New to drink packages...

Beachgirl77899

Hi, I had read on here that someone purchased the premium drink package for the price of the classic. I have the classic as a perk for booking a cruise. I am wondering if they go on sale often, and if so, if it would be possible to switch mine to the premium at no cost. Thanks for any info.

No they don't go on sale often and when they do it is often just for select cruises not every cruise. Last fall there was a discount for those taking transatlantic cruises.

Since the beverage package you have was a perk from from Celebrity they wouldn't switch it for the Premium even if there was a sale. If you purchased the Classic package and then there was a sale that had the Premium package for the price you paid for the Classic you could cancel the Classic package & buy the Premium at the sale price.

You can pay $11.60 per day and upgrade to the premium on the ship. I would suggest you try the Classic package for a day or 2. There are a lot of drinks covered by the Classic package.

No they don't go on sale often and when they do it is often just for select cruises not every cruise. Last fall there was a discount for those taking transatlantic cruises.

Since the beverage package you have was a perk from from Celebrity they wouldn't switch it for the Premium even if there was a sale. If you purchased the Classic package and then there was a sale that had the Premium package for the price you paid for the Classic you could cancel the Classic package & buy the Premium at the sale price.

You can pay $11.60 per day and upgrade to the premium on the ship. I would suggest you try the Classic package for a day or 2. There are a lot of drinks covered by the Classic package.

Just of late, Celebrity has rolled out a new pricing structure and you now will only have to pay the difference from the price on the classic package if the drink goes beyond your $9 limit. So, if you order a drink that only costs $10 and you have the classic package, you will only have to pay $1.18 (includes gratuity) whereas before, you'd be required to pay for the entire cost of the drink. Maybe it won't be imperative to upgrade to the premium package after all. Time will tell ???

No biggy, but it's actually $11.80 :cool:

Just sailed last month with the Classic. My concern was martini's. Turned out to be 3.54 for each martini.

I never made the switch. We had a lot of OBC

It would have cost me more. :)

My DH mostly drinks beer and wanted to try a few that are now above the $9. So, he will probably try one or two a day that are above the classic package limit for a charge of $1 a beer. So much better than paying $11.80 per day.