Flying in to Palm Springs, cruise from Port Everglades

Sparky2

We are sailing from FLL next January. Airfare that is available (Delta) is over $500. I checked Palm Springs and we can save $128 each.

Has anybody every flown in to Palm Springs Airport & cruised out of Port Everglades?

How did you get to FLL. Shared ride or car rental?

We are coming in a day early & have reservations at a hotel in Plantation, FL.

We are sailing from FLL next January. Airfare that is available (Delta) is over $500. I checked Palm Springs and we can save $128 each.

Has anybody every flown in to Palm Springs Airport & cruised out of Port Everglades?

I assume you mean Palm Beach (not Palm Springs). Since Port Everglades and Palm Beach Airport are almost 50 miles apart, rent a car. You will also want the car for the hotel in Plantation since that is not a cheap cab ride to the port.

Make sure you aren't actually trying to book Palm Springs. Palm Springs is in California 2500 miles away. I wouldn't think anything of it but you've written Palm Springs three different times so maybe you don't realize it is the wrong city to fly into if you are cruising out of Fort Lauderdale.

And no, no one has ever flown into Palm Springs and cruised out of Fort Lauderdale. Palm Beach, yes, Palm Springs, no.

Edited by BlueHerons

Make sure you aren't actually trying to book Palm Springs. Palm Springs is in California 2500 miles away. I wouldn't think anything of it but you've written Palm Springs three different times so maybe you don't realize it is the wrong city to fly into if you are cruising out of Fort Lauderdale.

And no, no one has ever flown into Palm Springs and cruised out of Fort Lauderdale. Palm Beach, yes, Palm Springs, no.

Yes, obviously I meant Palm Beach. Did the original post as I was getting ready to go to dinner & movie. Guess I shouldn't rush things as that's when mistakes happen!!!

Guess I should have written PBI (airport code) and I wouldn't have screwed up.

Edited by Sparky2

No joke. Several years ago an employee in our company who wanted to fly back to NYC from Miami entered what they thought was the airport code for La Guardia Airport (LAG; it's actually LGA), and discovered that they had purchased a non-refundable ticket to a city in Venezuela. It took lots of work and time to straighten it out.

:D:D:D Sorry but did this catch my eye...We have a vacation house in Palm Springs and would love to cruise out of there ;)

Depends on San Ardreas....

Sorry for hijack - to OP the car rental is the way to go. Alamo has dropoff at 17th street entrance to port, Hertz is at Hilton Marina, or you can go to airport. You may or may not get a shuttle to the pier from there, but if you can't get one, drop everyone off at the pier and then turn in the car. Worst case is around a $15 cab from airport to pier.

When our family lived in Plantation we all loved using West Palm's airport to avoid the hustle and bustle of FLL. But if you plan on flying into West Palm and then staying inland in the Plantation area...we must agree that a rental car makes the most sense. Shopping around can often get you a very good deal on a rental car, and many of the major agencies do not charge a one-way drop fee. You might also want to look for a rental car company that provides free shuttle service from their Ft Lauderdale location to the cruise port.

Hank