LIVE! First time on the Allure of the Seas - May 7, 2017 Eastern Caribbean

Welcome to LIVE from the Allure of the Seas!

I am excited to finally try an Oasis Class ship - I need to see exactly what I've been missing and decide for myself if bigger really IS better?! ;)

As many of you already know, I really enjoy reporting live from the ship. I try and respond to every question, and hope to bring a little bit of the Caribbean to you wherever you are. I'm a little nuts in the sense that I update a lot, so be sure to check this thread often! I won't be posting the Cruise Compass (unless someone asks a very specific question), and I won't be posting the MDR menus as we have pre-purchased the 3 night dining package, and will probably add a 4th specialty restaurant once onboard. I did register for My Time Dining, so it is possible we may visit the MDR once or twice during the week.

I post primarily from my iPhone 6, and upload pictures often in "real time". I will be bringing my Samsung tablet along as well. I like the picture quality on my iPhone, and I just dumped 3645 pictures on to my PC, so I have a lot of space to fill with pictures of just about everything :cool:

We are booked in a Superior Ocean View balcony on deck 11 (I already know the bed is near the closet, thanks to our amazing expert Clarea!). I guess this is a good time to mention who I am cruising with! Accompanying me on this trip are my DH, and my 20 year old DD who has just completed her 3rd year of university :)

We are flying from Toronto to Fort Lauderdale tomorrow on Air Canada, and expect to arrive at our pre-cruise hotel at about 6PM. I sailed on the Freedom in February and stayed at the Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, it is a great hotel that has been renovated from top to bottom and that's where we are staying this time as well. I got a super deal with breakfast included, and because I am a Gold Elite rewards member, they have upgraded us to the Concierge Level. We have reserved a car that we will pick up, and then return to the airport on Sunday morning. The Marriott North is about a $45 cab ride from the airport and then $45 again to the port, so we were able to rent a mid size SUV for $109 total and it just made perfect sense. My DH and DD have never been to Fort Lauderdale, so we will definitely head down to the Las Olas beach area, and do a little sight seeing on Saturday.

My suitcase is half packed, and I just printed out our boarding passes. Time to grab a bite of dinner and finish all the last minute preparations before we leave for the airport tomorrow.

I can't wait to start this vacation and bring you all along with me! :D

My husband and I will be on the Allure for the first time in October, so I will be following your report. I am excited to read all about what you think of the ship as I have really put off cruising on these huge ships!

Can I ask how much you paid for your 3 night dinning package? We are debating which package to get. Online I am only seeing the 7 night one.

Thank you and enjoy your cruise!

My husband and I will be on the Allure for the first time in October, so I will be following your report. I am excited to read all about what you think of the ship as I have really put off cruising on these huge ships!

Can I ask how much you paid for your 3 night dinning package? We are debating which package to get. Online I am only seeing the 7 night one.

Thank you and enjoy your cruise!

Hi there :) We paid in Canadian dollars, and it was $110 per person, which would be about $89USD. Our exchange rate is horrible!! :(

They are now offering the "Ultimate Dining Package" for our sailing which became available a few days ago. For $228 CDN, we can enjoy dinner every night in a specialty restaurant as well as lunch on sea days. You may want to wait closer to your cruise before deciding? I will definitely be posting pictures of our dinners at Chops, Giovanni's, 150 Central Park and Izumi Hibachi - let me know if you have any questions and I will try and find you the answer :)

Anxiously awaiting your review, we will be on Oasis for the first time in a couple of weeks, I'll be asking lots of questions! We are also on Deck 11, Superior balcony. If you don't mind asking, what room#?

Larysa

Anxiously awaiting your review, we will be on Oasis for the first time in a couple of weeks, I'll be asking lots of questions! We are also on Deck 11, Superior balcony. If you don't mind asking, what room#?

Larysa

Sure, I don't mind you asking - we are in 11268 :D

Hi there :) We paid in Canadian dollars, and it was $110 per person, which would be about $89USD. Our exchange rate is horrible!! :(

They are now offering the "Ultimate Dining Package" for our sailing which became available a few days ago. For $228 CDN, we can enjoy dinner every night in a specialty restaurant as well as lunch on sea days. You may want to wait closer to your cruise before deciding? I will definitely be posting pictures of our dinners at Chops, Giovanni's, 150 Central Park and Izumi Hibachi - let me know if you have any questions and I will try and find you the answer :)

Thank you for answering!!! I think we will go with the Ultimate Package since the price is only &168USD. It also gives us free lunches on the sea days.

I won't be posting the Cruise Compass (unless someone asks a very specific question), and I won't be posting the MDR menus

I am excited to be doing this same Eastern itinerary on Allure on May 28th.

In browsing the compasses, I would appreciate it if you can let me know what days/nights and times are for Quest, Love & Marriage, and any other of the other shows that do not require reservations. Also the MDR menu name (Mojo, Saffron, etc.) and any Windjammer theme nights as listed in each day's compass. Thank you.

And, most important of all, have a GREAT cruise!!! :D

~ Judy

I am excited to be doing this same Eastern itinerary on Allure on May 28th.

In browsing the compasses, I would appreciate it if you can let me know what days/nights and times are for Quest, Love & Marriage, and any other of the other shows that do not require reservations. Also the MDR menu name (Mojo, Saffron, etc.) and any Windjammer theme nights as listed in each day's compass. Thank you.

And, most important of all, have a GREAT cruise!!! :D

~ Judy

Hi Judy, I will definitely let you know when those events are happening because I'm planning on being there! More than likely we will be having dinner in the WJ at some point, so I'm happy to snap a few pics and let you know what the theme is. I'm hoping for a stir fry station [emoji3]

Thanks for your good wishes, and for following along!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love your reviews. Enjoy your first Oasis class. Will be great to see how you find it compares. We were on Allure last April and absolutely loved it.

Thank you! I love posting Live [emoji106]

I'm curious how it compares as well.. I'm really trying to keep an open mind and just enjoy a cruise that's different than what I'm used to...

Okay, so here is my current situation.... suitcase still open...

I am thankful that we don't have a flight at zero dark thirty. I'm too old for the middle of the night wake up call [emoji44]5ade2f17e6650e5d000556338019e3a7.jpg

Okay, so here is my current situation.... suitcase still open...

I am thankful that we don't have a flight at zero dark thirty. I'm too old for the middle of the night wake up call [emoji44]5ade2f17e6650e5d000556338019e3a7.jpg

Oooh I had that tshirt and it just recently got a hole in it. Hoping to replace it in 2 wks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I may be running a live report of my own on Radiance but I always have time to follow along on your reports. :D We loved our two Oasis class cruises. Hope you do too.

Aaaaw thanks! I'm coming over to say hi in your thread! I've been following another famous cruiser on another site as she sails from Australia to Alaska [emoji6]

Enjoy your cruise!!!

It's the Adventure Queen! Hello fellow Torontonian! :D

I think you will have a great time on the Allure. I went on there in 2012 and it's still a memorable sailing for me, although Voyager class is still my favourite.

Looking forward to seeing all the pictures!

PS How do you have a 20 YO DD?? I'm impressed!

It's the Adventure Queen! Hello fellow Torontonian! :D

I think you will have a great time on the Allure. I went on there in 2012 and it's still a memorable sailing for me, although Voyager class is still my favourite.

Looking forward to seeing all the pictures!

PS How do you have a 20 YO DD?? I'm impressed!

I had her when I was 16?? LOL, kidding...... but thanks for the compliment, I'll take it :halo:

I just saw your countdown and I am on the Adventure 2 weeks before you on our annual Girls Cruise!

Batten down the hatches in Toronto, we are expecting apocalyptic rain over the next few days apparently! :o

Welcome to LIVE from the Allure of the Seas!

I am excited to finally try an Oasis Class ship - I need to see exactly what I've been missing and decide for myself if bigger really IS better?! ;)

As many of you already know, I really enjoy reporting live from the ship. I try and respond to every question, and hope to bring a little bit of the Caribbean to you wherever you are. I'm a little nuts in the sense that I update a lot, so be sure to check this thread often! I won't be posting the Cruise Compass (unless someone asks a very specific question), and I won't be posting the MDR menus as we have pre-purchased the 3 night dining package, and will probably add a 4th specialty restaurant once onboard. I did register for My Time Dining, so it is possible we may visit the MDR once or twice during the week.

I post primarily from my iPhone 6, and upload pictures often in "real time". I will be bringing my Samsung tablet along as well. I like the picture quality on my iPhone, and I just dumped 3645 pictures on to my PC, so I have a lot of space to fill with pictures of just about everything :cool:

We are booked in a Superior Ocean View balcony on deck 11 (I already know the bed is near the closet, thanks to our amazing expert Clarea!). I guess this is a good time to mention who I am cruising with! Accompanying me on this trip are my DH, and my 20 year old DD who has just completed her 3rd year of university :)

We are flying from Toronto to Fort Lauderdale tomorrow on Air Canada, and expect to arrive at our pre-cruise hotel at about 6PM. I sailed on the Freedom in February and stayed at the Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, it is a great hotel that has been renovated from top to bottom and that's where we are staying this time as well. I got a super deal with breakfast included, and because I am a Gold Elite rewards member, they have upgraded us to the Concierge Level. We have reserved a car that we will pick up, and then return to the airport on Sunday morning. The Marriott North is about a $45 cab ride from the airport and then $45 again to the port, so we were able to rent a mid size SUV for $109 total and it just made perfect sense. My DH and DD have never been to Fort Lauderdale, so we will definitely head down to the Las Olas beach area, and do a little sight seeing on Saturday.

My suitcase is half packed, and I just printed out our boarding passes. Time to grab a bite of dinner and finish all the last minute preparations before we leave for the airport tomorrow.

I can't wait to start this vacation and bring you all along with me! :D

Looking forward to it .

I haven't been on Allure since 2015 but I'm on your same sailing. I'm packing right now too as my DW and I prepare to fly from Las Vegas tomorrow for our cruise. We have so much to do. Good luck and happy reporting LIVE from the Allure.