Seatac to downtown via lightrail --doable with cruise luggage?

I'm trying to get a sense of how easy this would be, or whether we should just hail a cab. We're a very fit family of 4 w/ 2 dds 15 and 12, but have never been to Seattle so will be out of our element. We'll arrive at 1:30 pm at SEA.

Would the lightrail leave directly from the airport terminal? If we took it downtown to Westlake (I think our Hyatt Place hotel will pick us up there for free), is the Westlake terminal easy to maneuver with luggage on wheels (e.g., elevators or escalators)? Safe? Covered in case of rain?

I understand it's a 40 minute train ride. How long would a cab take?

I like saving money where it makes sense. Does taking the lightrail make sense or is a cab a no-brainer? :confused:

Although there are numerous opinions on this, i have done it twice from seatac to westlake and the convenience and price outweighs the disadvantages. the LRT station at seatac is a level walk and really doesn't take long . At westlake it is an underground transit corridor, so you probably just have to walk to a designated street level exit and get picked up. I think it is extremely doable.

Thanks Oilsand, this is just the info I was looking for. Of course, the amount bags we have will determine whether we physically want to schlep it all on and off the train, but it sounds like a definite option.

Walk from airport to train is about 5 minutes thru parking garage, but covered...escalators & elevators available at the stations. Ride is $2.50 assuming you don't need to transfer to a bus.

Taxi ride averages about 30 minutes but depends on traffic.

I take the light rail whenever I can.

This thread is relevant to my interests.

I'd like to take this train from SeaTac to the cruise terminal. But I don't think it goes all the way, so i'm not sure how to proceed after going as far as possible on the train.

This thread is relevant to my interests.

I'd like to take this train from SeaTac to the cruise terminal. But I don't think it goes all the way, so i'm not sure how to proceed after going as far as possible on the train.

That's why I was asking where the closest station is to the pier (but we will be doing it in reverse of what you are). I hope we get an answer to this question. :)

First if you are with a Carnival Property the Answer is no.

Way to far out of town.

If with RCL Property maybe but I wouldn't. About 1.5 miles mostly industrial . There used to be a street cr that did the waterfront but I have no recent knowledge of such.

Use google maps and put in the King St Station and Pier 66. in the get direction screen. It shows you the route. Transit takes 19 mins with a short walk to start for $2.00

Me.. I'd take a cab. :(

Use google maps and put in the King St Station and Pier 66. in the get direction screen. It shows you the route. Transit takes 19 mins with a short walk to start for $2.00

Me.. I'd take a cab. :(

Thanks. Are you saying you would take a cab because it's a lot easier? There are 4 in our group to share the cost of the cab, so maybe this IS the way to go.

So... is it possible / reasonable to take the train to some point and then some other mode? Or is it just too much of a headache and a taxi is the best way to go? How much should the fare from SeaTac to the pier be?

So... is it possible / reasonable to take the train to some point and then some other mode? Or is it just too much of a headache and a taxi is the best way to go? How much should the fare from SeaTac to the pier be?

Airport into Town is another subject. I have no personal experience.

There is NEW Light rail from the Airport to Near KIngStreet Station. Which would then put you near where the post above covers getting to a piers.

Remember RCL & Carnival owned vessels dock far apart & Carnival is way out of the way.

So which would you rather. GEt into a cab or Limo and go to the pier or mess with the train.

With me... would fall into the same as dragging bags. CAB it. :) Of course.

Taking the dreaded Ships Transfer. Make's it really simple but sometimes (well often in any embarkation/debarkation port I've been in) longer. BUT Simple and convenient.!!

CAB it. :) Of course.

Any estimate of what the fare should be?

Taking the dreaded Ships Transfer. Make's it really simple but sometimes (well often in any embarkation/debarkation port I've been in) longer. BUT Simple and convenient.!!

I'm not sure why I didn't sign up for that a long time ago, but when I tried last week I was told it was too late, that I couldn't do that any more.

Archived