Prescription anti-nausea meds

2gals1cruise4fun

I was recently given prescriptions for two very strong anti-nausea meds, Zofran and one the name of which I can't remember.

Anyway, my question is does anyone use these for the symptoms that come with motion sickness?

I've noticed as I'm getting older my motions sickness on rides, etc., is getting worse so I'm a little worried about this cruise, esp. considering all the bad weather swirling around.

Thanks much!!

Denise

Hi Zofran belongs to a group of drugs which are specific 5HT3 antagonists they block receptors in the G I tract. As motion sickness is caused by ear eye brain problems they are not useful for motion sickness. The Phamaceutical society state 5HT3 antagonists are ineffective for motion sickness.

As you are taking prescribed medications you should check with your G P what he / she recommends to prevent any adverse drug interactions.

To prevent the motion sickness - use the scopalamine patch, works very well for me, many others use bonine and like that to.

I used the Zofran when I had motion sickness 2 years ago, Zofran is just a nausea medication, therefore it doesn't matter if you have motion sickness nausea, post surgery nausea, or chemo induced nausea, it will still work for you. I took 1 zofran, then put the patch on, no problems for the rest of the cruise.

ativan works better on nausea than zofran sometimes- don't have to swollow it- melts under your tongue- it is a standard nausea med for a lot of chemo patients

i think the only way zofran would help with motion sickness is if you actually started vomitting-

i have heard from several people that the patch really helps-

Archived