Carnival Magic 5/20/12

Okay, where to start...

We arrived in Galveston Saturday night and stayed at Holiday Inn Express on the Seawall. It wasn't a fancy hotel but definitely served the purpose. They had a great breakfast which helped since hair and makeup came to the hotel at 5:45 am Sunday morning.

Sunday morning hair and makeup came on time. We used Kristina Frank makeup Artistry for makeup and Jessica from Fancy Faces for hair. Both were absolutely amazing! Would recommend them to anyone.

The Monday before the wedding I had received an email from TWE telling me the bridal party and guest had to be there at 9:30am. All along they had told me 10:30. When I called, they said not to worry and 10:30am would be great. Well, they were wrong. We finished with hair and makeup a few minutes before 10am and headed to the port. It was already crazy there. All passengers were already boarding. We waited in line to unload our luggage for about 30 minutes putting us boarding late. It was very unorganized. Some of our guest had arrived early and were allowed to board without us which I was very thankful for. I did find out from my coordinator that the time used to be 10:30 until Magic came then it changed to 9:30. She also told me that both Carnival Weddings and TWE were suppose to have contacted me when the ship came to Galveston (in November) to explain the time change to me. No one ever did. Besides this though, the wedding was more than I could have ever asked for. The coordinators really helped get us back on track.

Cory and I boarded separately because he had to wait on a few other people before he boarded. The coordinator took me straight to the Vibe were my reception was held, to set up the few decorations I had. I gave her all of my instructions (nicely typed out), cake decorations and a picture of what I wanted, all my flowers along with a list of what went to who, and our ceremony music. All which turned out perfect. From there she took my bridesmaids and me to my room.

My bridesmaid put their dresses on then helped me into mine. About 30 minutes before the ceremony the girls went downstairs for a quick run through. At this time Edwin our photographer came in. He was wonderful. If you can request a photographer I would definitely pick him. He did fantastic! He took several pictures of me in the room then took me downstairs for the wedding!

When we got to the Spotlight Lounge I waited outside so that Cory couldn't see me. I stood for about 10 minutes by myself. It was the most nerve-racking 10 minutes of my life. Then the coordinator came out with my grandfather (who was walking me down the isle). This made me feel a lot better. I soon heard the music begin and then fade out. It was my turn! The moment I saw Cory I began to cry... It was a long walk down the isle (which was good. It gave me time to calm down). The officiant, Jane, did a great job. She did it exactly as we had wanted. We included the sand ceremony into our wedding. It all went perfect. The music was played exactly as we had wished. Along with our ceremony CD we also brought an additional one to be played before the wedding as everyone was seated. They also played this after, while we took family pictures. The Spotlight Lounge was the perfect ceremony space. We loved it!

Our reception (deluxe romance) started at 1 pm. After we were introduced we went straight into our cake cutting. We had a mixed tier cake (vanilla and chocolate) with vanilla filling. I had read on these boards how great the cakes were but I never really believed it. But I was pleasantly surprised when I took a bite of our cake. It was delicious! We had asked that there be no piping on it since we brought our own ribbon and flowers to be placed on it and they did exactly as we had wanted. It was perfect.

After, we went to our first dance and then the mother/son dance. Those were the only dances we chose to do. We brought CD's for both dances and they went perfect.

We then enjoyed our hors dorvous (spelling?). We had asked for additional menus and chose the items we wanted. Cory and our guest thought were all perfect. Unfortunately, I didn't try them. (My stomach was still jittery) The bartenders were great. My coordinators made sure Cory and I always had drinks in hand which was perfect. The DJ played dance music and a lot of country and rock (because that was what we had requested). It was the perfect wedding and I wouldn't have changed a thing!

About the coordinators, they were great. They made sure we were taken care of, that the wedding and reception were perfect and everything was as I wanted, and they made sure all of our guests had signed the guestbook. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

During the cruise, the bartenders, hostess, and everyone else who had helped with the wedding remembered exactly who we were. We would be sitting my the pool and the bartenders would walk up and talk to us about the wedding. We loved it!

The pictures turned out beautifully! Edwin stopped by our cabin on Tuesday and asked us to stop by that evening to look at pictures. They were wonderful. Thanks to my in laws, we were able to purchase every picture he had printed (88 8x10 and 92 5x7) plus CDs of each, 2 DVD slideshows, 3 canvas and 2 posters. He gave us a great deal on all of it!

The wedding went perfect! If you have any other questions please let me know. I hope I didn't leave anything out. I will try to post pictures this evening!

What did yu decorate your cake with?

I made a cake topper out of artificial flowers. I also put a few on each tier and used some ribbons. When I post my pictures you will see my cake.

Where did your guests park?

There is non sailing guest parking directly across from Carnival's terminal. It is on the corner of Harborside Dr and 25th Street. We toured the ship months before the wedding and the parking is very easy to find. It is a parking garage and they will walk right across the street.

Did you use or see the standard flowers?

I did not use the standard flowers. I used artificial. They still brought my standard bouquet and placed it on my cake table. It was pretty but just not what I wanted. In a few of my pictures you should be able to see them.

Are they real?

Yes, they are real. They are white roses with some greenery and which ever color ribbon you decide.

Just remember if you do decide to bring your on flowers they must be artificial unless you choose to have the ship florist make them!

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask! I know this website helped me tons!

cannot wait to see the pics! Also who did you use for flowers and who did you find your hair and makeup people? I don't find much on them when I google for pricing. I am right now split between Armospher the Salon in Galveston, or on site hair design

Your makeup looked great, you looked beautiful !! Thanks so much for sharing! Helps make it more real and understandable , since I've been on magic and also will marry on there! Loved your flowers! If you are able please let me know bc yeah by look of your pics I am not really liking their bouquet

you pictures are amazing! This is the first time where I saw pictures of the bride and bridesmaids outside on the ship though, did you request that or did the photographer do that himself? Also was this before or after the wedding? I would love some pics with me and my girls outside :)

cannot wait to see the pics! Also who did you use for flowers and who did you find your hair and makeup people? I don't find much on them when I google for pricing. I am right now split between Armospher the Salon in Galveston, or on site hair design

For flowers I used a local florist. Who I wasn't 100% happy with. In the end my flowers came out good but I did have to fix them a little.

I didn't find many salons either. And those that I did I didn't like either the pictures or their prices. I found Kristina Frank online on The Knot. I liked the pictures of her work and her prices were affordable. She includes hair in her prices and hires out a hair stylist. She gave me a list of names and websites that she uses and I told her which one I preferred (Jessica from Fancy Faces). They were both perfect and I would definitely recommend using them.

I did look into Atmosphere but I can not remember why I did not choose them... But I'm glad I didn't!

Hey Bride52012,

The CD's you brought, where they the official full CD? or did you download them online and burn your own CD?

Nona

I burnt my own ceremony CD's but I actually bought the orginial CD for the 1st dance and Mother/Son dance songs. When I spoke with TWE they said they didn't care about using burnt CD's but Carnival was against it. TWE handles the whole ceremony so they said that would be okay as a burnt CD, but since we booked the DJ for the reception we had to bring original CD's for the other 2 songs.

you pictures are amazing! This is the first time where I saw pictures of the bride and bridesmaids outside on the ship though, did you request that or did the photographer do that himself? Also was this before or after the wedding? I would love some pics with me and my girls outside :)

We requested this. It was a spur of the moment thing. I wasn't planning on taking these but they came out great! We did these during the reception. It only took about 5 minutes and we did it towards the end. Before the wedding I was thinking I wouldn't want to leave my guests even for a few minutes, but it wasn't bad. Everyone was eating and dancing and my photographer was so good it was very quick. I'm so glad we took the few minutes to take these. These girls did sooo much for me so these pictures will be treasured forever!

Only one of my bridesmaids was able to sail. Had they all sailed we could have asked the photographer to take these after the reception. Just an idea in case your bridesmaids are sailing!

Congrats your photos came out amazing!! I love the photos with you and your bridesmaids.. Was that something you requested? Gorgeous!!!

Yes, we did. See below

We requested this. It was a spur of the moment thing. I wasn't planning on taking these but they came out great! We did these during the reception. It only took about 5 minutes and we did it towards the end. Before the wedding I was thinking I wouldn't want to leave my guests even for a few minutes, but it wasn't bad. Everyone was eating and dancing and my photographer was so good it was very quick. I'm so glad we took the few minutes to take these. These girls did sooo much for me so these pictures will be treasured forever!

Only one of my bridesmaids was able to sail. Had they all sailed we could have asked the photographer to take these after the reception. Just an idea in case your bridesmaids are sailing!

Congratulations to you! So very happy for you! Those pictures are AMAZING!! You look stunning! :)

Thank you so much! All the stress and hardwork is very much worth it! It came out better than I ever could have hoped for and yours will too!!

Your pictures are wonderful! I'm glad it all turned out beautiful, it gives me hope!! i am using jessica too for my hair, only thru thalio beckham makeup. i have a questin for you, did you pay for your non sailing guests to eat on the lido deck or were they able to do so, without you paying?

Your pictures are wonderful! I'm glad it all turned out beautiful, it gives me hope!! i am using jessica too for my hair, only thru thalio beckham makeup. i have a questin for you, did you pay for your non sailing guests to eat on the lido deck or were they able to do so, without you paying?

I ended up not paying for this, but they were told that they could eat. A few chose to do so and nothing was said to them.

I don't know if Carnival or TWE have told you this yet, but you and your guest will need to board at 9:30am. They told me this 6 days before our wedding and it was to late. But just a word of advise... make sure you ready to board at 9:30. If you wait any later it is very chaotic.

I ended up not paying for this, but they were told that they could eat. A few chose to do so and nothing was said to them.

I don't know if Carnival or TWE have told you this yet, but you and your guest will need to board at 9:30am. They told me this 6 days before our wedding and it was to late. But just a word of advise... make sure you ready to board at 9:30. If you wait any later it is very chaotic.

They just sent me an email today about the time. I will let everyone know. Will there be enough time for hair and makeup, if they come to my room at 7?

They just sent me an email today about the time. I will let everyone know. Will there be enough time for hair and makeup, if they come to my room at 7?

Yep it's official,

After your post Bride520, I called my coordinator and asked her specifically. She said it would be ok, as the new time was just a suggestion.

Well today , I got the email, saying it was official. 9:30!

WOW. Invitations are already printed and sealed.

They allowed 45 minutes for each thing for each girl. So in that case you should have enough time.

Yep it's official,

After your post Bride520, I called my coordinator and asked her specifically. She said it would be ok, as the new time was just a suggestion.

Well today , I got the email, saying it was official. 9:30!

WOW. Invitations are already printed and sealed.

Try to get there at 9:30 if you can. It will make things much less complicated... :( I'm sorry though, I understand how it felt to have it thrown at you.

Try to get there at 9:30 if you can. It will make things much less complicated... :( I'm sorry though, I understand how it felt to have it thrown at you.

Oh I'm ok. I put on my invites 10 am anyway. I'm making an insert to let guests know about the updated time. It was also suggested to mail another card for those that RSVP with the updated time, just in case the insert gets lost.

Personally, I had always planned to be the first person on the ship. I don't want anyone to see me pre-wedding (cruising guests that is) nor, do I want to have any issues with traffic and the like.

So as of right now, I'm planning on being there at 9am, which is the earliest apparently you can arrive.

Archived