Overnight at Sydney

hellopuppies

Hi dear,

We will be sailing Voyager OTS and disembarking at Sydney next November. As Voyager is staying overnight at Sydney before disembarkation the next morning, I wonder how early can we leave the ship to Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport to take the 11:25am flight. I checked with RCI website and got the suggestion of taking the flight after 12:30pm. I really want to try the 11:25am flight or else I have to stay at the airport till 3:40pm or even 10:00pm.

This is my first time visiting Australia and have no idea about the precedures or time needed at the Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport.

Anyone had similar experiences or advices to share? Thanks in advance!

You will have to go through Australia Customs before departure. Your time going through there will depend on how busy the airport will be. It was not terribly busy when we went through last year, and it took about 30-45 minutes. Our flight was around 2:30-3:00 pm.

Hope this helps.

To help you we need more information.

What is the date of the cruise. I cannot find any Voyager itineraries with an overnight in Sydney in Nov 2015.

Most cruise ships arrive at 6am with self debarking occurring from 7am.

Travel time to the airport is about 30 minutes by taxi on weekend and 40 minutes on week days. There are often traffic delays at the airport on Sundays.

If you are flying out on an international flight then you should check in at the airport 2.5 to 3 hrs before.

Hugh

cassamanda, thanks! Your info is so useful for us.

Oh it should be Explorer OTS staying overnight on Nov 28 and disembarkation on Sunday. I think I'll take the 11:25am international flight if I can self debark from 7am. Gonna call RCI to confirm before booking the flight. Hope it works!

cassamanda, thanks! Your info is so useful for us.

Oh it should be Explorer OTS staying overnight on Nov 28 and disembarkation on Sunday. I think I'll take the 11:25am international flight if I can self debark from 7am. Gonna call RCI to confirm before booking the flight. Hope it works!

You should be fine. There is little traffic in the city on Sunday morning - only at the airport.

Check with the Australian forums about the latest info on the cruise terminal taxi arrangements. You will probably need to debark onto the upper concourse of the terminal as the taxis are on the upper level.

Make sure you get the taxi to use Qantas and Airport Drives (past the domestic airport) to the International terminal as that way has the least traffic delay getting into the airport itself.

The big traffic jams are on the western approaches but you should be coming from the north/eastern approach.

Hugh