Suite pricing on the Edge?

krb1000

If you think those prices are high, check on the NCL Getaway and Escape Haven suites. They are even higher yet. The line that has lower prices on suites is MSC

I am not finding that at all.

Here is an example of 2 January 2019 sailings, Western Caribbean

NCL Escape, Haven Aft Facing Penthouse (534 sq ft) with Separate bedroom and balcony: $12,520 (if you want front facing: $10,520)

=X= Edge, Celebrity Suite, with balcony (460 sq ft) $17,458

Another small factor: The Escape itinerary is 14 days. Edge, 7 days.

On some Edge sailings the prices have jumped dramatically. We booked on March 13 at the launch fares, which I was pleased to see were not that much higher than the comparable sailings on Equinox. Those Equinox fares have not risen since they were launched, btw. So it seems to be supply and demand. You may be able to snag a really good deal on Equinox if Celebrity has to sell off that remaining inventory [but 2019 is a long ways away].

If you can justify it that's great. To each his own. One thing to remember, unlike a land based resort, there's not usually much going on when the ship is in port. Luminae is usually closed for lunch, staff is limited, no entertainment, no one in Michael's Club (The Retreat), but I'm sure if lying by the pool is your thing it should be great.

Which Celebrity ship did you have this experience on board when the ship was in port?

I can confirm the Luminae was closed, but I am fairly certain that the Michael's club was always open. I know it was when I went for an afternoon cocktail and snacks. Actually port days on board are are our favorite days.

Which Celebrity ship did you have this experience on board when the ship was in port?

I can confirm the Luminae was closed, but I am fairly certain that the Michael's club was always open. I know it was when I went for an afternoon cocktail and snacks. Actually port days on board are are our favorite days.

It's always open but there's no one there on port days until late in the afternoon. As I said, to each his own. I occasionally like a day on board in port, but I do like some options available and there usually aren't many on port days until late afternoon. If it's your thing, that's great! Have fun. Just for me, I wouldn't pay the prices for 7 days in the Caribbean. Maybe because I live in Arizona and don't need to search for the sun. LOL

Edited by Ma Bell

• 4 weeks later...
I placed a hold for my sky suite. Just not sure if I want to put a deposit down on a cruise two years away. I already have deposits paid for three other cruises. But hearing how they are already sailing out, I may make the deposit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would definately leave a deposit. Surely no real interest in the bank! You can secure a good sky suite now and the prices keep going up. You can also get your deposit back until the cruise is paid for. Our cruise Mid-March 2019 has no sky suites available. When they were, the prices were more then I paid on the first offering day. Perhaps a few might pop up if people change their minds- but who knows. I find new ships book quickly, especially the suite cabins. We also booked the Harmony of the Seas, 2 years in advance and were able to secure a grand suite at a great price. It was a wonderful cruise! Surely on of our top 4 and we have been on about 40 cruises.

The S3 we booked at $2599pp is now $3999pp.... Talk about rising prices!

... and I thought seeing the price of gas spike twenty or thirty cents at the pumps was "perplexing" (for lack of a kinder word) every time there's world instability, a tropical storm, or "seasonal" changes to the fuel mixture...

Tom

... and I thought seeing the price of gas spike twenty or thirty cents at the pumps was "perplexing" (for lack of a kinder word) every time there's world instability, a tropical storm, or "seasonal" changes to the fuel mixture...

Tom

It's kind of crazy. We booked an S2 for $2550 which us now $4099.

Today I did a curiosity search for our Mar 3rd sailing and nothing is available above an S1. Now that's nuts. Somebody is pay $15pp for a Villa? Wow. I can buy a car for that $.

It became clear to me early on in my cruising history that some of my fellow passengers have incomes with one or two more zeroes than mine.

It's always open but there's no one there on port days until late in the afternoon. As I said, to each his own. I occasionally like a day on board in port, but I do like some options available and there usually aren't many on port days until late afternoon. If it's your thing, that's great! Have fun. Just for me, I wouldn't pay the prices for 7 days in the Caribbean. Maybe because I live in Arizona and don't need to search for the sun. LOL

At this point we really dont know how Luminae @ The Retreat will operate. Celebrity should have more staff for suite passengers as The Retreat will have their own Pool Bar, pool and a Retreat Lounge.

It became clear to me early on in my cruising history that some of my fellow passengers have incomes with one or two more zeroes than mine.

I agree - read a story in my paper this morning - a couple as taken 200 cruises in 15 years - averaging 13 a year - and they have 30 more booked - all on Carnival - and they are not young!

Ok, I get that but if I had that kind of $$ to be honest, I don't think I'd be sailing on X. There are higher end cruise lines and even private ship sailing. $30k for 7 days on Celebrity is not something I would do but then maybe I don't know how to think like those zero folks. :D:D

Ok, I get that but if I had that kind of $$ to be honest, I don't think I'd be sailing on X. There are higher end cruise lines and even private ship sailing. $30k for 7 days on Celebrity is not something I would do but then maybe I don't know how to think like those zero folks. :D:D

.. and recall that the $30k was just for an Edge Villa, the Iconic suite was about $45k after some thoughtful gouging. :D

Tom

But the true luxury lines don't have cheesy "Broadway" shows or art auctions! Chacun a son gout.

Very true. I thought they would have a hard time filling those cabins, boy was I wrong.

As someone mentioned earlier, at this point all they've got invested is their refundable deposit. It would be interesting to know what percentage of those drop off prior to final payment, as I'm sure there's a chunk of "wishful thinking" folks out there. Of course, as Jazz mentioned, there's plenty of people out there with deep pockets too!

Tom

Bottom line- if you are in the 1% and have money to burn, why not enjoy the best suites on all cruise ships? I am not in that category but enjoy the RC ships, especially the Oasis class. On the New HOS, you have a private concierge attending to your every need if you take the top tier suites. If you can afford it- why not?

We try to sail in a suite, bottom of the suite categories and really enjoy the perks. I have priced Oceania and some others and they are way more money during the period we travel. Also, because their fleets are much smaller then Celebrity and RC, we have less choice of when and where we want to sail. Perhaps if you can sail anytime or day of the year, those pricey cruise lines make sense.

In addition the "fancy" cruise lines aren't geared for multi generational families. While some might call ice skating, rock climbing walls, wave pools, a good camp, zip lines and lots of entertainmen including some pretty good broadway revivals "cheesy", many people, especially the younger generation really love the choice. They might not be interested in lectures by an expert in geology.

Bottom line- if you are in the 1% and have money to burn, why not enjoy the best suites on all cruise ships? I am not in that category but enjoy the RC ships, especially the Oasis class. On the New HOS, you have a private concierge attending to your every need if you take the top tier suites. If you can afford it- why not?

Are you referring to the "Royal Genie" for their "Star Class" suites? We were in a suite which qualified last year on the Allure (first few weeks of the program). I hope that they were just going through a learning curve, as our "Genie" was probably less helpful than butlers on NCL and Celebrity, even though they were touted as being so much more. His last act of the week saw him deliver our special order buffalo wings (set up prior to the sailing) to another suite. Hope they liked them! :D

Tom

Really disappointed in Celebrity Cruises price hike. My wife and I have only cruised Celebrity and we just got back from our 6th cruise in 7 years with them just last month. We were plan on going on the new EDGE in early 2019, but when I got the email in early March and by the time we got back from our cruise in mid to late March, suite prices went from $2699 to $3699 and up for Sky Suite. That is where the prices currently our now. This really sucks because I wasn't ready to book before we left and wanted to wait to get more info or deck plans on our current cruise.

We have gone on the Solstice, Silhouette and Reflection, all in there first few months at sea and wanted to do the same with the EDGE. Was really look forward to going up to a suite this time, we usually do concierge or aqua class. But not sure now with the price hike, we could book two people with two perks for the price of one person in Sky suite. Can't believe the large price hike so soon and so fast, literally less than two weeks after first be open to book like March 13th till we got back on March 26th. I know they will still sell out because it is new and exciting but this is still really wrong and I feel back for business. You may have lost a faithful customer do this.

We booked an S1, corner aft the first day the prices were out and paid $3299 for 12/16/18. I guess it is more for the ship than the ports; however, it is quite a ways off. Booked the Reflection for Italy and Greece for 10 days with all the perks the same cabin for 3,699...a huge difference for a lot more beautiful ports that we have seen before and would love to see again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not sure if you've looked recently, but in 2018, that S1 is now selling for 5799pp. The cruise that I cancelled on Constellation for a similar itinerary - the suites start at 6949pp. I just booked Oceania, and granted it is an 8 night cruise, in a B3 (with an extended balcony) including air 4799pp, and I also have a beverage package, gratuities, 550 OBC, and internet. Free specialty dining. I'm sorry, but Luminae and a butler just aren't worth that expense. It appears you got a great deal. I was fortunate to book my sky suite on the Edge for March 2019 at the 2799pp price on the first day fares were offered. But if this is the direction Celebrity is going with their suites, we will be looking at Viking or Oceania, unless an itinerary offered by Celebrity meets our needs, and probably only in AQ.