Enchantment Delays / Questions / Upcoming Cruises

I am booked on the EOS in July. I guess everything should be OK by then. There was a big price drop Friday evening the went back up Saturday morning. I am booked through a TA and could not get a hold of her. Next time I am going to book another cabin on the same cruise at the lower rate then cancel the original one if I cannot get a hold on my TA in time. I lost out on a 360.00 decrease per cabin and I am pissed I waited. I called RCCL and she said that the price should be the same still on Monday. Not true. I'm hoping with the bad publicity with all that happened with the EOS that they temporarily lower the price again. :mad:

My parents are on the March 10th sailing and are very interested to hear if there will be any itinerary changes. (My mom is still trying to get me to go, but now I'm even less sure....I live near Baltimore, so I can go last minute....we shall see.)

Kathi

My parents are on the March 10th sailing and are very interested to hear if there will be any itinerary changes. (My mom is still trying to get me to go, but now I'm even less sure....I live near Baltimore, so I can go last minute....we shall see.)

Kathi

From a couple of posters who know about the propulsion system, there's no need to drydock. I'm on the 10 March sailing. Unless you are staying in your parents' cabin, you won't be going unless something comes open, as the cruise is sold out. The speculation is that if our cruise is affected, Key West is the port we'll probably miss as it's the farthest away. There's always the good chance that they'll get the repairs done during this next cruise. If there are any itinerary changes we won't know until probably 3-5 days out.

Just found out about this thread. I, too, am on the March 10 cruise. I've been following all the other threads. Might as well follow this one too. :p

Gwen :)

We are on the tenth of March cruise too. Hope we can all learn what is going on here on this thread.

I suppose all we can hope for is that they manage to get the problem fixed. Sure would hate to miss Key West. Everyone seems to feel that would be the one they would eliminate if one had to be skipped.:rolleyes:

We are on the tenth of March cruise too. Hope we can all learn what is going on here on this thread.

I suppose all we can hope for is that they manage to get the problem fixed. Sure would hate to miss Key West. Everyone seems to feel that would be the one they would eliminate if one had to be skipped.:rolleyes:

I would love to miss Port Canaveral instead,lol. But I know that is where they get the ship's supplies from...

Tomorrows cruise 2/27/12 has revised itinerary, but nothing has been discussed on future plans. I have family members cruising 3/31/12 I hope that everything is resolved by then.

It would be nice if RCCL could provide updates as well, I realize that they cannot disclose too much, at this point, however, anything would be appreciated.

I am booked on the EOS in July. I guess everything should be OK by then. There was a big price drop Friday evening the went back up Saturday morning. I am booked through a TA and could not get a hold of her. Next time I am going to book another cabin on the same cruise at the lower rate then cancel the original one if I cannot get a hold on my TA in time. I lost out on a 360.00 decrease per cabin and I am pissed I waited. I called RCCL and she said that the price should be the same still on Monday. Not true. I'm hoping with the bad publicity with all that happened with the EOS that they temporarily lower the price again. :mad:

Next time you see a price drop, take a screen shot of the prices and save it to your computer. You can send it to your travel agent to prove there was a price drop!

Check out post #60, the last post on this page:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1578624&page=3

There are still two many threads about this subject -three that I know of -so I'm checking all of them for new information.

This one is an update from TPKeller who is on board the ship sent to Radio this afternoon.

We would like to provide you with important information regarding modifications to the itinerary for your sailing onboard Enchantment of the Seas. Enchantment of the Seas is currently sailing at a reduced rate of speed. Because of the ship¿s reduced speed, it is necessary to make some adjustments to your scheduled itinerary. We apologize for this development and regret its impact on your cruise. You will receive your revised itinerary at check in, or you may view it on our website. As a gesture of goodwill, and to thank you for your cooperation, Royal Caribbean International will provide your stateroom with an onboard credit. Again, we apologize for these developments and their impact on your scheduled itinerary and your vacation. We look forward to welcoming you onboard Enchantment of the Seas on Monday.

Here is the old itiinerary and the new itinerary below.

OLD itinerary

Royal Caribbean Intl

Enchantment of the Seas

12-Night Eastern Caribbean, Baltimore R/T

DayDatePortArvDep

Mon02/27/12Baltimore, Maryland - Embarkation - Times are subject to change 04:00 PM

Tue02/28/12At Sea

Wed02/29/12At Sea

Thu03/01/12At Sea

Fri03/02/12Tortola, British Virgin Islands - Docked08:00 AM05:00 PM

Sat03/03/12St. John's, Antigua - Docked08:00 AM05:00 PM

Sun03/04/12Philipsburg, St. Maarten - Docked08:00 AM05:00 PM

Mon03/05/12St. Thomas, USVI - Docked08:00 AM05:00 PM

Tue03/06/12San Juan, Puerto Rico - Docked07:00 AM01:00 PM

Wed03/07/12Labadee, Haiti - Docked08:00 AM03:00 PM

Thu03/08/12At Sea

Fri03/09/12At Sea

Sat03/10/12Baltimore, Maryland - Disembarkation - Times are subject to change07:00 AM

New itinerary

Date Port Arrive Depart Activity

27-Feb Baltimore, Maryland 4:00 PM

28-Feb Cruising Cruising

29-Feb Cruising Cruising

01-Mar Cruising Cruising

02-Mar Tortola, British Virgin Islands 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

03-Mar St. John's, Antigua 8:00 AM

04-Mar St. John's, Antigua 1:30 AM

04-Mar Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 AM

05-Mar Philipsburg, St. Maarten 12:30 AM

05-Mar Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked

06-Mar San Juan, Puerto Rico 7:00 AM 5:00 PM

07-Mar Cruising Cruising

08-Mar Cruising Cruising

09-Mar Cruising Cruising

10-Mar Baltimore, Maryland 7:00 AM

We are on the March 19th sailing. I wouldn't be one bit upset if we missed a port. The itinerary for tomorrow's sailing is great. There is more time in all the ports except for Labadee. I've been to Labadee and it is a nice beach day, but if we can get more time in the other ports... I say, "Hip hip hooray"... guess you can tell I was a prek teacher eh?:D:D

I would love to miss Port Canaveral instead,lol. But I know that is where they get the ship's supplies from...

If I got to pick the port we would miss,it would be Port Canaveral! My least favorite one to miss would be Key West ; we love Key West!! However, having said this, we all know we don't get to vote on this. It is the company's call and we are just passengers.

Lets try to stay really positive! Time will tell.

I just spoke to a customer service representative regarding our sailing that is scheduled for 3/19/2012--

The ship has under gone repairs; however, they did not completely repair the problem on board--hence the modified itinerary for the sailing departing tomorrow on February 27, 2012.

I was told that any other itinerary changes going forward would be announced as late as possible with hopes that they will be able to resume their regularly scheduled sailings as soon as possible.

We were told that a modified itinerary could mean that the port call at Labadee could be cancelled to allow for an extra day to return back to Baltimore from SanJuan, Puerto Rico. Additionally, passengers on any sailings that experience modified itineraries due to this mechanical issue would likely recieve an undisclosed onboard credit as compensation for the inconvenience.

I hope the issue is resolved prior to our sailing...I would hate to miss our day in Labadee. I was told that any shore excursions that are already booked would be credited once on board the ship.

Good luck to everyone scheduled on the Enchantment over the next few weeks--let's hope that everything else works out and we can all still enjoy a wonderful vacation at sea!!

Archived