Best cabanas are only reserved for Star class on Barefoot Beach in Labadee? Really?

Snooksi

I wanted to rent a beach or over-the-water cabana on Barefoot beach when we are at Labadee. I will only be in a measly Sky Class Crown Loft Suite on the Allure when we sail. I have been reading a lot of threads that mention Sky class is now only offered hilltop or standard cabanas from the concierge email. Is this true? Has anyone who sailed in a Sky class suite been allowed to rent a beach or over-the-water cabana since RCCL divided the suite classes?

When I last sailed on the Allure in Dec, 2013 we were able to rent an over-the-water cabana ($200 less back then...geesh, they have skyrocketed in price!) when we sailed in a Crown Loft. Is this no longer the case because they reserve all of them (beach and over-the-water cabanas) for the Star class now?

For anyone who has had a hilltop cabana....is it an inconvenience to climb all the stairs to get to them from the beach? Did you use it just as much as if you had an over the water or beach cabana? Do the drink attendants frequently ask if you want drinks even though the cabanas are up in the hilltop?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Snooksi

WOW

We have sailed in the Crown Loft suites 3 of our last 4 sailings, and when we did not we were in that A3

Never heard of any issues reserving the cabana you wanted ---until your post.

In fact last August there were three open cabanas on barefoot beach, that were not rented out.

and the new program was in effect.

I guess if they hold them for star class and they do not want to book them, then they will open up to all.

Thanks for the heads up

WOW

We have sailed in the Crown Loft suites 3 of our last 4 sailings, and when we did not we were in that A3

Never heard of any issues reserving the cabana you wanted ---until your post.

In fact last August there were three open cabanas on barefoot beach, that were not rented out.

and the new program was in effect.

I guess if they hold them for star class and they do not want to book them, then they will open up to all.

Thanks for the heads up

I was trying to find out if this is true or not. The OP (from the post I read) was very upset because he had emailed concierge a month out from his sail date specifically to rent an OTW cabana only to be told they were busy with the current cruise guests and would contact him at 2 wks out. When concierge did email him 2 wks later, he was told the only available cabanas left were hilltop and standard. Another poster said the same thing had happened to him on a different Oasis class ship sailing. They both wondered if they were being held only for Star class guests and the reason for my post. A Star class guest posted their Genie asked them if they wanted (specifically) an OTW or Beach cabana, another reason for my question.

I'd hate to reserve a hilltop from concierge if any unused over- the-water or beach cabanas might be available after the Genies have emailed their Star class guests.

I was trying to find out if this is true or not. The OP (from the post I read) was very upset because he had emailed concierge a month out from his sail date specifically to rent an OTW cabana only to be told they were busy with the current cruise guests and would contact him at 2 wks out. When concierge did email him 2 wks later, he was told the only available cabanas left were hilltop and standard. Another poster said the same thing had happened to him on a different Oasis class ship sailing. They both wondered if they were being held only for Star class guests and the reason for my post. A Star class guest posted their Genie asked them if they wanted (specifically) an OTW or Beach cabana, another reason for my question.

I'd hate to reserve a hilltop from concierge if any unused over- the-water or beach cabanas might be available after the Genies have emailed their Star class guests.

Please let us know what you find out.

Safe travels.

• 1 month later...
I wanted to rent a beach or over-the-water cabana on Barefoot beach when we are at Labadee. I will only be in a measly Sky Class Crown Loft Suite on the Allure when we sail. I have been reading a lot of threads that mention Sky class is now only offered hilltop or standard cabanas from the concierge email. Is this true? Has anyone who sailed in a Sky class suite been allowed to rent a beach or over-the-water cabana since RCCL divided the suite classes?

When I last sailed on the Allure in Dec, 2013 we were able to rent an over-the-water cabana ($200 less back then...geesh, they have skyrocketed in price!) when we sailed in a Crown Loft. Is this no longer the case because they reserve all of them (beach and over-the-water cabanas) for the Star class now?

For anyone who has had a hilltop cabana....is it an inconvenience to climb all the stairs to get to them from the beach? Did you use it just as much as if you had an over the water or beach cabana? Do the drink attendants frequently ask if you want drinks even though the cabanas are up in the hilltop?

Thanks for any help.

If this is true, very disappointing. I'm planning on an OTW cabana on Barefoot next month.

If this is true, very disappointing. I'm planning on an OTW cabana on Barefoot next month.

It's true. I emailed my request to Concierge 3 days ago and was told there are no OTW or Beachfront cabanas available but they would put me on the waiting list. Today, I received the routine introductory Concierge email and they did the same...stated only hilltop and standard are available.

I'm sure the waiting list is for whatever is left over from Star class, which is ridiculous.

It's true. I emailed my request to Concierge 3 days ago and was told there are no OTW or Beachfront cabanas available but they would put me on the waiting list. Today, I received the routine introductory Concierge email and they did the same...stated only hilltop and standard are available.

I'm sure the waiting list is for whatever is left over from Star class, which is ridiculous.

Thanks for sharing.

RCI is probably doing this so when they pull a perk from the Star class benefits they can say they have this.

I can only hope one opens up for you.

Love the CL1 and CL2.

We are back in a CL! this summer and love the 17th deck.

Enjoy, we do

Safe travels.

Thanks for sharing.

RCI is probably doing this so when they pull a perk from the Star class benefits they can say they have this.

I can only hope one opens up for you.

Love the CL1 and CL2.

We are back in a CL! this summer and love the 17th deck.

Enjoy, we do

Safe travels.

We splurged on our 2013 cruise with the CL1 and thought it would just be a one time thing. HA....I learned once you cruise in a crown loft, nothing less is worth it. Those two story ocean views are just amazing!!! I even looked into getting an aqua theater suite this cruise, so we could try the Star class perks. Because they don't have that two story window, it wasn't worth it to me. We are so excited and will be in Ft Lauderdale this time next week!

Wishing you a great cruise this summer and I can see why you love the CLs too!!! The 17th deck is always so private and quiet!!