where to purchase soda,bottles of water

DebbyM249

Can anyone recommend a place to purchase soda and water to take

on the cruise. We will be boarding the Magic 9/24 and found that we are allowed to take 12 cans each as carryon. I assume there will be a

fridge in the room so why do people bring soft side coolers with them

for their rooms?

Are you staying in Barcelona before the cruise? If so, look for a small grocery store near your hotel. As an aside, I really don't understand the logic. You've paid thousands for your cruise and are going to schlep cans in your carryon to save $20?

Are you staying in Barcelona before the cruise? If so, look for a small grocery store near your hotel. As an aside, I really don't understand the logic. You've paid thousands for your cruise and are going to schlep cans in your carryon to save $20?

For some folks, it's a personal taste thing. On RCI some people do not like Coke products, which are sold onboard, and bring their own. It's not the money thing, it's the variety.

There are some shops in port terminal; they probably sell Coke. I remember seeing bottled water there. Shops in airport also sell it but it's pricey there.

This website suggests that there are several options in the terminals - some more than others, depending on the port where your cruise ship is located.

https://www.barcelonatourguides.com/eng/barcelonaport.htm

I thought it would be convenient to have some products in our room as we relax or to grab fast while we are on the go. Its not the money, its the convenience. We are not coffee drinkers.

We were on the Magic in July. Just so that you know, the fridge in the room comes stocked with soda and the price is the same as at any of the bars on the ship.

If you are staying on La Rambla, there is a supermercado - a Carrefour I think - across La Rambla from the Hotel Continental. If not directly across the paseo, a few buildings down from it. While not on a cruise out/in Barcelona, I did stay there and bought some bottled water there.

We've been on numerous cruises and always on the first day ask the cabin steward to please empty the minibar because we will not be consuming any of the items in it. Then we can put our water bottles and sometimes sodas (we've never had any confiscated when bringing them on from a port) in the fridge. The cabin stewards have always complied and they restock the minibar on the last night of the cruise or after we leave. We've never been charged for any of the items.

Archived