Pizza Delivery Room Service now $5 ?

bryanjaync

News to me....according the ncl site (link below), there is now a $5 pizza delivery charge across the fleet.

http://www2.ncl.com/sites/default/files/NCL_Dining_Options_05192011.pdf

This is for pizza delivery anywhere on the ship just like Epic has had since day one. It does not include regular room service.

Go back and look at the brochure again.

PE

Looks like they are following RCI's lead in instituting a delivery charge for room service between midnight and 5 a.m.

Don't know about you but I have never had the need to order anything from room service between midnight and 5 am. If I am even up at that time, and feeling hungry, a quick stop in Blue Lagoon is a much better option than the limited room service menu.

PE

Don't know about you but I have never had the need to order anything from room service between midnight and 5 am. If I am even up at that time' date=' and feeling hungry, a quick stop in Blue Lagoon is a much better option than the limited room service menu.[/color']

PE

Oh, I agree, that's the way I'd handle the hunger pangs at that time myself. I think this will cut down on the orders that get ordered but never eaten.

I'm not sure that the pizza delivery charge (except on Epic) or the late night room service charge have ever been implemented. I remember seeing this document a couple of months ago when someone first posted it here, but I can't recall even a single post in which anyone mentioned paying these charges (and I'm sure we would have heard the usual "nickel and dime" complaints ).

I'm not sure that the pizza delivery charge (except on Epic) or the late night room service charge have ever been implemented. I remember seeing this document a couple of months ago when someone first posted it here, but I can't recall even a single post in which anyone mentioned paying these charges (and I'm sure we would have heard the usual "nickel and dime" complaints ).

According to the Freestyle dining guide, a downloadable pdf on NCL's website and as listed above, all ships have $5 pizza service and delivery charge between 12am-5am (there is not a specified charge listed). The guide is dated May 19, 2011.

Anybody needing pizza between 12 am and 5 am while traveling on a cruise with all the other food available during the day deserves to pay $5 in my opinion.

I would think this would just serve as a deterrent for inebriated people ordering midnight pizza just because they can.

When we ordered a pizza (on the Epic last year) we were charged the $5 rate and it wasn't between 12-5am. AND we were standing right there where you order. They still charged us. The pizza was nasty and we only ate 1 slice a piece and tossed the rest. But, just our opinion. :(

My nephew might be at fault LOL.....when he was 20 (6 years ago) we took him on the Star with us. During the 7 day cruise he ordered a total of 22 pizzas from room service. But I assure you, he ate every bite!:eek:

My nephew might be at fault LOL.....when he was 20 (6 years ago) we took him on the Star with us. During the 7 day cruise he ordered a total of 22 pizzas from room service. But I assure you, he ate every bite!:eek:

22??? :eek: Seriously? Was this a 7 day cruise? Yikes!

22??? :eek: Seriously? Was this a 7 day cruise? Yikes!

Yes - this kid thinks pizza is the only food on earth! Even 6 years later, that's all he wants. You would think he'd weigh 500 pounds but he works hard so he stays slim. For now anyway!

According to the Freestyle dining guide, a downloadable pdf on NCL's website and as listed above, all ships have $5 pizza service and delivery charge between 12am-5am (there is not a specified charge listed). The guide is dated May 19, 2011.

I know what it says. I read the document again before I wrote my post, and this isn't the first time I've seen this document. I'm still haven't seen a single report here of someone paying for pizza delivery other than on the Epic (the Epic has had this charge from the first day it sailed), and I haven't read a single report of anyone who was charged for late night room service on any NCL ship. Since people are usually quick to complain about having to pay for something that they used to get for no additional charge, I'm questioning whether NCL has actually implemented these charges. This wouldn't be the first time something posted on NCL's Web site was inaccurate.

I know what it says. I read the document again before I wrote my post, and this isn't the first time I've seen this document. I'm still haven't seen a single report here of someone paying for pizza delivery other than on the Epic (the Epic has had this charge from the first day it sailed), and I haven't read a single report of anyone who was charged for late night room service on any NCL ship. Since people are usually quick to complain about having to pay for something that they used to get for no additional charge, I'm questioning whether NCL has actually implemented these charges. This wouldn't be the first time something posted on NCL's Web site was inaccurate.

I'm thinking that the document is more of a guideline for the Hotel Directors. The actual fees charged are then left up to them. John O'Hara, for instance, has been known to lower the fees for the specialty restaurants in order to spark more bookings. Perhaps the $5 fee is more of a suggestion that no one has chosen to implement on the other ships, along with the late-night room service charge?

Well, to clarify, the pizza cost $5, period. Delivery and all, just $5. I imagine the no response about other ships is that this service has not been as publicized as others claim they are on the Epic. As far the room service charge from 12am-5am feedback... well, most are sleep during that timeframe; I know I would!

Never saw this info before nor heard of the 5 dollar room service but it also reads that the coffee bar, on the Gem Java cafe, is complimentary for specialty coffees and pastry, unless I'm reading it incorrectly, and i thought you pay for this?

Looks like another inaccuracy in the document. There definitely is a charge for specialty coffees at the Java Cafe, and elsewhere on the ship (pastries are free).

Well, to clarify, the pizza cost $5, period. Delivery and all, just $5. I imagine the no response about other ships is that this service has not been as publicized as others claim they are on the Epic. As far the room service charge from 12am-5am feedback... well, most are sleep during that timeframe; I know I would!

Again, have you been charged $5 for pizza delivery on any ship other than the Epic, or have you read even one report here from someone who has been charged for pizza delivery other than on the Epic?

There are plenty of people who order late night room service, whether you don't or I don't isn't relevant. When Royal Caribbean started charging for late night room service there were numerous complaints and comments made on the Royal Caribbean board. I haven't seen one comment here on the NCL board.

I'm thinking that the document is more of a guideline for the Hotel Directors. The actual fees charged are then left up to them. John O'Hara, for instance, has been known to lower the fees for the specialty restaurants in order to spark more bookings. Perhaps the $5 fee is more of a suggestion that no one has chosen to implement on the other ships, along with the late-night room service charge?

Except this isn't an internal document. It's accessible to you, me and everyone else through a link on NCL's web site, and was clearly written for passengers and potential passengers.

Archived