when most of us know you can.

Nita

kmsheart, Just don't let my DS see that you are bringing on Coke! He may just mug you for the sodas!;) He can't drink Pepsi (makes him burp!) so he misses having Coke easily available.

Michigan uses "pop" also. It took me half a year to learn to call it "soda" in CA. When I first moved here some friends gave me lessons, Pop vs Soda, Highway vs Freeway etc. I love how we still have different dialects in the US.

OK, folks--when we all go to breakfast, what will it be?

Pancakes?

Flapjacks?

Fritters?

Hoecakes?

Griddlecakes?

:D

Here's the lingusitic map:

Pop-vs-Soda-US-Map.gif

That's an interesting map. I grew up in East Los Angeles, and a "soda" was what you might call an ice cream soda, with ice cream and soda water. Everyone I knew called it pop, no matter what this map says.

Archived