Holiday Cruise Review August 28th

LilSouthernGurl21

Me, my mother and my best friend and my mothers best friend left for New Orleans August the 27th, and stayed at the Holiday Inn Convention Center, which was a wonderful hotel. It was like a block from were the ship was docked. The hotel was a great price $93.00 plus, it had cruise parking which was $12.00 a day, divided by 4 and you can't beat that for the quality of the hotel.

August 28th

This is the day we left for the cruise. We were taken to the port by a shuttle bus, which didn't take but like a min. We arrived and our bags were taken on the ship, that went really smooth. We walked inside and waited in line for like 3 minutes and got our sail and sign cards and all our documents checked, that took about 2 minutes. Then we boared the ship, we didn't wait in line are anything, was on the ship in less than 10 minutes total, after arriving. Luggage arrived 1 hour after being on the ship!!

First day at Sea

The first day at sea was great, we checked out the ship, ate breakfast, which was a very nice selection, we did the activites for the day. We met alot of people. The Shows were so wonderful, and entertaning. Dinner the first night was great, our head waiter, pedro, he was very nice, talked to us about everything. The assisent to him, we got even closer to he was a wonderful boy from indonesia, named Nyoman. We became great friends from that night on.

Playa del Carmen

We got up about 9:00 and took a taxi which was $12.00 to 5th avenue and shoped, we got great deals, we shoped for ever! Then we went to a beach near by and relaxed, about 4:30 we returned to the ship. Playa del Carmen is a very nice place, but I would do a exsursion nexted time because it might be less boring, but all in all in was a nice place.

Cozumel

Oh by far the best place!! Paradise Beach was amazing. We loved it. We got to paradise beach by taxi $6.00 there $6.00 back. We arrived there around 10:00 and snorkeled a while, I have never been snorkling before but we saw alot of bright yellow, red and, blue fish there out by the bouys. Then we relaxed on the beach mats, we had lunch there which was great, and just relaxed till time to go. We were the only cruise ship in dock that day at cozumel so the beach wasn't full at all, which made the day even more relaxing. I didn't get to meet Tom, dont think he was there, but the guys i did meet where great.

Last day at Sea

The last day at sea we prepared for what was coming up the nexted day and then layed out for about 2 hours. We ate dinner and told nyoman and pedro goodbye, which was sad. They gave us there address in the country to send pictures we all took together and to keep in touch, then after dinner we enjoyed the talent show. It was great. Then we went to bed.

Going Home

Getting off the ship was the same as going on , customs was no problem and took about 30 mins to get off. We were off by 8:00 that morning.

Extra

Our room steward was great, hes name was roy and he was very nice, the towel animals were very cute.

The ship rocked alittle but it wasn't uncomfortable. And helped me sleep at night!

The crew was amazing on this ship, also I thought the ship looked great for its age.

I will sail the Holiday out of Mobile nexted year, for my 2nd cruise, CAN'T WAIT!!

~Amber~

So glad you had a good cruise and certainly appreciate you taking the time to post your review.

Sailing Suzie, We'll be on the same cruise!!!!!!!! We have 5 going. DH, DS, BIL, SIL and me! Glad to see a post from someone else going with us.

Oh, I think I saw where Cotton's son will be on this cruise as well.

Thanks again Lilsoutherngurl

Ginny

carlos and charleys in cozumel was right off the boat as you go out of the tax free place were you buy liquor and things, not far at all.

The cruise directors name i cant really remember ill have to watch my video tape, he was very good though, and very funny, i believe he was from england. He was a great cruise director!

~Amber~

Ginny ~ He WAS booked on the 11/8 cruise, but had to change it to 12/20. (He's working on his master's, and the prof said he'd miss a big test and get a zero. My son told him about having a cruise booked, and he prof said something un-nice like 'tough shoot'......!)

Amber ~ Y'all must have docked at the 'downtown' pier? The Holiday usually docks at the Puerta Maya Pier, where you can walk right into Fat Tuesdays, but I've not aware of a C&C at that pier. I'm confused.

Hey sorry about confusing you~:) It might had been fat tuesdays I was so excited to be in cozumel that I asumed it was carlos and charleys, whatever it was, was right after you got out of the tax free place : )

I see you are from Mississippi. I go to gulfport alot, my aunt lives there. (I live in Tupelo) , When is the port in Mobile going to start cruising? I think that would be closer to us, are maybe the same not sure.

Sorry to hear that your son had to change his sail date. Hey, you should have just changed his name to your name and come along with us! That would have been great!!!! I sure wish him luck on his degree and sounds like he'll really be ready for a break after that class. Obviously the professor doesn't know cruising like we do.

Ginny

Amber, thx dear, now I'm UNconfused. That is Fat Tuesday's right after you walk out of the a/c mall bldg, to your left. C&C's is downtown. I know you had fun, whatever!:D Oh, and the Holiday starts cruising out of Mobile on October 16.

Ginny, since I'll be on the Sensation on 11/1, it'd be a little difficult to justify going on the Holiday on 11/8......but don't I wish???:rolleyes: (My son is 34, this will be his second master's, and he's so determined...Stooooopid professor!):p

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like you had a great time. Husband & I were scheduled last week out of New Orleans & canceled due to Ivan. Have rescheduled for same cruise except out of mobile for 10-21-04. Am really looking forward to it. I would like to know more about Paradise Beach we are thinking of going there. Thanks.

We are on the same cruise. Oct. 21 out of Mobile. I am getting excited to try Carnival. I have always wanted to go on a Carnival cruise but my kids ,who usually go with us, are stuck on little details like rock climbing walls and Johnny Rockets. Anyway no kids this time just mom and dad. We are celebrating our 19 year anniversary so hubby sprung for a suite. We are going to the Saints -Vikings football game and then on to cruise. We had orginally planned to lay on Pensacola Beach for 4 days for a much needed rest BUT that was not to be. I am so much more excited about the cruise I can't wait.

Patty

Go Vikings

Juilieb,

Am curious about your Conquest Cancellation due to Ivan and the Carnival bad weather policy?? We sailed her Labor Day week and Ivan followed us home. We had a wonderful week with no bad weather...a little rain one or 2 days, but basically a beautiful, smooth trip. But Ivan hit Jamaica 2 days after we were there and Cayman when we docked in New Orleans. It was so sad to look at the pics and watch Jamaica on TV--see the devastation and know we had just walked those streets. We say our prayers for those folks and count our blessings everyday. Anyway, we wondered about Carnival's cancellation policy due to bad weather. Were you offered the trip out of Mobile in place of your Conquest trip? We would definitely rather postpone a trip and sail later than find ourselves in stormy seas. We live in Montgomery and plan to sail the Holiday out of Mobile at some point in '05. Cotton, you make it sound like such a wonderful ship. But I'm sure you all agree, there is no such think as a bad ship or a bad cruise! Happy Cruising Fellow Sailors!

Loved hearing about your cruise. First time for me and family. Are there movie theaters or other things for families on Holiday? Kids are ages 12 and 16. Also planning on going to Xel-ha in Playa, not sure what we'll do in Cozemel. Maybe just lay on Beach.

Hi.. I just got back from the HOliday also... Had a blast.. I have a post about my experiance on here somewhere, titled "Just Back from Holiday"

• 1 month later...

I am Canadian from Alberta. I took the Carnival "Holiday" cruisehip out of New Orleans to Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel on October 4-9, 2004. I had a blast and met so many southerners. Was a ton of fun. Cozumel was absolutely beautiful. Playa Del Carmen was great for shopping. WE had 12 hours in Playa and 7 in Cozumel. Email me if you need any more information.

I am looking for anyone who was on this cruise. I am looking for some information and to share pictures etc... We were in Tropical Storm Matthew for the last two days of this cruise. I am not sure if the cruisers knew this, that is why the boat was so rocky. Didn't matter though, the drinks seemed to help offset the balance problem :) Write me at chiquierides@shaw.ca or post a reply, would be nice to chat with some fellow cruisers of the same cruise. Thanks you. :D

Archived