Which Beaches Have Sea Glass???

dianelevene

We will be in Grand Turk this summer on a cruise. We were there several years ago and went to Governor's Beach. We found sea glass there. This time we will be back in Grand Turk with my MIL who collects sea glass. Is Governor's Beach the only beach where we might find sea glass or can we find it on other beaches too? I am asking because I seem to remember that Governor's Beach did not have any amenities such as lounge chairs or places to buy drinks. It is hard for my MIL get up and down off the ground so if we can find a beach with lounge chairs AND sea glass for her to hunt for, she will be a very happy lady.

Not a "collector" of sea glass, but as far as I know Governors is your best bet. You might find some along the northern part of downtown between John's Ocean View and Pillory Beach. Not sure if either have sea glass. The people at John's can tell you. You can hang at their beach, friendly folks, good food, reasonable prices compared to cruise port and beach places along that stretch. Pillory does have loungers on a first come first served basis if there are extras available if not completely taken by Bohio Resort guests.

Where is the conch graveyard beach? I'd bet my MIL would like that too. She likes shells almost as much as she likes sea glass.

When you leave the pier, go to the right. You can walk along the beach there and find conch shells on the beach or in the rocks. My husband loved searching around the rocks at the edge of the ocean for them. Make sure to have water shoes though if you want to do that.

It's not an easy stroll along the beach to the conch graveyard, if there's any sea glass there at all. Might not be feasible if MIL has mobility issues. Along the side to Jack's is smooth sand. again, no guarantee of sea glass.

Thanks! Luckily my MIL doesn't have any huge mobility issues. She and my FIL like to walk on the beach in FL pretty often.

She will probably be more interested in the sea glass than the conch shells though so I will have to ask her which she'd prefer to do.

We found some by Jack's Shack when we were last year, but that was probably 5 years ago.

It has been even longer than that since we've been there. I think the first and only time we were there was 9 years ago.

I just started collecting sea glass a few weeks ago in Bonaire. Such fun!

My MIL has been collecting for a number of years now. She loves searching for the pieces every time we go to the beach. The BEST beach ever was Glass Beach in Hawaii. It was quite hidden and we really had to search to find it. But we found tons of sea glass.

I too collect sea glass. Thanks for the tips for GT. The smaller islands we've been to in Fiji have been a gold mine! :)

Anyway, thought I would just share my latest find to display my sea glass. It looks really great in these, especially if you can find some other colors other than the white and green.

http://www.michaels.com/artminds-decorative-glass-block-5.6in-x-5.6in-x-3.75in/10442024.html#q=glass+block&start=2

I too collect sea glass. Thanks for the tips for GT. The smaller islands we've been to in Fiji have been a gold mine! :)

Anyway, thought I would just share my latest find to display my sea glass. It looks really great in these, especially if you can find some other colors other than the white and green.

http://www.michaels.com/artminds-decorative-glass-block-5.6in-x-5.6in-x-3.75in/10442024.html#q=glass+block&start=2

That's a great way to display your sea glass. My MIL has some other colors. Lots of browns and a few pieces of blue. I think she has one pink piece.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

You can also get these blocks at Hobby Lobby and they go 50% off every other week.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...