All Things Adventure of the Seas

I know my last cruise on 2015 they were like a rock. I am hoping they are a little better.

normally I am so tired by the time I go to bed its lights out after hitting the pillow

Big G, I read where you were in GS 1578 in March. We are in this GS in July. How was the noise from the pool,deck above? Also is this GS below the smokers area above? If so, could you smell the smoke on the balcony? How was the bed----hard or new mattress? I appreciate your help with all these questions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can anyone tell me if the mattresses on AOS are still hard as a rock or if they've been replaced? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll be curious to see how that goes. I first started hearing about hard mattresses back in 2015 around our Freedom cruise. Mattlresses were fine for us on that cruise. Believe me I know when a mattress is hard. I have woke up with no blood circulating in an arm from a too hard mattress. Oasis in 2016 was our first Diamond Cruise and they had a foam mattress topper on our bed without us asking. The same was true on Majesty last fall. Each cruise I hear other people talking about hard mattresses on the shuttles back to our car. Maybe mattress toppers are a new Diamond Perk? :confused: I'll be reporting back in about 3 weeks!

I'll be curious to see how that goes. I first started hearing about hard mattresses back in 2015 around our Freedom cruise. Mattlresses were fine for us on that cruise. Believe me I know when a mattress is hard. I have woke up with no blood circulating in an arm from a too hard mattress. Oasis in 2016 was our first Diamond Cruise and they had a foam mattress topper on our bed without us asking. The same was true on Majesty last fall. Each cruise I hear other people talking about hard mattresses on the shuttles back to our car. Maybe mattress toppers are a new Diamond Perk? :confused: I'll be reporting back in about 3 weeks!

They were perfectly fine for us in January! No complaints! Sleep better than ever on the waves!

From what I have read...only a few have been replaced and the new ones are the ones that are hard as a rock.

Yep. :)

We've now been on two ships with new rooms and therefore new mattresses (and on adventure in December with an old room but a new mattress) and they ARE the ones that are very very hard.

Now...one person's hard mattress is comfy and nice while another person despises it. But both will know it's a hard mattress. I still sleep well on a cruise despite the slab of granite under me. :)

Hello Everyone!

I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread! We leave in 41 for a B2B on Adventure. It's our first time out of San Juan, and our first time on a ship larger than a Radiance Class. Thank you for all of the tips and advice! I've spent a little bit of time each night the last week reading from the beginning.

Has anyone stayed in 8690/8390? We are booked in 8690, and love the afts, but am curious about the balcony size. I can't decide if it's as big as it appears or not. Either way...14 nights in the Southern Caribbean. What's not to love?

Hello Everyone!

I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread! We leave in 41 for a B2B on Adventure. It's our first time out of San Juan, and our first time on a ship larger than a Radiance Class. Thank you for all of the tips and advice! I've spent a little bit of time each night the last week reading from the beginning.

Has anyone stayed in 8690/8390? We are booked in 8690, and love the afts, but am curious about the balcony size. I can't decide if it's as big as it appears or not. Either way...14 nights in the Southern Caribbean. What's not to love?

Lucky you!! Those are deep balconies so you will love them.

... We are booked in 8690, and love the afts, but am curious about the balcony size. I can't decide if it's as big as it appears or not. Either way...14 nights in the Southern Caribbean. What's not to love?

The balcony size is much larger than that of a side facing stateroom in the same caegory.

New room service menu and fee starts today.

JR was $6.95 yesterday. Although I did hear "rumour" that it would be $8.95 but that they lowered it back to $6.95 for last eeek as it shouldn't have changed $ after the sailing started. So curious to see what this eeek's folks see.

I will say that $19 for the Chops lunch appeared to be a decent value compared to $8.95 for JR or $42 for Chops dinner.

30 more days, I'll take a bunch of pictures and post them here. Any requests?

A hump JS if you can please! I was on the Adventure in 2015 so any of the refurbishments would be nice to see as well.

If you are getting an internet package, I'd like to know how VOOM is as well too please and thanks.

Woohoo! Just booked a last minute cruise on adventure for may 27th...only have to wait 4 weeks now!

I was on the ship last year and loved it. Can't wait to see the upgrades and I hope Amar is still there in the pub. Awesome guy.

Got the best deal of my life on a JS and I'm pretty excited to get back on this ship!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

A hump JS if you can please! I was on the Adventure in 2015 so any of the refurbishments would be nice to see as well.

If you are getting an internet package, I'd like to know how VOOM is as well too please and thanks.

This time, I'll be in a back of the hump JS 101328