Carnivals new pricing structure...seriously?

Not sure if I am understanding the new pricing. Are they seriously charging $2500 for the 15 minute ceremony and now the reception is all an additional expense? I understand increasing prices but that is a huge increase and I dont understand why the ceremony would cost that much? I've been to 3 weddings on Carnival and the ceremony decor is very minimal and it's a super short ceremony.

So after the $2500 ceremony you now have to pay for the food and drinks seperately? Is that correct? So there would be an approx. additional $1000 cost (depending on party size of course). Am I reading all this correctly?

And I know these prices are still relatively inexpensive for a wedding but dang it man, I was only considering a cruise wedding because it was so affordable. Does anyone know how these prices compare to the otehr cruise lines?

I can only tell you that you are correct with how you are reading it. For me, they add on another $1000 just for the pleasure of having the wedding on the Dream out of NOLA. So it is going to cost me $3500 plus tax just for the short ceremony. I guess its still cheaper than a land wedding... or I hope so, after I add it all up come next August.

I will say, they have 3 different tiers, for alcohol. If you want a true "open" bar then it is Tier3 and will be $22 a person.

All the more reason to have the ceremony done by a judge prior to cruising

As for the ship just bring your fancy clothes and have beautiful pix taken

This assumes your wedding group is cruising with you and not just coming on the ship for just the festivities at say 11am and then getting off sail away

Makes more sense to marry on land and go to a restaurant with your group if they aren't cruising with you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked my wedding only a month or two before these changes took place. I had to call to make sure it was not going to impact my wedding. (since I paid in full up front, I wasn't looking to have a whole new thing to add to my budget) For anyone dealing with booking under the new prices. CALL THEM. ask a million questions till you understand. I called by 3 times just to figure out that even though I am getting married (in port) on the 4th day of the cruise, non sailing guests can still come!

I second calling and asking questions. Non sailing guests are not welcome at tender ports, so they would not be able to attend my wedding reception on the ship. Things can vary greatly from location to location so make sure you have all the details prior to booking.

Overall my process has been smooth so far and everyone is great with answering questions. And this forum had been hugely helpful as well.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app