Anthem Barefoot Beach Cabanas

Has anyone recently booked a Labadee Barefoot Beach Cabana for Anthem of the Seas. I have been told that they are only booked online, not by the concierge. I had been trying online for 4 months and they always said not available online. If you booked one, how did you do it. Were they available at the shore excursion desk? Thank you

Barefoot Beach cabanas are reserved for suite guests as that is their private beach. In our experience the Concierge reached out to us about a week ahead of our sailing date to see if we would want one and we reserved them at that time. It is my understanding that they contact you in order of the level of suite you have in terms of choices available. You can also reserve available Cabanas on board through the Concierge - we have done that as well.

It is the Nellie's Beach cabanas that are booked on line in advance. They can also be reserved on board if available.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I contacted the concierge several times and have been told that they no longer book the cabanas as of January. They must be booked through the cruise planner. This was confirmed again today by the new concierge. I checked nearly daily Since november and never saw them available to book. I wondered if any recent Anthem guest had any luck booking them onboard

We are sailing on the Harmony next week and just got a msg from the concierge with a solicitation to book a cabana in Labadee. don't know why the Allure would do it differently. We also booked thru concierge when we were on the Allure but that was several years back.

I contacted the concierge several times and have been told that they no longer book the cabanas as of January. They must be booked through the cruise planner. This was confirmed again today by the new concierge. I checked nearly daily Since november and never saw them available to book. I wondered if any recent Anthem guest had any luck booking them onboard

When is your sailing date? Are you communicating with the Concierge on board Anthem? We have typically not had communications with the Concierge on board regarding our sailing date until just a week or so prior when we would hear from them by email, as they are busy with their current passengers. Again in our experience, they usually don't start planning with regards to Barefoot cabanas until that week or so ahead of a given itinerary and in the past have always done that from on board on our behalf. This just sounds unusual.

We sail on Thursday. I received the welcome letter from the concierge on Saturday night. There was no mention of cabanas. I wrote back and asked again. He replied quickly saying they no longer book barefoot beach cabanas, they are booked online through the planner. I have never seen them available there, and I have checked nearly everyday since December. Although they are listed, all say they must be booked onboard.

In March, I found out (the hard way), that cabanas have to be reserved on-line for Anthem (at least for CoCo Cay). I believe Allure (for Labadee) is still through the Concierge (for suites GS and higher). I'll find that out in the coming months I guess.

In March, I found out (the hard way), that cabanas have to be reserved on-line for Anthem (at least for CoCo Cay). I believe Allure (for Labadee) is still through the Concierge (for suites GS and higher). I'll find that out in the coming months I guess.

I guess its only Anthem that the concierge no longer books,and that includes Labadee. The planner still says they must be booked through the concierge or guest service manager. I suppose our only shot now is to go the guest services and be put on the waiting list when we board. I suppose I should start watching the planner now for my Nov 2018 Harmony cruise just in case they change also.

From what my Genie told me, Anthem was "different" that way (again, for CoCo Cay at least) in that you had to do it yourself. For me, as I said, it was a disappointment as I didn't know that; however, it worked out since we didn't stop there due to the sea/weather conditions. But, I know it for next year at least if I want to try for one then. Good luck!

I guess its only Anthem that the concierge no longer books,and that includes Labadee. The planner still says they must be booked through the concierge or guest service manager. I suppose our only shot now is to go the guest services and be put on the waiting list when we board. I suppose I should start watching the planner now for my Nov 2018 Harmony cruise just in case they change also.

If you are in a GS or higher there likely will be Barefoot cabanas available on board. Talk with the Concierge on boarding day to see what they can do to help. It also seems unusual that the Guest Services manager would be able to assist, however. I would think that other than the Concierge it would be the Shore Excursions desk that would assist. This does certainly seem like a departure from the normal procedure - good luck!

• 7 months later...