Pharmacy at Belize Pier

ILoveScotland

There's an older thread on pharmaceutical drugs in Belize, but I thought I'd start a new one since I'll be in Belize in a couple of months.

Questions based on what is in the older thread:

1. Is there still a pharmacy at the Belize pier, and is it operated by an American pharmacist?

2. How much cheaper are the medications than in the US?

3. Can most medications be purchased without a prescription?

5. What experiences - good and bad - have people had?

6. Anything else I should know that I haven't thought to ask?

Thanks in advance for responses.

Unless new, I don't believe there is a pharmacy at the tender pier complex. There are pharmacies within walking distance though. Family Health (?) just before the swing bridge, Central, just across and Brodie's down Regent street about 3 blocks past the swing bridge has a pharmacy. There's another on the same side of the river as the tender pier but it's a taxi ride Can't recall the name. Also one near the bus terminal, again a taxi ride.

Sorry, I can't answer your other questions. I don't go shopping for pharms in foreign countries. And frankly don't need to. But you are right to be concerned on the quality and dosage/potency of pharms purchased in foreign countries. I hope someone here can answer those questions for you.

Edited by crewsweeper

I am not sure about the pharmacies in Belize city. Crewsweeper sounds right.

I live in San Pedro. Most drugs can be purchased without a script. No narcatics.

Yes they are much cheaper than in the States. Some cheaper than what my co-pay used to be.

I have been taking "Belize" drugs for seven years. All work as they are intended.

• 2 weeks later...

There are many pharmacies in the Tourist Village at the tender port. They are all owned by the same person but I do not know who that is. If one pharmacy is out of something then they all are. You do not need any prescriptions and they do sell narcotics if in stock. Cheap, cheap!

• 2 weeks later...

Photos are prohibited in the pharmacy so I couldn't take a picture of menu but not everything offered is on the menu so ask. We got ******, Nexium, Valium, Xanax, Flexiril & Codeine. My friend got a lot of others but hydrocodone is not available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Photos are prohibited in the pharmacy so I couldn't take a picture of menu but not everything offered is on the menu so ask. We got ******, Nexium, Valium, Xanax, Flexiril & Codeine. My friend got a lot of others but hydrocodone is not available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. That's very helpful.

I hope all of you that buy prescription drugs while on a cruise without a valid prescription realize that bringing them back into the US is a felony and if caught you face prison time.

I am a regular user of Ibuprofen 800, C I a l s and metformin all of these I buy without a prescription.

I am a US citizen living in Belize. Would you recommend I visit a doctor in Belize for a prescription before my next trip to the states so I don't get into trouble?

• 4 months later...