Igassu Falls

bocaraton

To get here, you need to fly in from Buenos Aires. We went just before we boarded our ship the Celebrity Infinity. Let me tell you it was worth every cent of the extra money. We used Chris of Wander Tours...He picked us up in Buenos Aires, kept our baggage overnight. The next am we went to airport and flew to Igassu. short flight so had most of day...lots of walking but an incredible sight..will always remember this. We did not use tour from boat. Stayed overnight on points in Sheraton in least expensive room...ideal for two day...DO IT...you will not regret it.

No comparison at all. Vast miles of falls. Never to be missed if possible. look on you tube. went on maid of mist in Niagara...nothing compared to this...fun but not like this...if you can please go...skip something else . u will not be sorry..Eleanor Rooselvet saw it and said: Poor Niagara...make sure you are physically able to handl lots of paths boulders and walking.

Agree that Iguassu Falls is much bigger and more dramatic than NF. We had limited time and did it in one day flying in and out from Buenos Aires & had a guide pick us up, guide us through the park and drive us back to the airport. Well worth it and can be done on your own at a substantially lower cost than through the cruise line.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there dabear.

I was very interested in your one day trip to Igassu Falls from Buenos Aires. I am on a time constraint due to my flight from Australia before my cruise. Would you be agreeable to telling me which tour company you used? Many thanks

Hi there dabear

I was very interested in your one day trip to Igassu Falls from Buenos Aires. I am on a time constraint due to my flight from Australia before my cruise. Would you be agreeable to telling me what tour company you used. Many thanks

I agree with the others.... Iguazu Falls should not be missed! They are truly one of the 7 natural wonders of the world. We just got back from our cruise with 2 night add-on to the falls.... highly recommend.

We used ... http://www.discoveriguazufalls.com/iguazu_falls_vacation_packages.htm

My only negative comment is that there were a group of us and he put us with a bunch more people in a big bus. We did not want that. Be very clear with Diego about what you want. Otherwise, he was great with getting back to you very quickly with emails.

Hi there dabear

I was very interested in your one day trip to Igassu Falls from Buenos Aires. I am on a time constraint due to my flight from Australia before my cruise. Would you be agreeable to telling me what tour company you used. Many thanks

It's really not necessary to have an organized tour to Iguazu Falls.

You need airline reservations which you can do online. (LAN is probably more reliable than Aerolineas Argentina.)

You need hotel reservations which you can do yourself online. The Sheraton can't be beat for convenience, although it is pricy.

Take a taxi from the airport at Puerto Iguazu to the hotel. As you enter the national park, you will pay your admission fee. The driver will then take you to the Sheraton.

All very easy.

It's really not necessary to have an organized tour to Iguazu Falls.

You need airline reservations which you can do online. (LAN is probably more reliable than Aerolineas Argentina.)

You need hotel reservations which you can do yourself online. The Sheraton can't be beat for convenience, although it is pricy.

Take a taxi from the airport at Puerto Iguazu to the hotel. As you enter the national park, you will pay your admission fee. The driver will then take you to the Sheraton.

All very easy.

I don't disagree.... the falls are very easy to do yourself.

It was the transfers/airlines moving from port to domestic airport and then back to international airport that made our trip much easier using a guide. If you decide to check out Diego, he is really good about responding to emails. He has a base in both Uruguay and Connecticut, USA. Just make sure you tell him exactly what you want. (EcoUruguay@aol.com)

Make sure you have Argentina money. We were warned many times about not using a credit card in Argentina. You'll get a better rate than the banks give, and for security reasons. Most places were happy to take USD.

btw... we stayed at the Orquideas Palace Hotel. Not a palace by any standard (LOL). A typical jungle hotel. Although across the road was a good pizza place. And much more affordable than the Sheraton.

No matter how you get to the falls, you won't be disappointed once there.

Edited by PrincessLucy