Help me smuggle liquor onboard

Sexynina1998

Well, I personally would never, ever, EVER smuggle on ant alcohol as it is against the rules but I do bring holy water in secret compartments. Here's how I bring my "holy water": Cosmetics & toiletries.

Get opaque liter shampoo & conditioner bottles, empty & clean them, fill with holy water. Seal and pack.

Mouthwash: get a jumbo mouthwash, empty it, fill with holy water, and add a few drops of food coloring to match the shade of mouthwash (or buy a clear brand).

Contact solution bottles and the like work well too.

The best tip? Pack your clean, empty bottles to take on the flight so you account for the space but don't sabotage your weight limit. Then, fill them before boarding the ship and know they'll fit! When you're ready to go home, simply toss the bottles and there's your space for whatever you purchased onboard! The weight you're adding to the suitcase should be balanced by the depleted weight of any *actual* toiletry & other items you used whilst away!

You're welcome.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 weeks later...

Bring a case of water bottles with the plastic torn and maybe one or two taken out. They will most likely flag the water for inspection. Then put a handful of other smuggled plastic bottles cleverly concealed in your checked baggage. You'll slide through. Just remember: pigs get slaughtered. Show some restraint.

• 4 weeks later...

... for all the great ideas. I recently cruised aboard the HAL Nieuw Amsterdam. While the overall experience was positively memorable, the cocktails were weak and the beer selection was very limited. I'll be more prepared next time around!

Now if we can only devise a way to smuggle a coffee maker aboard... :cool:

Just got back from cruise. Came directly from beach. Forgot I had a suitcase with lots of those foil mixers with alcohol in them. I also had a carry on that I had filled with water bottles to take with me. They never asked about suitcase with alcohol,but they did ask about the water bottles but since I am a little old lady they didn't check anything.Take the premix foil

• 5 months later...
I have been on 20 cruises (Carnival, Royal Carribbean, Holland America, NCL, Costa, and Princess) and have always put liquor in my checked bag and have never had any problems until about 6 months ago on an NCL cruise. I received a note at my cabin stating that during routine scanning of bag they noticed a "questionable" object in my bag and they wanted me to head to the card room to collect my bag. They also placed their liquor policy on the sheet. Needless to say, I knew what this was about! Anyway, I went and stood in line with approximately 10 other people. When it was my turn to enter the room, I entered and they asked me if I had liquor in my bag to which I answered honestly. I opened the bag for them and showed them the liquor. I actually had three bottles of different types of liquor. After a brief conversation with the officer, he told me that he wanted me to have a good time and he let me keep all the liquor. I was so embarrassed but I can't say anything negative about NCL because they treated me really well and did not make me feel bad at all.

We all laugh about it now but it was so embarassing that day. Anyway, I just wanted to share my story so you all have an idea of what could happen![/quote

what happens in the naughty room should stay in the naughty room!

w

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay cruisers, pay attention if you wanna get the booze on the ship:

1) Fly down to the port 1 day before sailing

2) Book hotel for the nite, close to liquor store

3) Go to Liquor store nite before sailing

4) Buy a bottle of your choice

5) Set alarm for 8am on morning of departure

6) Drink bottle of liquor purchased nite before with breakfast

7) Find your way to the ship and somehow get on board

WALA!! That is how you get booze on the ship before sailing.

To get the booze on the ship before leaving port of call:

1) Stop into any duty free shop on any island port of call 2-3

hours before you have to be back on board

2) Follow item 6 and 7 above.

Hope this helps, it works for me!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of you people just amaze me.

Its cruise line policy (with the exception of some lines that allow 2 bottles of wine) that passengers are prohibited from bringing booze on board.

Selling drinks to passengers is a profit center for them. Would you sneak alcohol into a restaurant to avoid paying for drinks? Wait don’t answer that!:rolleyes:

If you’re too cheap to pay for a $6 gin and tonic while on vacation please do us all a favor and stay home on your couch.

And by the way…while on the Epic two years ago I didn’t get my bag until very late because it was caught in security while NCL checked bags for smuggled booze. Thanks a lot!:mad:

• 3 weeks later...

The evolution of this thread was amazing. On one hand I'm scared crapless about getting caught(first time cruiser n all) on the other hand this is my husbands birthday gift n I don't want him to complain about anything including the pricey watered down drinks. Thanks for the tips, I will keep them in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

The absolute and best way to smuggle is a the bag from a box of joe at Dunkin donuts. Remove the bag from the box and it is perfect. Pack it in the suitcase and your are ready to go. Have done this about 6 times already and have never been caught.

The fact that this thread is NINE years old is ridiculous to start it up again.

Times have changed. What worked then does not work now.

Partly they changed because of the not so bright people on this board that tell how they smuggle. News flash: the cruise lines read this site. It's been confirmed. So tell everyone how you plan to smuggle and they'll look for that too. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

GOOD, I want the cruise lines to read this post. Disney allows alcohol on board and they are still in buisness! What's ridiculous is that that servers on the Lido deck won't leave yaou alone, constantly interrupting my reading, conversation or just sunning to ask if I want a drink. Shoving alcohol sales down the cruisers throat. I wish the cruise lines would think of another way to fleece us and let the cruisers bring a reason amount of alcohols on board like Disney does. This way I would not have the $100 bottle of Tequila I was hoping to enjoy while on board taken away :-(

• 3 months later...

I will never understand why you would want to smuggle alcohol onboard. People who try to smuggle liquor onboard just hold up the check-in lines for everyone else. I am not a big drinker....I enjoy a drink or two everyday but I buy it on the ship.

That makes no sense, how does smuggling hold up the check-in line? If you smuggle, it goes in the checked luggage. We smuggle every time because we like margaritas in the room and we like our own mixer and orange liquor in them. We also bought the Cheers package on the last two cruises.

• 1 year later...

Buy a urine recycling unit. Have a good booze up before going on board. Then as the time goes on if you recycle everything the resultant liquid will be so strong you might consider splashing out (excuse the pun) on a can or two of soda to water it down a bit. Enjoy your cheap skate cruise.

• 1 month later...

Come on kids. Learn how to play by the rules. If the price of x number of drinks is going to financially wipe you out perhaps you shouldn't be cruising. Factor in what you think you will consume and call it part of your cruises bottom line.

Frankly I hope all the 'smugglers' out there get caught. Let's raise our paid for and not smuggled cocktails of choice and toast those that now get to pay twice (the smuggled beverage you purchased to sneak on board was your first hit plus the one you just paid the ship for is part two). Now that's saving!