Just back from SOJOURN...

M&PGermany

We find R2 rather pretentious and over-theatrical. The food is delicious and interesting but all the pomp it's served with can make you cringe. But I know some diners love all that window dressing so enjoy. I confess to being underwhelmed by the TK offerings we experienced on Encore after all the hype - the emperor isn't wearing any clothes? - but I'm happy to wait and see while he fine tunes his menus if necessary.

R2 is so unique because you won't find a restaurant of its kind on any other cruise line - solely dedicated to a tasting menu. That being said, TK became another steak house, similar to "premium" restaurants on other lines. For me there is nothing special there. And yes, we have had TKs menus on our last 3 SB cruises, and have yet to be impressed. (We have not been on Encore yet to try his signature restaurant - that will be next February.)

BTW, I love the presentations: it's part of the entire experience. The anticipation, the description of what you are about to partake in, and finally the tastings themselves with nice pairings of wine, complete a fine dining experience.