LIVE Oasis of the Seas May 21 Aqua Theater Suite Review (follow the drink package)

Hi Everyone!

A few weeks ago I asked for suggestions about the best way to do a live review. Very few people answered, so what you see is what you get! :-) I did get some really good feedback and will certainly do my best to incorporate it . First, before I begin, it is important to set expectations and requests,

• First and foremost, this is a family vacation and I am going to work REALLY hard on enjoying myself.. I'll post often and will do my best to answer questions, but will not sacrifice my relaxation to go find out the price of a white chocolate mocha at Starbucks.
  • We do not plan on eating in the MDR, so if I am able to get pictures of the menu it will be because we order room service.
  • Please try to limit quote responses on posts with lots of pictures; this becomes cumbersome for everyone in terms of scrolling and keeping up.
  • Yes, we are traveling in an AquaTheater Suite and have Star Class amenities. I am looking forward to providing feedback from this experience, and if you want to express that you'd rather cruise in 10 inside cabins than in 1 ATS, please just keep those comments in your head.

Okay, so the background.

I am traveling with my DD (65) my brother, (28) and his wife (28). I'm Katie, and I'm 33. My brother has two friends joining us and their names are Matt and Wayne. I am sure they will show up in some pictures. This will be our third year in a row in an ATS on the Oasis. The past two years we were on the Starboard side, 8th floor and this year we will be on the Port side, 8th floor. Last year we had Israel as our Genie and we requested him again this year and our wish was granted! The biggest request we had was to get on over-water cabana on Barefoot Beach. We were lucky enough to have this confirmed, and will be in W5. Other than that, we consider ourselves to be low-maintenance cruisers. We will eat in the specialty restaurants but will not require show reservations or any other quirky requests of Israel.

I live in Colorado and booked a room at the Westin at the Denver Airport as my flight is at 6:10am tomorrow morning. As I write this I am sitting in the lobby bar, which is vibrant and active at 10:00. I land at 11:45am, and will wait for my DD to land an hour later. we've rented a car to get us to the Radisson Resort at the Port (https://www.radisson.com/cape-canaveral-hotel-fl-32920/flcocoa).

Goodnight from Denver!

Looking forward to your live thread. We will be with you, YAY! Look for the guy with a beard and wearing Anaheim Ducks apparel. And with a drink in hand. We are leaving Saturday Morning from So Cal into Orlando to Cocoa Beach by night fall. Have Fun on your Saturday.

Mike

imagejpeg

Looking forward to your live thread. We will be with you, YAY! Look for the guy with a beard and wearing Anaheim Ducks apparel. And with a drink in hand. We are leaving Saturday Morning from So Cal into Orlando to Cocoa Beach by night fall. Have Fun on your Saturday.

Mike

imagejpeg

Awesome!! Hopefully we will run into each other!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fun! We are also in an ATS on this cruise and staying at the Radisson. Maybe we will run into y'all. This is a family vacation for us too complete with my parents and brother. If you see a really tall group of people around, be sure to say hi!

Fun! We are also in an ATS on this cruise and staying at the Radisson. Maybe we will run into y'all. This is a family vacation for us too complete with my parents and brother. If you see a really tall group of people around, be sure to say hi!

Wow! What a coincidence! Be sure to wave! We'll be the unruly ones on the ATS balcony!

Following. I look forward to your week in the ATS. We've sailed Oasis several times (again next month) but never in an ATS. May need to consider for one of the future cruises. Enjoy your cruise!

When or how did you request Israel? We had him last year in a SLS and would love to have him next year when we are in an ATS! Have a great trip!

Hi there!

When we were sent the cheesy survey we wrote that we would really like to have Israel again. In the meantime we were contacted by a different genie, only to be contacted by Israel the next day, telling us they had switched! Also, according to his email he now goes by Izzy :-)

Okay! We all made it to Port Canaveral and have settled in at the tiki bar by the pool.

The Budget rental car was so long that after waiting 45 min and not moving we called and cancelled, and rented with Alamo instead. Walked right up and got the car!

This afternoon we went to the Florida Beer Company for some local brews and shuffleboard.

ad4b9ac198ca00b5c75b77c4b925bafa.jpg

After that we headed over the The Cove had had an awesome dinner at Fishlips. Between us we had shrimp tacos, crabby mac and cheese, kabobs, a filet, and the tuna. Everyone loved their dinner and enjoyed sitting inside since it was hot outside. We tried to go to the Preacher Bar after that but it was full so we migrated over to the pool bar.

91fc3a6cb818e11d0f629372f58c5d3f.jpg

The layout of this hotel is definitely confusing but I think we've gotten it all figured out. We'll just take it easy tonight and get ready to head to the ship in the am!

Tomorrow is cruise day!!!!

Following! Which deck/ side are you on? Either way I'm sure you will love your suite and the views that come along with it! Would love to stay in one myself, but way out of our price range! Maybe someday! Thanks for taking the time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Following! Which deck/ side are you on? Either way I'm sure you will love your suite and the views that come along with it! Would love to stay in one myself, but way out of our price range! Maybe someday! Thanks for taking the time!

8th deck, port side!

8th deck, port side!

You will love it! You have the largest balcony in the category (well, you and your starboard side ATS counterpart) and are on one of the best decks of the ship- the Central Park deck! I had that deck on Allure (Boardwalk Balcony, starboard side) and found it so convenient being able to walk through Central Park!

I see that your cruise will be stopping in Labadee, so I'll add that on my recent Harmony cruise, my family and I stayed on Deck 10, port side and our parents' cabin had phenomenal views of the ocean and hills at Labadee (I was across the hall overlooking Central Park). Given that Oasis-class ships dock on the starboard side most of the time, you will likely get the same views of Labadee, only you will also have the opportunity to look out the back as well, so an added bonus.

In the unlikely event that the crew happens to be doing drills on the starboard side lifeboats that day and therefore needs to dock on the port side, you will get great views of the beaches and dock. That was the case with my parents' cabin on Allure, with us being on the starboard side during that cruise. In my opinion, there's really no bad side to be on when it comes to Labadee, and in general as each side has its advantages and disadvantages depending on the itinerary. In the case of St. Maarten, you will enjoy having the advantage of looking out at the ocean instead of looking directly into another ship. It's been a few years since we were there, but it was on the Oasis and on the port side, like you. I cannot comment on San Juan as I have never been there!

So when you combine the luxury of the suite, the size and views from the balcony, and proximity to Central Park... that's about as good as it gets! I'm so excited for you, I can only imagine the excitement that's going through you right now! I will continue to follow, and look forward to reading the rest!

By the way, for sailaway, you will also have great views of the party in the AquaTheater, if that is your thing. Or you could just stay there after muster, as I'm fairly certain you will be assigned to the G4 group in the AT and it's always a mess to get out of the drill regardless of where your station is! If that's not your thing, the pool deck is a wonderful place to be as well, with the music and the horn blasts, and waving to people in the port! (That's always our go-to spot).

I hope I was able to provide you with some helpful information! Wishing you a smooth embarkation and an even better cruise!

Edited by CreativeCruiser119

Enjoy! Can't wait to read about your experience. We are on the Oasis now.....just wanted to warn you that there was an announcement and we received a letter that there was a SMALL amount of passengers (neither indicated 'how small' but significant enough to warrant notifications) had the Norovirus (i.e, gastro issues). It is possible they will end up doing a cleaning prior to the next sailing so you MIGHT be delayed in boarding. BUT being a STAR class you have a separate (very comfortable looking) waiting area in the terminal. Hope you have good weather, we had rain almost every day. We were still able to enjoy our cruise though!

Sent from my iPad using Forums