Who To Fly from LHR to CPH??

kitty9

I'm flying to London from ORD and then I need to find a flight to Copenhagen from there. Does VA fly from LHR to CPH? I couldn't get the website to work to find this out. And, would that flight leave out of LHR or LGW? I don't want to have to transfer to Gatwick.

Thanks for the help.

Kitty, I am not aware of any carrier that flys directly to Copenhagen from Gatwick. Actually we've tried to do that in the past but there were no options.

I do know that BA has several flights to Copenhagen each day and I believe that SAS has several as well.

The last time I flew from the United States to Copenhagen I flew to Zurich on American Airlines and then from Zurich to Copenhagen on SAS. I found it a much easier flight than going through London but am not sure if that is an option for you out of Chicago.

Keith

Kitty, I am not aware of any carrier that flys directly to Copenhagen from Gatwick. Actually we've tried to do that in the past but there were no options.

I do know that BA has several flights to Copenhagen each day and I believe that SAS has several as well.

The last time I flew from the United States to Copenhagen I flew to Zurich on American Airlines and then from Zurich to Copenhagen on SAS. I found it a much easier flight than going through London but am not sure if that is an option for you out of Chicago.

Keith

There is a low cost carrier, Sterling that goes LGW -> CPH

Air Berlin (a great low cost carrier) goes STN -> CPH

Not that answers the original question, but LHT took care of that. :)

Paul

SAS, BA, British midland, all fly from LHR
Actually, bmi does not fly to CPH from London. However, you can book the SAS flights through the bmi website (and elsewhere) because bmi places its code on all SAS flights on this route.

A warning about Air Berlin: It does not fly non-stop to Copenhagen. I can't work out whether it is a direct flight or whether it's actually a connection, but IMHO this is not really a reasonable option.

But easyJet flies from Stansted to Copenhagen.

In addition, Air Berlin only flies about once a day, whereas both easyJet and Sterling fly about three times a day.

In addition, one disadvantage of Stansted (for Air Berlin and easyJet) is that it's less easy to get to from central London.

If the OP is staying in London, the flight from London City airport is definitely worth looking at. Even if it costs a little bit more, you can save some of that money from not having to go so far to the airport. Plus, LCY is a wonderful little airport which is pretty stress- and hassle-free.

But if the OP is only connecting in London, then it is definitely not worth the hassle to go to LCY just to connect. Instead, make sure you stay at LHR.

Actually, bmi does not fly to CPH from London. However, you can book the SAS flights through the bmi website (and elsewhere) because bmi places its code on all SAS flights on this route.

Meaning you can book with BMI but you will be on a flight not operated by them...as is the case with many airline carriers these days. :rolleyes:

Lyn

I'm going on a cruise that departs from Copenhagen and unfortunately none of the direct flights from my US departure city would get me to CPH in time, and because a family member has decided to get married right before my cruise, I cannot go a day or two early, so I have to fly overnight and get to the ship on the day of departure. So, right now, it looks like I'll be on VA from ORD to LHR and then a transfer to BA to CPH. Boy, that rather short flight on BA isn't cheap.

Boy, that rather short flight on BA isn't cheap.
What date?

One hint: Try looking on http://www.aa.com for the same flight. You will need to go to the advanced search options, and change one of them to "All Carriers". It still won't show you all carriers, but it will then show you British Airways flights. It is sometimes possible to get stonkingly cheap fares for BA flights booking them like this, even if the BA website itself is quoting much more expensive fares (for very complicated technical reasons). Worth a try.

Not sure if this would work, but there is an evening flight from SEA on SAS that goes non-stop to CPH. Arrives at 1:15pm. Same arrival time for the flight from ORD. Not quite sure why you are connecting through the UK when there are non-stops into CPH.

Archived