Dominica - geo

oopps!:o yes....i forgot about the dream ex jamaica itineraries...yep 2 sea days per week on dream and an overnight in cuba

however, I was comparing celebrations ex barbados itineraries (a more like for like comparison with ventura/azura) only one sea day per week on celebration and no overnights.....but I will concede that yes, celebrations ex barbados itineraries are not really coming out with a particularly competitive price compared to p&o....(considering the big difference in newness of ship and all those lovely balconies available reasonably priced on p&o)

i guess its all down to personal preference;)

Edited by geomagot

Just checking some prices for the Caribbean next year and comparing P&O and Thomson in mid February, similar itineraries, P&O comes out at £310 more for a guaranteed outside cabin on the Azura than a deck 2 outside on the Celebration. Yes, I know that Azura is a lovely modern ship with big windows and no judder, but Azura goes to 9 different ports of call, while Celebration goes to 11 :)

Swings and roundabouts :rolleyes:

Just checking some prices for the Caribbean next year and comparing P&O and Thomson in mid February, similar itineraries, P&O comes out at £310 more for a guaranteed outside cabin on the Azura than a deck 2 outside on the Celebration. Yes, I know that Azura is a lovely modern ship with big windows and no judder, but Azura goes to 9 different ports of call, while Celebration goes to 11 :)

It was cheaper last week. They had a sale on.

It is only a guaranteed cabin, Kruzseeka. There doesn't seem to be any facility to pick a cabin on B******r Cruise Club website. I don't think it was a saver price, though, as it had a designated dinner sitting. Does any one know if they have anytime dining on P&O?

Also, just looking again at P&O, I realized that the four cheapest outside cabins are obstructed view, so the actual difference between the cheapest unobstructed view on P&O and Celebration is actually £954:eek:

I wouldn't worry about picking a cabin on Azura, which is a newish ship, but I would definitely pay to choose a cabin on Celebration, as, having heard the engine noise on Spirit :eek::eek: I would not want to be at the back. Our cabin (668) on the Spirit was brilliant. Very handy for the lifts and gangway :)

I believe you can select dining on P&O if you pay the full fare i.e. not savers or early savers. Otherwise it can be a lottery I believe as to what is allocated. Not exactly got my head round it all but I think on Ventura and Azura there are fixed sittings as well as some form of open dining available too.

Prices have clearly rocketed from when I spotted the 'Sale' prices - at that time 14 nights on one of the two ships was about £150 per head cheaper than Celebration for equivalent grade cabins and weeks although as has been said, you do get fewer port days. Didn't clock the comparison with Dream which has the same number of sea days but at the mo that is riding several hundreds more than the best P&O deal I saw. Of course all those prices are no longer available :rolleyes:

You could get a degree in price watching couldn't you? I reckon we'd all be in for top honours on that score - pity we don't have a crystal ball too so we would know when to jump!!!!!! :D:D:D

It is swings and roundabouts I guess, I was looking at their saver fares as not bothered where the cabin is as never pay Thomson to book a particular one.

But also, everyone's circumstances are different so prices will come out different (number of guests per cabin, different dates etc.)

That is the saver fares Baggers. In fact it is actually about £900 more on P&O as the one I was looking at was obstructed view. Just want an outside cabin, not fussed about where on a newish ship, but if you had heard the noise at the back of the Spirit the other week :eek::eek::eek: you would not want to be there :(

We always book a cabin on Thomsons for that reason :)