Sprite Zero on Liberty of the Seas ??

CruzieSue

Does anyone know if any of the bars on Liberty have Sprite Zero? Thanks.

Yes, I've seen Sprite Zero available in cans. However, since Liberty does not have Freestyle machines, Sprite Zero will not be covered by any beverage package.

Yes, I've seen Sprite Zero available in cans. However, since Liberty does not have Freestyle machines, Sprite Zero will not be covered by any beverage package.

Wait. Why do they sell the soda package if they don't cover beverages outside of the Freestyle machines? I bought a beverage plan to cover my Dr. Pepper addiction but by what you said, the drink plan will not cover it and it is worthless to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wait. Why do they sell the soda package if they don't cover beverages outside of the Freestyle machines? I bought a beverage plan to cover my Dr. Pepper addiction but by what you said, the drink plan will not cover it and it is worthless to me?

If you are on a ship without a freestyle machine, the only sodas included are the fountain sodas - there are 6? Flavors I think...Coke, Diet Coke, root beer, Sprite, Ginger Ale (at bars atleast), and maybe one or two more that I can't remember...no Dr Pepper that I know of..

No RC beverage package covers cans of soda, so in your case it's probably best to try to bring on cans of soda that you prefer.

No RC beverage package covers cans of soda, so in your case it's probably best to try to bring on cans of soda that you prefer.

You might get lucky in the MDR though. I had the soda package on Adventure and the first night I asked for a Diet Sprite. It was given to me every night and it came out of a can. What a fantastic cruise, ship and crew. :D

Cindy

Unless this is a new rule, this was not the case on our last 2 cruises with our teenage son. We bought the soda package for him and he was able to go to ANY bar on the ship and ask for Dr. Pepper (pool bar, sky bar, any bar on the ship). He did not have to present the souvenir tumbler that comes with the package either - just asked for the soda he wanted and showed his card. Very few times was he given a "fountain" soda but was given cans. Same for hubby and myself just wanting a soda - we were given cans and had to ask for a glass with ice to go with it if we wanted it. (We did not have beverage packages for ourselves and, yes, the sodas were charged to card that was presented). If you do ask for Dr. Pepper at a bar and they say they don't have it, go to another bar and ask. That bar just may have run out at the moment.

Edited by CruzieSue

Unless this is a new rule, this was not the case on our last 2 cruises with our teenage son. We bought the soda package for him and he was able to go to ANY bar on the ship and ask for Dr. Pepper (pool bar, sky bar, any bar on the ship). He did not have to present the souvenir tumbler that comes with the package either - just asked for the soda he wanted and showed his card. Very few times was he given a "fountain" soda but was given cans. Same for hubby and myself just wanting a soda - we were given cans and had to ask for a glass with ice to go with it if we wanted it. (We did not have beverage packages for ourselves and, yes, the sodas were charged to card that was presented). If you do ask for Dr. Pepper at a bar and they say they don't have it, go to another bar and ask. That bar just may have run out at the moment.

As with anything on RC, inconsistency is the norm. The rule is no cans with soda package, so I think it's important to set expectations properly. If you get can get cans as part of a package, more power to you, but that does not happen all the time.

As with anything on RC, inconsistency is the norm. The rule is no cans with soda package, so I think it's important to set expectations properly. If you get can get cans as part of a package, more power to you, but that does not happen all the time.

So true. And it likely differs from ship to ship or bar to bar depending on the bartender. ;p If I couldn't live without my soda or drink of choice for one week, I guess I would try to bring some onboard. Not a big deal for us either way, so we never have.

Is there a way we can find out before hand per ship? I already bought the package but if I cannot get Dr. Pepper it's not worth it at all for me. From what I gathered from reading, you cannot bring your own soda onboard and that Dr. Pepper was included out of Galveston ships. Is there a certain dept. from RCI that I should contact to find out so I know if what I purchased covers my cruise for my needs or not?

The soda package is very specific to "fountain drinks" and freestyle machines. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/new-beverage-flyer-general.pdf

FWIW my husband drinks Sprite Zero and vodka and it always seems like they have to run and find cans and then stash some at whatever bar we frequent. I get the impression they don't carry a lot on board.

Is there a way we can find out before hand per ship? I already bought the package but if I cannot get Dr. Pepper it's not worth it at all for me. From what I gathered from reading, you cannot bring your own soda onboard and that Dr. Pepper was included out of Galveston ships. Is there a certain dept. from RCI that I should contact to find out so I know if what I purchased covers my cruise for my needs or not?

There's really no one you can contact at RC who can give you reliable info on what will happen on your particular sailing.

If the total reason for buying the package is for Dr. Pepper, I'd cancel the package and dring on a case of the soda.

There's really no one you can contact at RC who can give you reliable info on what will happen on your particular sailing.

If the total reason for buying the package is for Dr. Pepper, I'd cancel the package and dring on a case of the soda.

Isn't it against the rules to bring anything other than 2 bottles of wine per cabin? I haven't seen anywhere that you are allowed to bring on soda. Where do you find this? I am getting all sorts of conflicting information. The threads from people actually going on Liberty out of Galveston don't have problems getting Dr. Pepper and yet this thread is saying you can't. I got a deal on the package so I don't want to cancel before, I will see how it goes on the ship and cancel it if it's not up to standards. It's really not worth it for me if they don't have it because that is what I drink. If they do have it though, I am gonna kick myself if I cancel my deal and have to pay 3x that on board.

Thanks.

Isn't it against the rules to bring anything other than 2 bottles of wine per cabin? I haven't seen anywhere that you are allowed to bring on soda. Where do you find this? I am getting all sorts of conflicting information. The threads from people actually going on Liberty out of Galveston don't have problems getting Dr. Pepper and yet this thread is saying you can't. I got a deal on the package so I don't want to cancel before, I will see how it goes on the ship and cancel it if it's not up to standards. It's really not worth it for me if they don't have it because that is what I drink. If they do have it though, I am gonna kick myself if I cancel my deal and have to pay 3x that on board.

Thanks.

You are correct, it is against the rules to bring on anything other that the two bottles of wine per stateroom. However, they rarely enforce that rule in the case of water and soda. They are much more likely to enforce it around spring break time.

Try the ports of call board for Gulf Departures and ask if Dr. Pepper, Sprite Zero, or any other soda preference has been available on Liberty. I have Texas friends who I believe have depended on LB to have Dr. Pepper. And I have seen many people carrying cases of water and sodas on board LB in Galveston. Been out of there many times.

Thanks.

The soda package has been the same price on board as it has been purchased through the cruise planner ahead of time for the last few years at least.

This is exactly why RCI should provide a list of ships that do, and do not, have freestyle machines. People have a right to know what they are purchasing when they buy a package. The types of soda that are available with the package on ships without the machine is very limited as only fountain soda is covered and not the cans. Though RCI does make that point pretty clear about cans not being covered in its description of the beverage packages.

This is exactly why RCI should provide a list of ships that do, and do not, have freestyle machines. People have a right to know what they are purchasing when they buy a package. The types of soda that are available with the package on ships without the machine is very limited as only fountain soda is covered and not the cans. Though RCI does make that point pretty clear about cans not being covered in its description of the beverage packages.

The one ship I was on with Freestyle Machines (Jewel) it was always out of any sodas I wanted to drink. If you like orange it was always available.

• 2 months later...

Since I spoke in this thread earlier and just got off my cruise on the Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston: YES! You can get Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper at every bar and restaurant. It comes from a gun and is included in the drink package. Sometimes it's a bit flat but it is Dr Pepper. Just an FYI. I had no problem drinking it all week with the drink package. Also specialty coffees from the cafe still come in Starbucks cups and are included in the drink packages that include coffees. :) hope this helps people in planning!

I leave out of Galveston when I cruise. I have always seen lots of water and Dr. Pepper cases with luggage tags. If it doesn't make it, what have you lost! We decided to try it on our cruise in August. If it never shows up then I will not mind. At least I tried!

We've gotten Dr. Pepper (from bottles/cans at the bars) with no extra charge on Navigator and Liberty out of Galveston the last two years. Seems the "official" policy is a lot stricter than the "practical" policy enforced on board. :)

Packing a 6 pack or two of your favorite MIGHT not be a problem. You might have to go to the naughty room and claim it. Worst case, they make you throw it out.