Ukrainian Waterways

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your river cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
River Cruising
Find Others on Your River Cruise! River Cruising Roll Calls
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:55 PM.
South Eastern PA
142 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
While a long way off - beginning to look into my (our - DW obviously included) next cruise - probably in May of 2009.

Exploring a possibility of doing Ukrainian Waterways (Kiev - Odessa via Dniepr River & Black Sea). Anybody have done so lately and if so - what vessel were you on and what are your sentiments?

Thanks in advance
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Regards,
Allan

July 1971 - Black Sea - Rossyia (Black Sea Fleet)
June 1973 - Crimean Penninsula - Taras Shevchenko (Black Sea Fleet)
September 1991 - Eastern Caribbean - Azure of the Seas (Admiral Lines)
May 1996 - Western Caribbean - Seabreeze (Dolphin Lines)
September 2006 - Alaska - Vision of the Seas (RCCL)
May 2010 - Ukraine - Mikhail Lomonosov (Viking)
Orange Park, FL
788 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
What company are you using for your Ukranian cruise? I hope you will post a review after your return because I think there are a number of us who are considering that itinerary and would like some "first-hand" information.
Boston MA
4,907 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
If anyone is still following or subscribed to this thread, can we invite you to join the conversation at Viking Footsteps of the Cossacks (Ukraine)? We are looking for past cruisers to talk about their experiences and to help those of us who planning this cruise to learn more about it.

TIA!

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Caminante no hay camino, se hace camino al andar." Antonio Machado

Expand for links to links to photos, blogs and more.
E-mail me

The high value put upon every minute of time, the idea of hurry-hurry as the most important objective of living, is unquestionably the most dangerous enemy of joy Herman Hesse

AT SEA: 1983/NCL Caribbean ~ 1985/Premier DisneyWorld+Cruise ~ 1997/NCL Alaska ~ 2000/Renaissance Istanbul to Athens ~ 2001/Celebrity Horizon Southern Caribbean ~ 200?/NCL Boston to Bermuda ~ 2005/Celebrity Zenith Central America/Western Caribbean ~ 2006/RCCL L.A. to Ensenada ~2007/Celebrity Century Scandinavia & Baltic Capitals ~2009/Celebrity Infinity South America around the Horn ~ 2016/Viking Sea Midnight Sun ~ 2016/Viking Sea NYE on the Med

RIVER DAYS: 2010/Viking River Cruises "China's Cultural Delights" ~ 2013/Viking "Footsteps of the Cossacks" ~ 2015/Viking "Passage to Eastern Europe"

Save