Sunset Jamica Grande - Ocho Rios

Shar27

Has anyone been to to this resort. It is the sister resort to Sunset Beach Resort in Montego Bay.

We will be on the Voyager in February/07 with our 3 children and would like to find a fun activity for the day in Ocho Rios.

I phoned the 1-800 number for Sunset Beach and was told that the resorts are similar, but the Ocho Rios one has no water park. Drats.

Any suggestions???

My family and I have not been there, although we have been to the one in Montego Bay. We will be arriving in Ocho Rios on the Mariner of the Seas in early december and are trying to determine what is the best thing to do.

I contacted Sunset Jamaica Grande and confirmed today that the prices are US$60 per adult (12+ years old) and US$30 for children UNDER 12.

We are travelling with a 12 year old this go around and I am not sure it will be worth it. I see no reason why they should charge the same for a 12 year old who cannot drink the "free" liquor at the bars as they do an adult. Seems a bit unreasonable to me.

We're going to keep looking. Sunset Beach was great at Montego Bay, but I believe it only cost me $40 per adult and $20 per child at the time (Jan. 2004). For that it was worth it.

I'm still looking for alternative all-inclusive resorts that are not "couples only" in Ocho Rios.

The prices do seem a bit unreasonable. I will have a 12 year old with me as well.

Considering they don't have the water park, I don't understand why they would cost more. What else do they have for the children?

It is my understanding that the prices in Montego Bay are still the same as you paid.

I guess I will have to keep looking.

Archived